Insanity spam

Options
1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
Has anyone else commented on an insanity post and then began getting beach body reps hounding them to buy via private messages? This is really annoying.

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. They talk about how they use beach body and shakeology, and what incredible results they get. Tells you a lot about a product or company when they use deciet to hawk their wares.
    Options
    They like to try and make you feel like crap if you don't want what they are selling too. That insanity workout is costly. They make it seem like it is the only work out in the world that could be beneficial. I have heard it is very hard on the knees. I watched a few of the work outs on you tube and realized that if even the people in the video were having trouble doing this work out then something must be wrong. I certainly don't think that ruining my body in the name of fitness is a good idea.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    They like to try and make you feel like crap if you don't want what they are selling too. That insanity workout is costly. They make it seem like it is the only work out in the world that could be beneficial. I have heard it is very hard on the knees. I watched a few of the work outs on you tube and realized that if even the people in the video were having trouble doing this work out then something must be wrong. I certainly don't think that ruining my body in the name of fitness is a good idea.

You do them at your own pace and work yourself up to it.
    Options

I know that. That goes for any workout. I believe you miss my point.
  • NutellaAddict
    Options

Nope I see your point loud and clear. I see it as an excuse. ...and no I don't work for them LOL Good day!
    Options

Nope I see your point loud and clear. I see it as an excuse. ...and no I don't work for them LOL Good day!
    So because I do a workout other than insanity I am making excuses? Wow. You are ridiculous.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    oh well... i dont drink shakeology... but im doing insanity and it works! so.... :huh: Im happy with it
    Options
    oh well... i don't drink shakeology... but I'm doing insanity and it works! so.... :huh: I'm happy with it

You miss the point as well. This is not a matter of whether it works, but a matter of the insanity and shakeology spammers here.
  • NutellaAddict
    Options

So because I do a workout other than insanity I am making excuses? Wow. You are ridiculous.

Sigh you are missing my point. Good day Ms. Knox.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I don't think anybody has missed your point. Yeah, the spammers are a damn pain in the *kitten*, but it doesn't discredit the whole program. As for the people in the video that have to break.....that doesn't tell me that it's too hard on your body, it just tells me it's hard. If it was easy, everybody would be a size 6. But, what do I know? I just finished a round of it. It was hard, but most definitely not impossible. I did nothing other than insanity and count calories and lost 22 pounds in 2 months.

So, basically, if you don't want to do insanity, then don't do it. Pick another program. No harm, no foul!
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    ^^ yup!! i have your point! I think you will find any kind of people and opinions here! but Im not ruining my body with this program !!
    Options

Sigh you are missing my point. Good day Ms. Knox.
    Oh no, I get your point. YOU are accusing me of making excuses because I don't want to do this PARTICULAR workout. That's just sad.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    I get what you are sayin. The spam is stupid. That was the point.

Obviously the program works, like most any of them. People immediately jump to defend the ones they like.

Cheers.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Here is the one I got just this week...one of many "people" interesetd in my workouts.
    I have been using Beach body workout and drinking shakeolgy. right now i am doing hip hop abs . going to start insanity here soon . and i walk some too . and watch what i eat . I also have turbo jam . and i also use walking off the pounds and that one is not beach body . i love the shakes thought .
    Options
    I see the self righteous are out in full force today. I watched this workout on you tube. I know that with my bad knee I would not be able to do this with out making it worse. I often wonder how the snobs here really treat people face to face. Certainly you all really don't go out into the world looking down your long noses at others for not allowing you to decide what they do. PFFFFT... It never ends in cyberspace.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I get what you are sayin. The spam is stupid. That was the point.

Obviously the program works, like most any of them. People immediately jump to defend the ones they like.

Cheers.

I don't think the key is to use any particular program. I think the key is finding a program that you enjoy and works well for you. It really is such a simple thing....move more, eat less.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I get messages from people trying to get me to do beachbody and posting their spam ads on my blog. I tried to address it but my request fell on deaf ears.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Why does struggling with a workout mean there is something "wrong". My daughter does Insanity. She says she can't finish it yet and both loves and hates that . Loves the results, hates that it's hard.

She thinks me (her old mom) should try it so it can't be that bad.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    They're just trying to make money and they do that by being exactly what they are, salesmen.

So they're going to promise the world and tell you so many things, which, I mean they cant go wrong, anyone who sticks to any program is going to lose the weight.
    Options
    Here is the one I got just this week...one of many "people" interesetd in my workouts.
    I have been using Beach body workout and drinking shakeolgy. right now i am doing hip hop abs . going to start insanity here soon . and i walk some too . and watch what i eat . I also have turbo jam . and i also use walking off the pounds and that one is not beach body . i love the shakes thought .

Here is an exchange from today:

"I saw thta you were interested in Insanity. The only place you can get a legit copy is Beachbody. I am a rep for them so if you need more info, let me know :-) "

"Oh, sorry. I'm not really gonna be able to afford that. They need to do something about that price tag. Thanks anyway. "

"Ok then, obviously, you are not ready. I am here if you ever decide that you are :-)
    Just ask yourself this....do you spend money on ANYTHING you don't really NEED?? Most people do, even when they are broke. I know I am guilty.
    If those items are more of a priority than your health, you may want to rethink your priorities, just saying."

Really........:noway: