Hardest vice to give up/restrict

Options
What is the hardest thing in your diet to give up or restrict?

Mine was Dr. Pepper. I drank between 2-5 cans a day! A
Also guilty of sweet tea (very sweet) and would drink a gallon a day by myself.
I didn't have a hard time with sweets as I didn't eat them much to begin with.
I was more of salty snacker.

Replies

• beckty
    beckty Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    There isn't anything I've given up really. But I DO find it difficult to restrain myself when there is an open bag of my favorite salty crunchy snack of some kind. I really do try to make a better choice (baked lays or something-or triscuits) and I really do try to grab one portion out of the package and put it away. But....some times I fail (ate half a bag of kettle cooked salt and vinegar chips this weekend in one sitting, for example. Soooo bad. But it's making my mouth water to think of it)
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    beer
  • debralekicsummers
    debralekicsummers Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    chocolate
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    secounds:blushing:
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    cookies and ice cream.

still struggling.
  • kznovo
    kznovo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wine. red and white, i don't discriminate.
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've tried not to give up much, anything I want/crave I look up healthier versions online. :drinker:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    WHISKEY!
    WINE!
    CHEESE!
    VODKA,,,
    GIN,,, the magic panty remover......
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Smoking and Hookers...

I didn't give up any food.
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Diet soda! I can give up anything else, but cannot get rid of the diet soda!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Sweets
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I try not to give up much. But I've learned that I just can't keep certain things in the house. And I avoid sweet tea like the plague because I absolutely love it.
  • angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    All Sweets and Macaroni & Cheese
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Diet Rockstars.. and peanut butter

At one point I was drinking 3-4 a day.. sometimes still lol.. and I did even quit them cold turkey cpl years back... but I just LOVE them... It's like sunshine in a can :love:

AND peanut butter... well uhhh who doesn't love peanut butter.. :heart:
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Doritoes. I'm training for a half-marathon and literally they are not allowed in the house lol.

Still love my gin and tonics though! Most other things I can run off but not Doritoes..
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    ICE CREAM!!!!

I have an issue with how my body processes sugar so, with having to watch that, my ICE CREAM is totally affected. Luckily, I like SF Ice Cream but, I still have to watch it!!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Cheese, by far!
  • zdreamer
    zdreamer Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am currently restricting carbs for a couple of weeks just to end cravings etc. (so I miss everything) :) After that, I plan to be realistic and if there is something that I am absolutely wanting/craving etc. I think having small portion of it works better for me, psychologically, than to keep saying "no".
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    nuts, my trigger food. I cant quit eating them until I eat the whole can. If I get the little package 100 count nuts I am ok. Also, pizza buffets I cant handle. I get a pizza, bring it home, eat 2 pieces and freeze the rest.
  • RooBug88
    RooBug88 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sweets in general... I was a major emotional eater and virtually all my emotions "demanded" that I eat sugary junk in bulk. I still enjoy some sweets every day now, but for the first week or two, I went sort of cold turkey and didnt eat any. I have since added them back, but with modifications (sugar-free versions of my usual favorites, serious portion control, subbing all natural fruits and things that are naturally sweet without added sugar). I don't feel deprived, and I'm seeing regular results, so I suppose I can still keep my "sweets habit" until I am ready to give it up completely.