Ladies that lift - Stats please

Options
2»

Replies

• MistressAella
    MistressAella Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! you are off to a great start. would you recommend NROLFW? I have heard a lot of good things about it.

NROLFW is an amazing book. Highly recommend! Keep on kickin' *ss and takin' names!
  • wheysted999
    Options
    Here are my maxes..

Bench: 40kg

Squat: 65kg

Deadlift: 75kg

Chin-ups: BW x 4
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Not sure what my absolute max is, but I've been doing Stronglifts for about a month and a half. These are the amounts I completed in my last two workouts:

Squat: 125 lbs (5x5)
    Bench: 85 (5x5)
    Rows: 100 (5x5)
    OHP: 75 (5x5)
    Deadlift: 165 (1x5)

I have done some sort of weight training off and on for the last 20 years, so I wouldn't say I was new to lifting when I started Stronglifts. This is the first time I've done any kind of program with low reps/high weight. Most of what I've done in the past (with pretty good results as well) was in the 3x10 range.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Current max weights:

Bench: 40kgx5
    Squat: 50kgx5
    OHP: 30kgx5
    Deadlift: 40kgx5
    Row: 30kgx5

Machine Weights:

Leg press: 140kgx16 (full stack)
    Chest press: 60kgx12 (working weight was above my previous 1RM test)
    Shoulder press: 52.5kgx1

Bodyweight strength:

Push-ups: 12x4
    Kneeling clap/plyo push-ups: 20x4
    Pull-ups: 2x3 with resistance band
    Inverted Row: 4x3
    Plank: 2min 34sec

Still a LONG way to go but doing SL and hope to build up quickly. I'm not doing machine weights any more so those tests are out of date.
  • jessicarthibodeau
    jessicarthibodeau Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What is NROLFW?
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    I've been lifting for a little over two years. I absolutely love being strong!!!

These are the maxes that I know of...
    Bench 235lb
    Squat 235lbs
    Dumbell row 90lbs
    Lat pull downs 175lbs

Forgive me, but I find this hard to believe. If you are benching and squatting 235, you are in the elite class of female weight lifters according to exrx.net, and you should be competing.

Just for perspective, fewer than 1% of weight lifters ever reach the elite level, including men.

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/BenchStandards.html
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for a little over two years. I absolutely love being strong!!!

Bench 235lb
    Squat 235lbs
    Dumbell row 90lbs
    Lat pull downs 175lbs

you can bench as much as you squat? holy shizz

Haha, yep! I was pretty shocked myself! Haven't done any squat maxes lately (that max is about 6 months old) so it may have gone up.
  • andreae13
    Options

Bench 235lb
    Squat 235lbs
    Dumbell row 90lbs
    Lat pull downs 175lbs

Forgive me, but I find this hard to believe. If you are benching and squatting 235, you are in the elite class of female weight lifters according to exrx.net, and you should be competing.

Just for perspective, fewer than 1% of weight lifters ever reach the elite level, including men.

Well I have no reason to lie...I've been working my *kitten* off the last 2 + years with a trainer so I have a witness for each max I do. I can probably squat more now, but we don't do max days that often. This squat max is about 6 months old. I have been told by quite a few people that I should look into competing but I have so many other things on my plate it wouldn't be possible.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options

Bench 235lb
    Squat 235lbs
    Dumbell row 90lbs
    Lat pull downs 175lbs

Well I have no reason to lie...I've been working my *kitten* off the last 2 + years with a trainer so I have a witness for each max I do. I can probably squat more now, but we don't do max days that often. This squat max is about 6 months old. I have been told by quite a few people that I should look into competing but I have so many other things on my plate it wouldn't be possible.

Well this woman benches 225 and has been training for 20 years. So if you can beat her after just 2 years of training, not only should you be competing, you should be donating your genetics to science. :huh:

0.jpg
  • andreae13
    Options

Bench 235lb
    Squat 235lbs
    Dumbell row 90lbs
    Lat pull downs 175lbs

Well this woman benches 225 and has been training for 20 years. So if you can beat her after just 2 years of training, not only should you be competing, you should be donating your genetics to science. :huh:

0.jpg

You're forgetting one very important factor...I still weigh 183lbs and the more you weigh, technically the more you should be able to lift, to a certain point. This is why the majority of power lifters are bigger. And this is also why I never want to get down to 130lbs. I want to find a nice medium between strength and health.
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Years and years into weightlifting (though not consistently.)

Bicep curl with bar: 15 reps - 40lbs - 3 sets

Deadlifts: 15 reps - 70 lbs - 3 sets

Lat pulldowns: 15 reps - 60 lbs - 3 sets

Leg Press (lying down): 15 reps - 140 lbs
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Loving the feedback! Great to see what everyone is lifting. Man oh man, there are some STRONG women.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Bench: 5x105
    Squat: 5x145
    Dead: 3x200
    Pendlay Row: 5x95
    OHP: 5x75
    Dumbbell biceps 8x30

Have you seeing a big change in your body lifting heavy with fewer reps? I'm new to lifting and am curious about shorter reps/heavier weight. And do you do cardio as well?

Fewer reps actually builds strengths and not size. I did 8-10 reps on everything and at ABOVE TDEE for 4 months and saw some really good changes in my body (but my muscles got bigger for sure). I gained 10lbs. I've been doing lower reps while basically eating maintenance for about a year and there has been very little visible change in my body since thing.

I do moderate cardio 2-3 times a week.

Fat loss, fat gain and muscle gain is really controlled primary by diet not cardio or lifting.
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options

Pullup (unassisted): 5 X 1.5 (progress!!!!!!!!!!!)

You are so awesome!!! I only had really 4 main fitness goals when I started this journey 1/1/11...Run all of Greenlake(2.8 mile loop around a lake in Seattle) with out stopping, do 1 full push up, bench 200lbs and do 1 full pull up. I have accomplished a ton of other goals in the past 2 years and have completed all of my original goals but 1....still can't do a stupid pull up grrrrrr. Getting really close though so I'm super jealous of your awesomeness!!

Thanks!!! :bigsmile: I'm rediculously proud of this accomplishment! My new goal is to do 5 in a row :-) How do you try for a pullup? Since you're pulling 175 on your lat pulldowns, I'll bet you could train for pullups relatively quickly. My lat pulldowns are at 130 (I sit relatively upright on them to try to mimic a pullup), I weight 157 lbs, and I can now do 1 full pullup and get 1/2 way up on my second attempt. Maybe there is no correlation between them, but it seems like there would be.

I was watching some guys doing pullups today and I noticed that none of them were extending their arms fully at the bottom. So now I'm wondering if I could do more than 1 (at a time) if I didn't extend my arms fully before trying to go for the next rep.

Actually, I'm extremely jealous of your lifts - your squats and bench in particular - wowza!! I'm stuck on my bench and it's really frustrating!!
  • andreae13
    Options

Pullup (unassisted): 5 X 1.5 (progress!!!!!!!!!!!)

You are so awesome!!! I only had really 4 main fitness goals when I started this journey 1/1/11...Run all of Greenlake(2.8 mile loop around a lake in Seattle) with out stopping, do 1 full push up, bench 200lbs and do 1 full pull up. I have accomplished a ton of other goals in the past 2 years and have completed all of my original goals but 1....still can't do a stupid pull up grrrrrr. Getting really close though so I'm super jealous of your awesomeness!!

Thanks!!! :bigsmile: I'm rediculously proud of this accomplishment! My new goal is to do 5 in a row :-) How do you try for a pullup? Since you're pulling 175 on your lat pulldowns, I'll bet you could train for pullups relatively quickly. My lat pulldowns are at 130 (I sit relatively upright on them to try to mimic a pullup), I weight 157 lbs, and I can now do 1 full pullup and get 1/2 way up on my second attempt. Maybe there is no correlation between them, but it seems like there would be.

I was watching some guys doing pullups today and I noticed that none of them were extending their arms fully at the bottom. So now I'm wondering if I could do more than 1 (at a time) if I didn't extend my arms fully before trying to go for the next rep.

Actually, I'm extremely jealous of your lifts - your squats and bench in particular - wowza!! I'm stuck on my bench and it's really frustrating!!

Since I don't have an assisted pull up machine at the training studio I go to I'm not able to work on them very much. About once a month I jump on the handles and give it a go. I'm aaaaaaalmost there but not quite. I think if I can lose another 15-20lbs I'll be able to do them. And ya, don't extend your arms all the way when you go down...that's what I was told :)