LADIES makeup and active lifestyle

Options
2»

Replies

• luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I really like Josie Maran products, especially the 100% argan oil. I feel like it's made my skin more "glowy".
    I've also just purchased the new bare Minerals compact. It evens out the skin tone very nicely, and doesn't have as many bad ingredients as regular supermarket brands.
    Sephora is running a 15% promotion for beauty insiders right now. Would be a great time to try it!

Finally, my main advice is to wash your face only once a day, before bed. Doing it twice strips your skin. Also use a very gentle skin cleanser. I use Caudalie.
  • zaftiggirl
    zaftiggirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If it's an early morning workout, I just don't wear makeup - I put it on afterwards at the gym. Otherwise, I just work out at lunch with this makeup on and, with regular cleansing/toning/moisturizing in the morning and evening, this has been just fine for me: I use a mattifying moisturizer, with tinted BB cream over that (BB stands for beauty balm; it's like the equivalent of a tinted nourishing lip balm for your face) and do a light dusting of CoverGirl loose mineral powder.. That does a pretty good job of evening skin tone, but not covering blemishes so honestly I just live with those and avoid irritating them. Then cream eyeliner pencil and mascara - done. I take off the makeup within a couple of hours of getting home from work. And if I can avoid wearing face makeup at all, I do!

I use a really gentle gel that has a little salicylic acid in it twice a week right before bed and that really helps to minimize breakouts from all the oil, sweat, and dead skin. I used to get really oily in my t-zone but this has helped a lot.

Now hair... that's a tough one. Dry shampoo is this girl's best friend.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I second, third or fourth the face wipes. We get them at Costco, they are way cheaper that way. We keep a pack in the truck to wipe off after a hike or a bike ride if we drove to it as well.

I used to get the Kirkland brand but we tried the neutrogena after we got a coupon for it and they are way better as they do not dry the face like the costco ones do. I have bad dry skin so if I had oily, I think the kirkland brand would be fine.
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Take off your make up when you can, and don't be afraid to go without.

I would only wear make up to the internship, and find places where I don't care if I go without or can wear minimum make up. I'd wipe off make up after the internship, and if you want to put some back on before the late studio nights then maybe switch to just mascara, and eyebrows or whatever your "minimum" is. Maybe try doing just a bit of concealer and blend it out if you really feel like you have to have it on. Or, just wipe off all your face make up, pat your face dry, and then reapply it later on.