Snack Ideas

Options
13»

Replies

• strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Graham crackers, cherries, and a cup of milk.. something about that combo is great
    Fruit and Yogurt special k
    Bare Naked Double Chocolate cookies (120 calories for a pretty big cookie. made with all whole grains, cocoa, and cane juice. Dr. Oz recommended them)
    No pudge fudge - AMAZING - like 150 calories for a huge brownie. It is basically just cocoa and yogurt but tastes better than regular brownies, imo. I had to stop making these though, because I would eat like 10 in one sitting.

You could also make your own popsicles with your favorite fruits and fruit juice.

Or make your own muffins with whole wheat flour or ground up oatmeal and honey/agave nectar
  • nadia_guidi
    Options
    I crush a mixture of nuts and seeds into my yoghurt, it's really tasty...you obviously need to be careful how much you add though. Happy snacking x
  • wwest21
    wwest21 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Fruit Dip
    5.3 oz container of Greek yogurt
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp honey

Mix all together and eat with fruit (apples, grapes, banana are all good).

One serving is usually about half. Its delish!
  • anewme1202
    anewme1202 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Black Sapote is a fruit also known as "Chocolate Pudding fruit" because it tastes EXACTLY like chocolate pudding!!!

Also, slice bananas....pop them in the freezer for about 30-45 mins....and munch away. It's better than ice cream!!!

Semi frozen orange slices are another one of my favorites.

Thanks so much. Love the idea of freezing the fruit, I always forget about that.
    Dumb question, the Black Sapote?? Where do I find that, I don't think I've ever seen it in my grocery store (or maybe I just walked by it! lol)

Well I have only had it a couple of times from a friend who specially ordered it from Dade County, FL. I believe it's originally from Australia...and I just looked at prices for ordering (when it's IN season) and HOLY COW. It's ridiculously expensive. A 10 lb box is $95. Not including shipping. So unless you have a differing financial situation from mine LOL, I'd stick with the frozen fruits!

But hey! If you can afford it...maybe it could be a once in a blue moon type treat! I bet they freeze and keep well.

Holy crap!! Looks like it's the frozen fruit for me ... that's good to know about the Black Sapote - you know, just in case I suddenly can afford to splurge :smile: