they got him!

Options

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    People were cheering because they were told to stay in there homes until the suspect was apprehended. Wouldn't you be happy and relieved there was no more shots fired, helicopters flying, police sirens wailing and weren't terrified anymore? I would be the first one out my house and clapping because I don't have to be afraid anymore. So yes, it is necessary.

I wouldn't be outside cheering like it's a celebration, no. I would give a sigh of relief though, but then again I'm the person who was also confused and a bit taken aback by people celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    People were cheering because they were told to stay in there homes until the suspect was apprehended. Wouldn't you be happy and relieved there was no more shots fired, helicopters flying, police sirens wailing and weren't terrified anymore? I would be the first one out my house and clapping because I don't have to be afraid anymore. So yes, it is necessary.

I wouldn't be outside cheering like it's a celebration, no. I would give a sigh of relief though, but then again I'm the person who was also confused and a bit taken aback by people celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden.

Celebrating a death is a bit different than celebrating a dangerous person being apprehended, someone who has killed numerous innocent civilians... I do understand why some would celebrate Osama's death, but I personally didn't.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Glad they were able to take him alive, but is the cheering in the streets really necessary? I know it's a relief that he was apprehended, but it's not a damn party FFS.

I'm not watching the news, so I'm not sure who you're referring to, but I'm going to assume it's the residents of Watertown and the surrounding communities. People in pretty upscale areas heard police shootouts in the middle of the night, almost right outside their doors. Those people were kept in their homes for an entire day with policemen and armored cars going up and down the streets, house to house. The mass transit system and taxi services of Boston were entirely shut down for the day (excluding Logan Airport), stranding some people with no way to get home, and no idea when they'd be able to get out.

Even if they hadn't caught a murderer in the process, I'd think that restoring life to a very vibrant city would merit some celebration.
  • penni214
    penni214 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    No it's NOT a damn party!!! It's a DAMN CELEBRATION!!! There's a big difference...they are cheering for the law enforcement, first responders and military and everyone else that aided in capturing the SOB!
  • lmkelly679
    lmkelly679 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    We were all in lockdown all day long and scared to death because these men were very dangerous so yes everyone cheered!!! I live in boston and have lived here my whole life. My husband is also a boston fire fighter, its been a scary week and im happy its all over
  • 4everchanged101
    4everchanged101 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I wish this state had the death penalty. In lieu of this heinous crime maybe it will be enacted? I seriously hope so because I'd vote for it.

He will be charged with federal terrorism charges not state murder charges therefore the death penalty is possible because it will not be done in state but federally.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! Thanks Law Enforcement! When the "Easy Assissin" Pres. Obama says "WE will Track You Down and Get YOU!" Be Afraid, Be VERY Afraid!!!

People of the world just don't "Get It"...Yes we have a LOT in the USA, but it was NOT gotten by punkin' out, a LOT of Hardship is involved from ALL of our People...We DO NOT Studder!!!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Yes it's great they got him. But.....,in a massive search why did they not search the boats??? The helicopters had heat seeking thero on them so how was he missed? For heaven sake the neighborhood was just advised they could leave their houses.... Soooo how about this "oversight".

Sorry but this is really perplexing to me. Doesn't appear to be such terrific work by authorities to me. I love Boston and haven nothing but respect for officers ans responders but duh....how can u say come out people the search was unsuccessful finding him....it's safe to come out n SURPRISE.....he's in the backyard. Thank god the home owner was observant n no one else got killed.

It's really easy to second guess what our men and women in blue are doing, but unless you have done it...don't. It's a difficult job and they were working day and night, leaving their families home unprotected, while they protected you. Having been a LEO for 17 years, I think they did phenomenal work and I salute them.

EDIT: This is my 296th post, and 296 is my badge number. How absolutely appropriate :heart:

:drinker: I've only been in it for 8 years, but the arm chair cops sitting at home really is exasperating when they have no idea what we actually do and have to go through!
  • lmkelly679
    Options
    I apologize, I've been stuck in my house all day because of this. Cabin fever set in, I am sorry!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    get the rest of the cell... then we can relax. these whackadoos weren't working alone.
  • Beezil
    Options
    I apologize, I've been stuck in my house all day because of this. Cabin fever set in, I am sorry!

+1 for this. :)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Glad they were able to take him alive, but is the cheering in the streets really necessary? I know it's a relief that he was apprehended, but it's not a damn party FFS.

They were cheering the police officers as they passed. They totally deserved the cheering.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    get the rest of the cell... then we can relax. these whackadoos weren't working alone.

There are always more whackadoos....
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

+1 for this. :)

I agree.
  • Beezil
    Options

I hope you're wrong, but of course we can't be too careful with this situation.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Firing squad or burn him at the stake....choices, choices.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

That's my fear too, that everyone is celebrating too soon.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

It's really easy to second guess what our men and women in blue are doing, but unless you have done it...don't. It's a difficult job and they were working day and night, leaving their families home unprotected, while they protected you. Having been a LEO for 17 years, I think they did phenomenal work and I salute them.

EDIT: This is my 296th post, and 296 is my badge number. How absolutely appropriate :heart:

I've been married to an LEO for 23 years and I completely agree with this. Thank you for your service 296 :drinker:
  • lmkelly679
    Options

That's my fear too, that everyone is celebrating too soon.

They arrested 7 others in the area, it was only mentioned briefly on the news but there were others
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

They were cheering the police officers as they passed. They totally deserved the cheering.

I understand the need to thank those who caught the guy, but the cheering was similar to the cheering you hear at a sporting event. It just irked me a bit.