pet peeve...

Options

Replies

• nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    People asking when we are going to have children....I will let you know when it is your business....
    People who say everyone should have children and so should you....I beg to differ... have you seen the world lately and No I would like my life the way it is...
    The preacher texting ( posting updates to facebook, checking the latest scores for the game) at my dinner table after I fixed dinner ( of his choice ) while we are eating and talking.....grrrrrrr

okay I am done....
    thank you who ever started this thread... I feel better already...
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Too many to mention but all are very small.

- I don't like the spelling and grammar on forums and in email. I have typos here and there and probably some errors too, but I actually check before writing something. (to - too - two -- your - you're - yore -- lose - loose)

- Wet towels and wash cloths left in a pile.

- I don't like waste but I'm a bit of a hoarder. I also don't like clutter. So I have a balance to try to maintain.

- Light switches should be up when on. I know I'm a bit anal about some things, this is just one.

- Don't complain about leaving the toilet seat up. You don't hear me complaining that I have to put it down. In fact I think the seat and the lid should both be down.

- I like to turn down the volume on the TV and stereo before turning it off. That way you don't get blasted when you turn it on.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    When people leave shopping carts in parking lot of the grocery store. Is walking 50 feet to return it really that much trouble?
    Okay I'm guilty of this....but in my defense, sometimes I can't park close to a cart return and I can't leave 3 kids in the car alone. Any way on to my own peeve, slow drivers in the fast lane & people who text while driving ( which are usually one in the same drivers)
    Texting or eating or reading or doing makeup, or <fill in the blank>. Yup, I've seen pretty much all of it.

My pet peeve today is chewing gum, getting thirsty, taking a drink of water, and having that peice of gum lose it's flavor. What a waste! :laugh:
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    People who post things on their status on Facebook like, "OMG, I can't believe this is happening" and you say, "what? What's going on? Is everything OK?" and they say, "I really don't want to talk about it." Why did you post it on facebook for all your "friends" to see????

Being woken up from a nap. I have actually yelled at people who wake me up. If I'm sleeping, why must you make noise????
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

People who "try to commit suicide" (swallowing a cocktail of pills---which turned out to be vitamins, flintstone to be precise) and then call someone to tell them what they did... "Just calling to say I am committing suicide and to say bye"....Hello ???.............I know that might sound dark on my side....but if your going to do it....JUST DO IT and do it right and don't leave me something to clean up and don't give my father ANOTHER stroke ........If you want attention get a dog.

hope for your sake that she never actually does it.

won't you feel like a horrible bit ch for saying this.

what a sick thing to say about your own sister.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

People who do stuff to just get attention ( it is called DRAMA) and they don't care about the consciences of their actions.... (ahem...my sister)......Which leads to another peeve....People who "try to commit suicide" (swallowing a cocktail of pills---which turned out to be vitamins, flintstone to be precise) and then call someone to tell them what they did... "Just calling to say I am committing suicide and to say bye"....Hello ???.............I know that might sound dark on my side....but if your going to do it....JUST DO IT and do it right and don't leave me something to clean up and don't give my father ANOTHER stroke ........If you want attention get a dog.
    WOW, :sick: OUCH:huh:

This makes me incredibly grateful for my Sisters, and terribly sad for your own Sister and for you as well and sick to my stomach all at the same time.

Lucky had a good point , in the case of the death of your Sister I have a feeling you may regret a few of the words you just shared but then again, after reading this, perhaps not:huh: :ohwell:

I cannot even imagine feeling this way in my heart about a loved one OR a stranger let alone saying it on a public forum. Forums can sure bring out some ugliness in folks :ohwell: :noway: faceless behind a screen we seem to think we can say what ever comes to mind.

Suicide in any form is a cry for help. I don't believe ppl do it as a hobby, I don't believe ppl do it as a game to play, some may do it for attention, but perhaps they need some attention in their life to make them feel they don't need to go to the extreme.:ohwell:
    I see your user name is nurse??? whaaaaaaa??

ahh I think I'll stop here and head back to something more positive. I shoulda known better than peaking in a pet peeve thread. Learned another lesson tonight on MFP.:noway:
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call this a pet peeve exactly but I hate it when your paper shredder or electric pencil sharpener won't finish the job you have for it. You shred some paper but are only half done and it decides to over heat and shutdown for a while. The pencil sharpener does the same thing. The kids' handwriting is bad enough without having to do homework with a dull pencil. We need the Bindford 3000 Shredder/Pencil Sharpener.....aarrhh aarrhh aarrhh!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,728 Member
    Options
    People who post things on their status on Facebook like, "OMG, I can't believe this is happening" and you say, "what? What's going on? Is everything OK?" and they say, "I really don't want to talk about it." Why did you post it on facebook for all your "friends" to see????
    I hate that too! It still bugs me even if they tell you what's wrong after you ask. If something is wrong, just spit it out — unless you really don't want to talk about it. In that cash, hush your mouth! It just screams "needy" to me, and it drives me nuts.
  • donya35
    donya35 Posts: 166
    Options
    um...well, my pet peeve for today would be:

