Wow, Girl...U R looking BIGGER than last time I saw you!

Options

Replies

• MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It's just tough love. I wish someone was completely honest with me when I kept gaining weight over the years....
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude. Instead of coming to the boards and being upset and binging like most people do, you took that hurt and made it work for you.

I am not sure why any friend would say that to you, but I'm glad it didn't ruin your motivation. Maybe the next time you see her your chin will be smaller than her's and she won't have a thing to say.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    "A "wound" from a friend is better than kisses from an enemy..."

^
    <3 this!!!
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that is most awesome!
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Real friends stab you in the chest, not in the back but OUCH it still hurts! Good for you for having the right attitude!
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    And THAT is why you haven't seen her in two years. If that's what she chooses to say after not seeing you for two years she isn't really your friend.
  • bluellies
    bluellies Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    How awesome that you used her comment for motivation! I think when people say things like that and you really WANT to lose the weight it can be helpful-reinforce your commitment ('cause we all know how easy it is to say that we're alright, we look OK, it's not as bad as the scale says) and motivate you toward your goal. I think it was a bit much from an old friend, but I don't think it would be out of line for a close friend or family member that is trying to let you know that enough is enough.
  • RedDove24
    RedDove24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love your positive attitude! Keep up the great work!
  • MimiLovesHorror
    MimiLovesHorror Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Some people genuinely lack a sense of tact and some just can`t notice the difference (at first)! Make sure to bump into her again after a few more pounds and have a laugh!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It's just tough love. I wish someone was completely honest with me when I kept gaining weight over the years....

I agree completely. If someone had said that to me, it would have hurt for sure but it would have been the truth. I gained weight steadily for years until I was 250 pound and 50% body fat. No one said anything. People are so vocal about my weight loss and so quick to say I'm too thin, etc. How about expressing concerns for my health or what kind of example I was setting for my kids, etc when I weighed 250 pounds?

I think you handled it with grace and I'm so glad you turned the experience into motivation. You seem strong and lovely and I'm proud of you!! I guess I'm seeing the other side of this since I get critical comments about my size NOW as opposed to when I needed it.
  • Lmdesisto
    Options
    Good for you for turning something negative into a positive. That comment could have put someone right into an eating binge instead you went into a walking binge. Good for you!!!
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    That's truly an amazing attitude. You will do well!
    As hard as that would have been to hear, I kind of wish somebody had said something like that to me. It might have got me moving a lot earlier than I did to start getting back in shape.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Good for you for turning something negative into a positive. That comment could have put someone right into an eating binge instead you went into a walking binge. Good for you!!!

Thank you so much! :laugh: :laugh: walking binge. :laugh: :laugh: I kinda like that! Today, on the treadmill, I've been doing some ogging and unning. I say that, because it's my "attempt" at jogging and running is truly, ummm...let's say awkward and hard as the :devil:
  • lfowler100
    Options
    Love it! Thanks for being so positive! What an encouragement. I lost 44 lbs from 2011 and gained it all back in 2012. I know people are "thinking' about me what your friend was saying about you. But we can do this, and people's/friends words/thoughts will be our fuel! Thanks so much!!:smile:
  • caitlinm924
    caitlinm924 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your positive outlook and perspective is wonderful! Next time you bump into her -- she will only have good things to say, and maybe you can point out what area on her has gotten bigger ;)
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yep, that what a old friend of mine said to me when I went for my 2+ mile walk around the lake this evening...I haven't seen her in a couple of years...she said, girl your chin area is looking much bigger than the last time I saw you!
    :noway: :indifferent: :embarassed: :noway:

You know what I told her?

I told her, yep...my chin, my gut and my butt, that's why I getting ready to hit the trail. Then I hugged her and say so long and hit the trail. I did 35 push-ups, 20 sit-ups (these are records for me) and if it wasn't getting dark, I'd have walked around that bad boy twice. All this to say, this is GOOD NEWS to me...not bad news, know why? Because I used her TRUTH about me to fuel my energy and I walked around that lake like it was FIRE behind me. I just wrote today on someone's thread:

A "wound" from a friend is better than kisses from an enemy and it is! So, I'm going to keep my old friends words in my heart and kick the !@#$%^&amp; out of this flab of mine and make it CRY more and more until it's gone! That's an NSV for sure!

Ugh i always hate when that happens...just when i think im doing good a picture, person, piece of clothing, etc. reminds me that i am not there yet...my mother in law actually asked me if i needed the number to her "diet" doctor...(this was a while ago) yeah it was a very insulting moment..it was after i had my first kid (got two now) yep i still use that to this day to keep me going...its been a long journey...but im gunna keep pushing...i just wanna prove to her that i can lose this weight and ill be looking better than her when im done!! Like you i use it to fuel me!..it hurts but nothing like finding out how other people see you to push you!
  • eag264
    eag264 Posts: 116
    Options
    There are some friends who tell you the honest truth from a loving (I'm worried about you) perspective. Then there are others who say things out of malice, to make themselves feel better.

Whatever it was, it was still quite rude that this is the first thing she had to say to you after years of not seeing each other. I'm glad this fueled your motivation even more. It shows that you are at a good place with yourself. Don't ever let anyone knock you down or allow yourself to feel any less from someone else's words.

You keep doing what you're doing and I wish you the best of luck.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    what a b*****
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Very rude but you are right....honesty goes a long way. When I was at my heaviest, 250lbs, my best friend would always say "but Tracy, you don't look like you weigh that much". Really? How can I not? Then the famous...."well you are so tall, I would never guess you weighed that much". Not good words to hear from your buck 25 skinny, perfect, beautiful best friend. How can I possibly not look like I need to lose weight? When I have heavier people talk to me about losing now, I tell them they can do it...it is hard, but it can be done.

So glad you are using her words to inspire and motivate you! Get it gir!
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Real friends tell you the truth.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!