Replies

• Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Smoking, Diet Dew, and sweets
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    French bread and Cheese. For special occasions this was a go to meal. A nice loaf of fresh french bread and a variety of cheeses (brie, sharp Irish cheddar, gouda, all the good ones) with some olives and grapes and life is good. :love:
    Cutting them back has been really hard.

That and rum, cutting back on rum has been the hardest. :drinker:
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Mac and cheese, french fries, chocolate, alcohol, and starbucks.

I haven't really given any of them up, but I only allow myself very small amounts of those and I track them on here too. It's hard, but it's worth it. I have lost over 20 pounds and 3 dress sizes, so I'd say I can go without mac and cheese if it's gonna pay off that well.
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    wine...
  • PDiddy0913
    Options
    Diet soda. I have given it up but I come crawling back! :sad:

I figure I don't drink coffee, tea, or ANY alcohol. JUST WATER and SODA! Don't just me! :grumble:
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I have no vices. This is just for me and I'm certainly not pushing this on anyone else, but I don't consider pizza, hamburgers, milk shakes, and beer vices. I consider them things I have to consume in moderation.

+1

Same for me.
  • Andrew_peter
    Andrew_peter Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Carbs!! Now I haven't cut them out or anything, but restricting myself to higher protien foods instead of just scarfing down loads of rice, pasta, chips, etc has been the biggest struggle for me.
  • JT_Taylor_99
    Options
    Coke and sweet tea...I was able to restrict them before and I didn't even miss them but the last few months I have been drinking both again and slacking on my workouts and it is showing :grumble:
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    The only thing I completely eliminated from my diet was pop. I never liked the taste diet so I cut it out cold turkey! I don't even desire it. I try to do other things in moderation. However, I have a HUGE sweet tooth! This week Apple Pie has been my enemy. It won 3 days this week.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Smoking. It was easier to get sober than to stop smoking. I am thankful for the Ecig.

I can eat most foods in moderation but the ones I am not capable of and have to abstain from are Nutella and the Cashew and Pumpkin mix from Costco, it is crack in a bag.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a whole lot of chocolate and sweets like cookies and such (mostly at night :embarassed: .) I still do eat those things but just not to exess anymore. It was hard to cut back but getting easier all the time.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've really restricted is buying food at restaurants/fast food EVERY DAY for EVERY MEAL! Seriously. I used to eat Subway (footlongs with fruitopia and chips/cookies) or Donairs (super size with LOTS of sweet sauce and pop) every day for lunch, and usually boston pizza pizza (sometimes pasta, sometimes both) or Cianti alfredo pasta (2 orders!!) everyday for supper. I also rarely have iced tea (the sugary fake kind) anymore where as I used to have 4+ glasses of it every day. I don't even crave it at all anymore.
    I still go out to eat with friends and such but I bring my lunch 99% of the time to work, and I make my own supper 75% of the time.
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have no vices. This is just for me and I'm certainly not pushing this on anyone else, but I don't consider pizza, hamburgers, milk shakes, and beer vices. I consider them things I have to consume in moderation.

THIS!!!!! +1 Million
  • mama314
    mama314 Posts: 5
    Options
    COKE! I'm dying, here
  • John_Gonna_Do_Better
    Options
    Papa johns Pizza! I can eat a whole pie in one sitting. I lost over 60 lbs. But when they came into my life I gained it all right back and more.
  • Ericsmom1991
    Options
    smoking was the hardest but
    i'm 2 years quit now and carbs i eat a very low carb diet not a big soda drinker used to be years ago. I miss pizza and ice cream the most.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I've learned that restriction leads to resentment. I prefer moderation. There are certainly things I limit and will only allow myself single portion packages or measured out. There are things I'd prefer not to have unlimited access to, or to be stocked at home. For the most part healthier choices provide better fuel & fullness therefore leave me feeling happier. I do indulge sometimes and not "restricting" foods helps resolve the issue of guilt. This is a life long commitment for me and I won't give up brownies, pizza or Mac'n'cheese for the rest of my life so what's the point of restricting it for a month or a year, etc. I think it's working for me so far! ????
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    diet dr pepper - i still give in once and a while and CHIPS!!! omg, i have not met a chip i didnt like... EVER

EVER

EVER

lots of other things i can resist, but not chips ...
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    That being said: ^^^ I don't smoke, do drugs, drink (with the very rarest of exceptions) or drink soda/caffeine... So maybe I've never had to worry about the hardest things to quit, lol.
  • mrsbrightside78
    Options
    martin's potato bread. addicted!!!