Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Opinions Needed: Cardio vs Weights

2»

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    IMO, it shouldn't be cardio vs weights, it should be cardio + weights.

Another for this. Cardio has its benefits, but I'll agree that body recomp isn't one of them.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    It really depends on what your ultimate goals are and what you want to look like ultimately and in the future. I would also suggest you consider long term

A calorie deficit from nutrition and cardio will result in weight loss and improved heart health. What it won't provide you with is increased lean tissue, giving you an improved body composition (fat to muscle ratio) or be beneficial in your long term success of keeping your weight down and metobolic rate up.

If your ultimate goal is to reduce overall body fat now and always, improve body composition, look great clothed or naked, not end up hunched over in your 70's, be abe to keep the weight off... Then I would strongly suggest you start weight training immediately. If you don't mind temporary results, continuously having to increase the amount of cardio you need to do to get any results despite your lowered caloric intake, struggling with a hanging, sagging look as you age then forego the weight training and stick with cardio only.

It really depends on what your ultimate goals are!