Low Cal Desserts

Options

Replies

• newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    For low calorie, I like Edy's frozen fruit bars, Trader Joe's Hold the Cone mini ice cream bars or Fudgesicles. Mostly I just eat a small portion of regular desserts or factor it into my calories (with the exception of the last 2 weeks of tax season where I found I had diminishing willpower)
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    weight watchers ice cream bars...
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I know I will take some heat for this, but I like FiberOne 90 calorie Chocolate fudge brownies. There are usually coupons online to print so it's not as expensive. They are tiny, but they are chocolate-y and cake-y enough to satisfy my cravings.

I also love weight watchers giant Latte frozen bars. Yum, 90 calories and it is a big bar.
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    the hell is a pluot

It's a plum/apricot hybrid. They're yummy.
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Redundant, but actually measure out and eat a portion. Other than that my wife takes Chocolate graham crackers and whip topping, makes a sandwich, puts in freezer. =Ice cream sandwich substitute.

On WW it was like 1 point, its about 60 calories, I think.
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Serves 6 at about 150 calories each:
    1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
    1 tablespoon balsamic or white wine vinegar
    2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
    1 sprig of thyme
    4 pluots (or mix it up with pears, nectarines, mango, whatever fruit you like)
    3 cups of frozen Greek yogurt -- I use Fage and I put it in the freezer about 10 minutes before I start making the desert; you can substitute with ice cream, but I prefer the yogurt flavor as the fruit and honey is obviously very sweet and with ice cream, it's too sweet for my liking.

Combine the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, once it's simmering, turn off the heat and remove the thyme sprig. Slice up the pluots and brush honey on cut sides. You can either grill or warm the fruit in a pan (I prefer grilled) until warmed through. Arrange slices on the yogurt and drizzle the honey over it.
    the hell is a pluot

I have no idea either, but the way you phrased this made me burst out laughing
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Serves 6 at about 150 calories each:
    1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
    1 tablespoon balsamic or white wine vinegar
    2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
    1 sprig of thyme
    4 pluots (or mix it up with pears, nectarines, mango, whatever fruit you like)
    3 cups of frozen Greek yogurt -- I use Fage and I put it in the freezer about 10 minutes before I start making the desert; you can substitute with ice cream, but I prefer the yogurt flavor as the fruit and honey is obviously very sweet and with ice cream, it's too sweet for my liking.

Combine the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, once it's simmering, turn off the heat and remove the thyme sprig. Slice up the pluots and brush honey on cut sides. You can either grill or warm the fruit in a pan (I prefer grilled) until warmed through. Arrange slices on the yogurt and drizzle the honey over it.
    the hell is a pluot

I have no idea either, but the way you phrased this made me burst out laughing

An apricot and plum hybrid.
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I like to mix up a box of pudding and put in the half cup ziploc containers. You can even top it with a little fat free Cool Whip and a drizzle of chocolate syrup if you'd like or a teaspoon or so of mini chocolate chips or a few finely chopped nuts or whatever your little heart desires.

I also really like the Snickers Peanut Butter Squared Minis. 50 calories each, 2.5g fat, 1g fiber, 2g protein, chocolate, peanut butter. I know they aren't very big, but you want to talk about a bite (or two if you want to savor it) that really hits the spot!

:smile:
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Redundant, but actually measure out and eat a portion. Other than that my wife takes Chocolate graham crackers and whip topping, makes a sandwich, puts in freezer. =Ice cream sandwich substitute.

On WW it was like 1 point, its about 60 calories, I think.

YUM!!!! Great idea!!!
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i eat cereal for dessert. the portion for cheerios and rice krispies is really big. and i really like the fiber one 80 cal chocolate squares. it tastes like diet coco puffs. which is good, not as good as coco puffs but not horrible. sometimes i have two servings, which is only 160 cal, and some really cold milk. delicious!
  • jllaurson
    Options
    PB2, powdered peanut butter, at 45 calories for 2 tablespoons-on 35 calorie bread or Graham crackers. I love the chocolate PB2.
  • qotsagirl314
    qotsagirl314 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fudgsicle popsicles! The original, no sugar added ones! Only 40 cals per bar and soo good when you want icecream and chocolate.
  • erinroro
    erinroro Posts: 20
    Options
    Bump - I love the choc graham cracker and whipped cream idea! I will try that tonight!
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Do a search here for the chocolate tofu pudding someone posted here a few days ago. It is absolutely DELICIOUS. I had some again last night and just cannot believe how rich and creamy and satisfying it is.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I do Diet Pop Cupcakes. Instead of the egg and oil it's diet pop. Lower cal but still yummy
  • lauraminus20lbs
    Options
    I second the Fiber One Chocolate brownies. I also like Skinny Cow candy bars when I'm in the mood for a candy bar - but I buy them individually so I don't go out of control.

Also - check in to some vegan dessert recipes. Some will replace eggs and oil with things like flax seeds and applesauce.
  • apothecarist
    Options
    Dreyer's Slow Churned Ice Cream. I got some mint 'n chip today; it's 120 calories for 1/2 cup and tastes delicious!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    low cal high protein snack

Protein shake:

1 scoop Aria (women's vanilla protein powder)
    5 strawberries
    1 cup Silk (Unsweetened Almond milk)
    1 TBLS Great Value SUGAR FREE Chocolate Syrup
    5 Ice cubes
    Blend and enjoy!

It's 168 Calories for the large serving!
  • Lchittakhone
    Lchittakhone Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    cool whip chocolate frosting (2 Tbsp is 60cals) and dip strawberries in it
  • rvhorsburgh
    rvhorsburgh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I put 1 cup milk, 10 ice cubes, and either 1/2 cup raspberries or blue berries or mango or spinach and vanilla, or an orange into the blender. I have learned you can through just about anything in the blender with 1 cup milk and 10 ice cubes and get a creamy, sweet, filling smoothie out. Also - seedless green grapes - put in freezer. They are an amazing low cal treat.

Try any combo - even if it doesn't turn out excellent, the mistakes are still pretty darn good.