Ladies Bra Sizes - How much have you lost?

Options

Replies

• bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Was a 40DDDD but the band was a bit tight and the cup a tad small (still, not enough to go up to a 42 H). Now am a 40DDDD still but the bras fit very well. When I was thin in the past I was still a 32DDD at my goal. So I'm not worried about that.
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I was about a 34F, and am now a 32D after 22lbs lost
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    867134_3251.jpg

I started as a 44H and have gone down to a 42F after losing 80 pounds. Definitely interested to see where they end up...Hopefully not THE FLOOR! :embarassed:

For effect...lol 44H

33oitfa.jpg
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Well...

When I was clinically obese, mine were 38A. I lost the weight and got down to a 32AA, but really I didn't ever even wear a bra at all because I didn't need one. I got sick of looking like a man, so I spent some money...

Depending on the brand, I currently wear either 32F(DDD) or 34E(DD).

It is so damn nice to have a chest measurement in proper proportion with my waist and hip measurements! I use to wear size 20 clothes and had A cups, and all they did was shrink all to hell. I thought they were going to sink inside my ribcage by the time I started wearing size 5 again.

Best money I ever spent.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Well...

When I was clinically obese, mine were 38A. I lost the weight and got down to a 32AA, but really I didn't ever even wear a bra at all because I didn't need one. I got sick of looking like a man, so I spent some money...

Depending on the brand, I currently wear either 32F(DDD) or 34E(DD).

It is so damn nice to have a chest measurement in proper proportion with my waist and hip measurements! I use to wear size 20 clothes and had A cups, and all they did was shrink all to hell. I thought they were going to sink inside my ribcage by the time I started wearing size 5 again.

Best money I ever spent.

Omg!! You got big ones and I'm trying to get rid of mine!! lol
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    40-E to a 34-D
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    no idea.. there's some extra room there in the cups, guess I'm back to a full B then.

also, if you go down in band size shouldn't you go up a cup? O.o atleast I was always told that if you can't fit 32B then try 30C etc..
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    no idea.. there's some extra room there in the cups, guess I'm back to a full B then.

also, if you go down in band size shouldn't you go up a cup? O.o atleast I was always told that if you can't fit 32B then try 30C etc..

This is true depending on how and where from you lost the weight. If you lost weight around the ribcage but not across the bust, then the band goes down and the cup goes up because the cup size in a 32C is NOT the same cup size as a 34C. A lot of women don't realize this. However, when losing weight, it might come off the ribcage OR the bust, OR both, depending on the person. You just have to know how to measure!

And never ever EVER get measured at Victoria's Secret! Those jokers want me to wear a 36C. My ribcage measures 30 inches and my bust measures 36.5 inches. Clearly NOT a 36 band unless I wear the band across my boobs instead of under them, lol!!!
  • becnaffine
    Options
    I've gone from a DD to a B. I loved my DD breastfeeding boobs but alas we had to part ways. If I could chose I would have bigger boobs but hey, you get what you're given. No way I could cut myself up for bigger boobs! I have another 3kg to goal weight so I'm REALLY hoping they don't go down to an A cup :(
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I was a 40 D to start and now my 34 D are seriously lacking in the upper cup part. I always said i wanted small boobs so i didnt have to wear a bra but now they arent in the right spot any more to do that lol. New boobs are on my bucket list lol
  • have lost 22lb & have only lost 2" round my ribs, 37" to 35". I seem to have had 2" attach itself to my actual boobs though. >.<
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I went from a 36 DD (when I was pregnant) to a 32 A. My hubby was not very happy with that loss.
    Dillard's department store usually does really good with measuring and fitting for bras.
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well. I was 36C, and now im a 34DD but I know it wont last long. At some point I will be a 34C. I will greatly miss them. It is likely to be a very hard journey. I know I was upset when I hit 36C, so I know that when im down to 34C I will be extra upset.

If I keep losing weight I will eventually be flat as a pancake. This is one of the things that makes me unsure if I want to get all the way down to 130, because I cannot remember my bra size at that weight.
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    How come almost no shops go any larger in band than a 38?

I think that's a size 14 UK, right? So shops that sell 16/18 in their normal ranges, those measurements are around 40-42 in the chest, yet they never have those in bras. Most even go up to 20 and above that with plus size ranges, yet have no plus size bras. What are all these women wearing I wonder? Are they buying a size 20 dress and squeezing into a size 14 bra?? I don't get it. :huh:
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options

This is true depending on how and where from you lost the weight. If you lost weight around the ribcage but not across the bust, then the band goes down and the cup goes up because the cup size in a 32C is NOT the same cup size as a 34C. A lot of women don't realize this. However, when losing weight, it might come off the ribcage OR the bust, OR both, depending on the person. You just have to know how to measure!

And never ever EVER get measured at Victoria's Secret! Those jokers want me to wear a 36C. My ribcage measures 30 inches and my bust measures 36.5 inches. Clearly NOT a 36 band unless I wear the band across my boobs instead of under them, lol!!!

agrees with this ^^^^
    however it is impossible to get most women to understand that because they went from a 40DD to a 32DDD that their boobs did NOT get larger.

that said, looking at your previous post and your measurements, you should not wear a 34E in any brand, and probably should try a 30FF at some point.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options

I think that's a size 14 UK, right? So shops that sell 16/18 in their normal ranges, those measurements are around 40-42 in the chest, yet they never have those in bras. Most even go up to 20 and above that with plus size ranges, yet have no plus size bras. What are all these women wearing I wonder? Are they buying a size 20 dress and squeezing into a size 14 bra?? I don't get it. :huh:

what???
    no...
    just no

1- bandsize does not necessarily have any relation to dress size.
    2- usually someone who is properly wearing a 38 band would wear a US 14-16-18 which is a UK 18-20-22 not a 14, ever. A Uk 14 is a US 10 (or Medium) and anyone who wears a size 10 and is wearing a 38 Band is wearing the wrong size
    3-bust measurement is over the boobs, and this is what you need to buy a dress
    4- bra band measurements are taken below the boobs, and often has little correlation to what size clothing you need, unless you have tiny boobs and a huge ribcage.
    5- plus size bras are EASY to find in the US. many brands and stores stock up to a 46-48. what is HARD to find is SMALL bands with big cups, such as a 32J for example.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Admittedly, I haven't lost a big percentage of the total weight I need to lose yet (my ticker shows the interim goal, final goal will be somewhere around 80-100 lbs), but I've lost two band sizes and had to buy a bigger cup size (I assume because the breasts didn't shrink along with the ribcage). If I lose one more band size, I will be the same band size as I was at my very thinnest (apparently the ribcage is where I lose weight first). Before I gained weight (and had children), I was a C cup. I'd like to be a B or C cup again.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

If you get on facebook check out Fuller Figure Fuller Bust. She's based in the UK and might be able to direct you to a shop with a better range. She has lots of blog posts about bra fitting and bra reviews. Also check online. If you find a brand that has a band/cup size that works for you and that brand is carried in stores they SHOULD be able to order the size you need even if they don't generally carry it.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    38C to a 34D. About 75 pounds lost.