Filling Food Diary ahead of time

Options
124»

Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I do this almost everyday. It's the first thing I do when I get to the office even before checking work e-mails lol. Planning my food is more important than checking work e-mails, right?
  • KarenReichel
    Options
    I do this too! Helps to plan it all out in advance to see where you are sitting for the day!
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My goal is to do this at least on weekdays. I am getting better at it especially as I enter recipes into my recipe page. I have several dinners my family likes that are on a regular rotation, I love that feature! I also like that I can go back and change things if things don't go as planned.

For the last 8-10 years I completely dreaded the idea of counting calories or points, I am kicking myself for not doing this earlier.
  • rachelc677
    rachelc677 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I log my food the night before for everything except supper! Keeps me on track. I log supper right before we eat.

I do the same thing :)
  • tanyalevan
    tanyalevan Posts: 182
    Options
    Yep I log my breakfast lunch and snacks the night before work if I'm not working the next day I will just do my breakfast it really helps! You feel like your not guessing and it saves on phone Internet usage haha
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I pre-log every morning. Pre-logging is looking at the price tag before you make the purchase

I know instantly if that pat of butter and sprinkle of cheese or bacon (mmm...bacon) is going to be a good idea. No more "a Blooming Onion has HOW MANY calories and serves HOW MANY people? *&@%#^!*&!!" scenarios at 11 PM.

I don't complete my diary until evening just in case something changes, but this philosophy has been extremely helpful in keeping me on track.
  • CatShelton
    CatShelton Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I do this too. That way I can see if I need to tweak anything to get more or less of any of my Macro's. It also helps me plan with snacks to bring with me for the day. I think its great for you to do it, as long as you stick to your plan you should do great!