Wow, Girl...U R looking BIGGER than last time I saw you!

Options

Replies

• RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational thread. Seriously - I love your attitude so much. I can learn a lot from you.
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! You can't control what other people say and do; you can only control your reaction.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Great go for it, no wait.. just do it, no wait... "Do or do not , there is no try" * Yeah that 's it! :laugh:

See you much slimmer than last time soon! :wink: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

*Ty Yoda... :laugh:
  • Angela_BB40
    Angela_BB40 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I bet you are looking better than you had been. Funny she just acknowledged that your "chin" was looking bigger. Wow, perhaps she noticed that there was a change in your body and she didn't want to acknowledge that. A pure hater move. You handled it with grace. Love what you said about a "wound from a friend..."

Keep up the good work!
  • IowaPrincess
    IowaPrincess Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Amen!!!
    I know it was totally out of line for her, but honestly I WISH someone had said a while back "Wow, Crystal you are getting fat."
    I promise I would have put the fork down and quit eating my emotions :)

You did an awesome job and this is sooo true!
    You can turn anything into positive energy!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Great go for it, no wait.. just do it, no wait... "Do or do not , there is no try" * Yeah that 's it! :laugh:

See you much slimmer than last time soon! :wink: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

*Ty Yoda... :laugh:

:wink:

Love that "do or do not...there is no try" My motto is similar...I say:

"to try is to lie...get it DONE!"
  • dessyjo
    dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    If a friend said that to me I would have burned my daily calories kicking her *kitten*. Then again you must be a much better person than me. Congrats!
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yep, that what a old friend of mine said to me when I went for my 2+ mile walk around the lake this evening...I haven't seen her in a couple of years...she said, girl your chin area is looking much bigger than the last time I saw you!
    :noway: :indifferent: :embarassed: :noway:

You know what I told her?

I told her, yep...my chin, my gut and my butt, that's why I getting ready to hit the trail. Then I hugged her and say so long and hit the trail. I did 35 push-ups, 20 sit-ups (these are records for me) and if it wasn't getting dark, I'd have walked around that bad boy twice. All this to say, this is GOOD NEWS to me...not bad news, know why? Because I used her TRUTH about me to fuel my energy and I walked around that lake like it was FIRE behind me. I just wrote today on someone's thread:

A "wound" from a friend is better than kisses from an enemy and it is! So, I'm going to keep my old friends words in my heart and kick the !@#$%^& out of this flab of mine and make it CRY more and more until it's gone! That's an NSV for sure!

:flowerforyou: I love that quote!!!! I love your determination and ability to negativity around and use it like that!!!
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've had a distant cousin say the same thing to me. But then she also said I looked great when I lost the weight. I think hearing things about not being able to lose the weight or doubt from friends and family is what fires me up. Told a family member about how I wanted a similar physique to that of Lesnar. He looked at me with pure doubt and said you gotta lot of work to do. That kept me fired up. I'll say to him about a year from now "looks like I got that work done, doesn't it?" Doubt or negativity from others fuels me as much as positivity.
  • hah_87
    hah_87 Posts: 5
    Options
    Good for u!!!!! So inspiring
  • aperradise
    aperradise Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    good for you for turning it into something you can use to your benefit!! But I'm sorry, what your so-called "friend" said is completely rude and I would have told her so right then and there. I can't imagine saying that to anyone, truth or not.
    Keep up the good work!!
  • Wanting2BSkinny
    Options
    You know without even knowing you, you sound like an awesome person. Regardless of size, you're the kind of friend anyone would love to have. Fantastic attitude...wish I had just a fraction of that. With your attitude, you're already a success!
  • Sugalicious79
    Options
    Totally true! That woman has some balls! Who says that to someone? So rude!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Real friends tell you the truth.

Deep...LOVE that and agree 100%--I know I as a friend do, for sure. What I do before lowering the "bomb" of truth to my friends and family is first share with them the positive and outstanding things about them. Also, when lowering the boom--no holds barred business of "truth" to/with them I ALWAYS let them know I am either guilty of the exact same thing I'm telling them about (ya know...the ole "it takes one to know one" mind-set and experience from life )or at the very least I could be--so that they know they are not alone...but I'm weird that way :wink:
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Yep, that what a old friend of mine said to me when I went for my 2+ mile walk around the lake this evening...I haven't seen her in a couple of years...she said, girl your chin area is looking much bigger than the last time I saw you!
    :noway: :indifferent: :embarassed: :noway:

You know what I told her?

I told her, yep...my chin, my gut and my butt, that's why I getting ready to hit the trail. Then I hugged her and say so long and hit the trail. I did 35 push-ups, 20 sit-ups (these are records for me) and if it wasn't getting dark, I'd have walked around that bad boy twice. All this to say, this is GOOD NEWS to me...not bad news, know why? Because I used her TRUTH about me to fuel my energy and I walked around that lake like it was FIRE behind me. I just wrote today on someone's thread:

A "wound" from a friend is better than kisses from an enemy and it is! So, I'm going to keep my old friends words in my heart and kick the !@#$%^& out of this flab of mine and make it CRY more and more until it's gone! That's an NSV for sure!

What a *****!!!! Show her what your made off!
  • Blythingc
    Blythingc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Haters , are common place especially when you start showing progress their attitude changes .... use their hate as a motivator !!! The best way to have your day in the sun is excel in your commitment , consistency always beats mere talent !
  • steelerlicious4me
    steelerlicious4me Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Some people open their mouths before engaging the brain. Some friends just love to criticize...good for you for having such a great outlook. That attitude definitely will make u succeed in life. After reading your post, it has inspired many of us to this way of thinking. Thanks for sharing this...
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    hahahahahah :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :love: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I did NOT tell my hubby anything at all about me running into this woman earlier this week, NOR what she said to me AT ALL (I was too ashamed to quite frankly)...and he just told me a few minutes ago that I'm looking really good and I am definitely losing weight...he specifically said---"looks like you're chin area is getting smaller" :noway: :love: :noway: EXACTLY the same words my old friend said to me...EXACTLY[/b] but EXACTLY the OPPOSITE of what she said.

I asked him with wide eyed embarresment and utter shock&suprise... "DID I TELL YOU WHAT Kim said to me this week when I ran into her this week"? He said "NO, you didn't even tell me you saw Kim--when did you run into her and what did she say"? I said "nevermind" it's not important and asked him if he REALLY thought my chin area is getting smaller, and he said "NO DOUBT ABOUT IT--You're looking really good and I'm proud of you"!

Talk about ya making my day---and weirding me out at the exact same time....WOW!

Ya know, it just goes to show me, that I don't have to get all sad, mad and feel bad or moved in any way about stuff folk say about me at all (good or bad)--God and my family and friends got my back--big time--AND when I LEAST expect it too!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Great attitude! You can't control what other people say and do; you can only control your reaction.

That's correct! My only sorrow is that it took me far too many years to finally "get-it" to learn this simple but life changing lesson...I've got it now and it's a wonderful and powerful feeling and way to think and live.
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    VictoriaFitness2010 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm talking about! Good for you!!! You turned a potentially negative comment into fuel - the fuel you needed to bust through your workout and "get it done". Keep it going! You can do this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!