Polite way to turn down dessert at your mother in laws.

Options
So what is the polite way to turn down blueberry pie at your Mother in Laws house.
(PS she even asked for us to buy the pie shells & bring them over) lol

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    'No thank you'.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Yup, just say "no thanks"
  • mstrickland9
    Options
    yes, just politely decline, and explain why if you can. :wink:
  • itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    "I don't like Pie" with a smile! :smile:
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    Options
    Be honest - "No thank you, Im trying to cut back on sugar"
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    "It looks amazing, but no thank you". Put a compliment in there before declining - bakers want to hear it looks/smells amazing...at least I do!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    'No thank you'.

^^ This. Astonishing I know. You may want to practice in front of the mirror.
  • mdraper60
    mdraper60 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Just say no thank you and if she asks why, be honest.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    "Yes, please! Can I have TWO slices?" Take one pretend bite when no one is looking. "Wow this is so good! You know what this needs! Ice cream!", take plate to kitchen and dump down disposal while pretending to heat up spoon under hot running water for said ice cream. Walk to freezer and Proclaim "What? No ice cream? Just as well, I already finished my pie. So fast. That was soooooo good you should enter it in a county fair contest, thank's moms!" (Same excuse if you find the ice cream bring it to the table and plop it on everyone elses plate cause food pushing is FUN, and then sadly proclaim "Oh darn, I ate my pie so fast I didn't even get to the ice cream and now I'm too stuffed--shucks!")

Two pieces because now you cannot be offered 2nds for loving it so much, can claim being "stuffed" and there will be less pie left to offer you later after 3 rounds of awkward charade or whatever goes on at in-law dinners.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Ok I will be the odd man out here.... I would do like I always do and make room for it in my caloric intake. I would get to enjoy a slice of pie and my mother in law (god rest her soul) would have been happy. And I don't know about yours but my mother in law baked her pies from scratch with lard. No way I would passing up a slice of that and the good part is I would go home and the rest of the pie would have stayed at her place... Best of Luck....
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Well, I came in here to say:

How about "no, thank you"?

But it looks like all these other geniuses thought of the same brilliant phrase...
  • Slamdunkpro
    Slamdunkpro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    "Thanks mom, but the last time I had your blueberry pie I was stuck on the toilet for 4 hours so I'll pass"
  • TStrickland007
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies, sometimes I think people that are constantly pushing you to eat is no different than people pressuring you into drugs, lol!!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies, sometimes I think people that are constantly pushing you to eat is no different than people pressuring you into drugs, lol!!

YES!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Yeah...Pie Pressure...Just Say NO!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Yep. Blueberry pie and crack. Eat that pie and you'll end up in the gutter.

Hey, if you want to make some extra cash, steal a couple of slices of that pie, put them in a baggie and "push" them my way!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

I have to agree with that! If it's once in a while, then it's okay but if it's every time, all the time. Yeah, frustrating!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Ok I will be the odd man out here.... I would do like I always do and make room for it in my caloric intake. I would get to enjoy a slice of pie and my mother in law (god rest her soul) would have been happy. And I don't know about yours but my mother in law baked her pies from scratch with lard. No way I would passing up a slice of that and the good part is I would go home and the rest of the pie would have stayed at her place... Best of Luck....

^^ This. I'd plan for it and enjoy every bite :)
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Yep. Blueberry pie and crack. Eat that pie and you'll end up in the gutter.

Hey, if you want to make some extra cash, steal a couple of slices of that pie, put them in a baggie and "push" them my way!

Pie and crack have about the same street value, I think.
  • TStrickland007
    Options
    "Yes, please! Can I have TWO slices?" Take one pretend bite when no one is looking. "Wow this is so good! You know what this needs! Ice cream!", take plate to kitchen and dump down disposal while pretending to heat up spoon under hot running water for said ice cream. Walk to freezer and Proclaim "What? No ice cream? Just as well, I already finished my pie. So fast. That was soooooo good you should enter it in a county fair contest, thank's moms!" (Same excuse if you find the ice cream bring it to the table and plop it on everyone elses plate cause food pushing is FUN, and then sadly proclaim "Oh darn, I ate my pie so fast I didn't even get to the ice cream and now I'm too stuffed--shucks!")

Two pieces because now you cannot be offered 2nds for loving it so much, can claim being "stuffed" and there will be less pie left to offer you later after 3 rounds of awkward charade or whatever goes on at in-law dinners.

Genius!!