How long after you started did you lose weight?

Options
jdier
jdier Posts: 110 Member
I started 45 minute workouts 4 days/wk about 2 weeks ago. Should I see the scale dropping? I consistently eat 1200 cal/day and weigh 140 lbs.

Replies

• FuerImmerStark
    Options
    Since you are only working out 4 days a week, you should try working out a little bit longer, or maybe try to make time for even 20 minutes of something on the days that you don't work out..like a walk. That might help.
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I started seeing results after 10 days of exercise. It is common not to see the scale budge for a couple of weeks. Your body needs to adjust to the exercise demands. Your muscles, if they are soar, are holding water which will keep the scale from moving.

But, if you are only eatting 1200 calories and you are working out. You are slowing you metabolism down and telling your body to hold on to the little food you eat. 1200 calories is the bare minimum your body needs to run. If you add exercise and don't give yourself fuel your body will not function the right way. If you do lose weight most likely you will lose muscle mass because it is easier for the body to burn. Please, please eat your exercise calories, I promise it will work!!

Good luck, if you have any questions let me know.:flowerforyou:
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I didn't see any lbs lost until 6 weeks into this thing and inches have been even more stubborn!
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. Maybe re-evaluate what how much you are working out and what you are eating. Those pounds are stubborn, but don't give up.
  • savannah63
    savannah63 Posts: 15
    Options
    I actually started the MyAlli plan on 1/1/10 and it took me a couple weeks to start losing weight. I have only lost about 13-15 lbs but my exercise level is moderate ( I am 63 and have health issues) But anyway I have learned that you really have to do some serious research and planning with meals and exercise ...sometimes it is not so much about calories as it is FAT grams....this is why I like the ALLI pills, they absorb the fat ...and I HAVE to limit my FAT intake. Also I learned that it is best to only lose 1 1/2 to 2 lbs per week....it is better for your body and you have a better chance of keeping it off. OH...I just started using THIS site so I can track my food calories and fat grams easier! I envy you younger people who can do some serious workouts as frequently as 4xs per week or even more ...I feel "lucky" if I can get 30 minutes of walking and jogging done 3x's per week! I still have 30 lbs to lose and I am seriously beginning to think that I won't make my goal...I'm getting really bummed out on my slow progress of exercise/energy levels. Good luck to all of you!
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    it will take time, just be patient. make sure you eat your calories from your exercise allowance and drink plenty of water, and maybe increase your workouts, i.e do something everyday, my goals are for 60min of exercise everyday, whether it be walking, gym etc

good luck and stick with it
  • karuna000
    karuna000 Posts: 2
    Options
    It took a bit over two weeks to see a solid, consistent drop on the scale.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I didn't weight for 2 weeks so I don't know exactly when I first started losing weight but exactly 2 weeks later, I'd lost 12 lbs. You should be seeing a drop soon, don't give up! What's your diet like?
  • LOVESFITNESS
    Options
    i got results right away my first week i lost 6 pounds it just depends what you do for exercise, i usually do a 20 min run (burn 500), then i do strength training about an hour before i go to bed anywhere from 25-45 mins (burn 230-500). i try to stay as close to 1200 calories a day but if im hungry ill definatly eat cuz i dont want to be starving when i wake up.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I started seeing results after 7 days. But in the beginning I was only losing half a pound of week. Once I upped my workouts a started paying more attention to calories (about a month later), it started to come off faster.
  • jdier
    Options
    My diet is very healthy (almonds, low-carb wraps, lots of lettuce/salad, and ground turkey). I burn about 370 calories for 38 min. of running (I have to walk fast for a little bit b/c of my asthma). Is this enough to lose weight? I also do some weight training for about 15 minutes. I'm trying to lose around 20 lbs by August...we'll see! Thanks for all your encouragement!
  • LOVESFITNESS
    Options
    If you are looking to lose that much weight i would recomend uping ur workouts and trying to burn more calories.
  • jdier
    Options
    Sounds like I need to. After I had my first child I worked out 5 days/wk and burned 1,000 calories each session on the elliptical...no lie. I lost about 13 lbs in about 2 months. Now my elliptical is broken and I am running on my treadmill. I have no idea how a treadmill will work as far as losing weight goes...
  • LOVESFITNESS
    Options
    I fully incline the treadmill and start at 4.5mph for 5 mins then i go to 4.3mph for mins means then i repeat and thats 500 calories burned.
  • lelesmama
    lelesmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It took 2 weeks for me to see any numbers drop on the scale. I do pilates/cardio/fast paced walks/30 Day Shred. I vary my workouts to give my muscles some rest and to keep my body guessing.
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    be sure that your net calories don't drop below 1200 or you body will go into the starvation mode.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 lbs in the first week by changing diet, no exercise.

I added exercise later but never experienced that many lbs lost in a week after the first 6 dropped. After the first 6 lbs, it was about 1-2 lbs a week.
  • AdymondNtheRuff
    AdymondNtheRuff Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started two weeks ago. I had to jump start WLS and I'm good no sagging skin so far. But I want to exercise to hit my goal which feels unattainale not to mention my arms may need a little work but oh well.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I started out exercising 3 days a week and saw the scale drop after 2 weeks. From there, I've maintained 3 or more days of exercise per week and have consistently lost weight. I also log my food every day to stay on track with how much I'm eating and what I'm eating.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I started at 217 lbs, worked out about 45 mins per day, 4 days a week. I ate about 1600 cals a day and didn't eat back my exercise cals. It took me 6 weeks to start seeing any noticeable changes in my body. ANd once I increased my cals by a couple hundred to accomodate the fact that I was exercising I started seeing weigh come off.