Besides water, what do you drink.....

Options
Besides water, what do you drink to stay hydrated?

I am looking for ideas that don't involve aspartame. I switched from coolaid to Crystal Light, but I think the aspartame is playing with my insomnia and acid reflux.
Have never been much of a tea drinker. I used to drink a ton of cherry coke, but dropped that cold turkey in December.

I am willing to try anything to help me consume my 8-10 glasses of liquid. I know water is the best, but I can only drink so much water and then it makes me sick.

Replies

• dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    peppermint tea..and lots of veggies that have high water content
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Wine

that also makes me sick if I drink too much of it :laugh:
  • Fit_French
    Fit_French Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Other than drinking buckets of water, I drink green tea and black coffee. But coffee dehydrates you, or anything with caffeine for that matter. Maybe try juice if you can press it fresh yourself...
  • luticiaf
    luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Instead of a cup of tea at a time, i brew a pot, and have it sit on my desk. One pot equals about 3 8oz cups of tea, some sort of loose leaf herbal or green tea blend.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Water
    Beer
    Spirits
    Diet Soda
    Wine

More Beer than anything else though.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Wine

that also makes me sick if I drink too much of it :laugh:

I was going to say this too. Wine is good. Not especially hydrating though lol.

Seriously though, I just add a bit of sugar free juice to my water, makes it far more pleasant!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    tea and wine
  • proudandprejudiced
    Options
    I rarely drink anything BUT water, but that Trop50 stuff is nice.
  • Laurelthequeen
    Options
    I usually have a cup of black coffee first thing when I get to work, then switch to decaf, as I like drinking coffee, but don't want the diuretic effect of caffeine. Also, talking rain (seltzer water) and mint tea.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Coke, diet coke, coke zero, mountain dew, Zero Carb Rockstars, wine, craft beer, chocolate milk, and maybe some apple juice.
  • mikecalvillo1
    Options
    i found mio has 0 cal in it its a nice kick to just water
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have 2 cups of fat free milk every morning and one cup of no sugar added fruit juice mixed with one cup of water a day. Juice from concentrate is so sweet and concentrated it's still sweet after you put water in it. The rest of the time I drink water. Every 2 weeks or so I have a cup of decaf coffee and on the rare occasion I eat out I drink a Sprite. Water can get boring.
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Apart from water I drink black coffee, green tea, rum and red wine
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I mostly just drink water, tea, wine and beer. So probably not much help. But if you are drinking so much water that it's making you sick, you are drinking too much water.
  • bajanrosa
    bajanrosa Posts: 23
    Options
    tea or a soy shake in the mornings other than that nothing else
  • durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    usually a glass of orange juice a day and lots of tea (green tea, normal tea, cranberry tea...)
  • DonnaCW
    DonnaCW Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Another idea..........make a veggie broth! Add about a pound of veggies to a pot of water. Some ideas include; broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, celery etc. and drink the broth! It fills you up, adds nutrients and gets in your water content! You will NOT BE HUNGRY!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Besides water, what do you drink to stay hydrated?

I am looking for ideas that don't involve aspartame. I switched from coolaid to Crystal Light, but I think the aspartame is playing with my insomnia and acid reflux.
    Have never been much of a tea drinker. I used to drink a ton of cherry coke, but dropped that cold turkey in December.

I am willing to try anything to help me consume my 8-10 glasses of liquid. I know water is the best, but I can only drink so much water and then it makes me sick.

It's the citric acid in Crystal Light that messes with your acid reflux! I really have to limit drink mixes.

I recommend ........plain unsweetened iced tea. I use flavored tea bags .... Lipton pyramid teas are very fruity. The fruit ones are more "mellow" than stright black tea.

You can brew up green tea, red tea or herbal teas too. Green tea brewed with ginger root, or mint leaves.
    Red (roobois) teas are very mellow. I like Celestial Seasoning African Orange Mango .... yummy

If you can't stomach unsweetened tea .... start with a small amount of sugar & step it down gradually.
  • Smash666
    Smash666 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hot lemon water several times a day. I like my coffee... Water water water ( I like Mio but it's chemical sweetener). But id try lemon water. With real lemon wedge. And supposedly its very good for you and has vitamin c.
  • TiaFerrera
    Options
    I carry a bottle of "water enhancer" in my purse, like mio or Dasani, no calories, and great for breaking out at restaurants.