People who bad mouth others, within hearing distance, and wonder why you have issues with them. Seriously? Is it soooo hard to just shut it. I don't get mouthy about them, yet they insists after they mouth about me that I'm being the immature one by not standing and applauding every time they enter the room. Or run to them, gushing, and inquire about their stupid weekend/day/evening. Seriously?? I'm the immature one? Huh....Right.....:noway:

Also, people who say one thing, yet through their actions say another thing. Liers, manipulators, and people with zero accountability rock my nerves like none other.:explode:

(Oh and of course, bad drivers usually are near the top of my peeve list.)
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Also, another thing I cant STAND is that noise of when a knife and/or fork scrape across the plate. It is torture!

I thought I was the only person in the world who is bothered by this. Yes, I'm not alone!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • donya35
    donya35 Posts: 166
    Options
    hmmm people who name their children ludicrous names. They have to spend a lifetime spelling and repeating it to people.

I've worked in some dental offices for kids and have seens some dooseys! Some of the names that stuck:
    Crisscross
    Cash Monet
    Sir Frederick
    DeLovely
    Godsson
    Blessed
    Just to name the ones I can spell....

Awww!!! Those poor kids!!! I always had trouble with my name growing up....HATED it!!!:grumble: But now that I'm older, I think I've kinda become numb to it...unfortunately, I don't think those kids will ever get numb to how sad their names are. I vowed a long time ago, my kids would NOT go through what I went through. I mean, I'm all for having a uniquely you name, but not at the expense of torturing the kids or the others trying to pronounce it!:ohwell:
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Bubble gum on the sidewalk!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    People who wear tons and tons of cologne/perfume to a closed in place..........like a concert! I was trapped in my seat by a $120 ticket........with those little waves ~~~~ coming off the dudes head!

Mind if others care to breath dude?? :grumble:
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    People who wear tons and tons of cologne/perfume to a closed in place..........like a concert! I was trapped in my seat by a $120 ticket........with those little waves ~~~~ coming off the dudes head!

Paying $120 for a ticket for a seat at a concert and the person in front of you stands the whole time.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone list your biggest pet peeve. One of my big ones got triggered today so in order to avoid the rant on the person who triggered it I figured I'd post it on here. List yours too if you want.

Mine is spelling/grammar such as confusing your/you're, they're/there/their or lose/loose or in work email leaving out punctiation or capitalization. Nothing irks me more than a super long one sentence email that can mean different things based on where the missing punctuation should go.

Rant done... thanks!

Edit: I should point out the punctuation/capitalization only bothers me in formal stuff... Informal is fine for things like forums ;-)

Let's eat grandma.
    Let's eat,grandma.

Punctuation saves lives!!!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,728 Member
    Options
    I have a fun book on the shelf titled "Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation."
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options

There are a few men at work who wear so much that you can smell their cologne well after they leave my office. The cologne itself is not bad, but the point is to have a hint of scent when someone gets close. Not to crop dust my whole office!
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Owners that don't pick up after their dogs in the park!! Really?!? It caught you by surprise?!? Again?!? Bring a bag, people!!! :grumble:
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Mine is spelling/grammar such as confusing your/you're, they're/there/their or lose/loose or in work email leaving out punctiation or capitalization. Nothing irks me more than a super long one sentence email that can mean different things based on where the missing punctuation should go.

I should point out the punctuation/capitalization only bothers me in formal stuff... Informal is fine for things like forums ;-)

Let's eat grandma.
    Let's eat, grandma.

Punctuation saves lives.

Edited: My pet peeve is people like me that don't read the entire thread before posting something that's already here...
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    The extra fees that are always tacked onto the price of a concert ticket.
    "Convenience charge" "Handling fee" "Order Processing Fee"
    What a bunch of crap! Ticket prices are too high even without these ominous contributions!!
    And, to add insult to injury, for the leasure of printing your own tickets at home:
    - You save them money
    - You save them paper
    - You save them ink
    - You save them envelopes
    - You save them postage
    - You save them an employee doing the work
    YOU DO ALL OF THE WORK FOR THEM...
    And you are still subject to these bogus expenses!!!!!

Why not put a tip jar on the counter or a place to submit an online gratuity...alms...bounty...contribution...donation...gift...............................?

To add to this... one of mine is paying for parking. I pay tons of money for a concert or sporting event, and then I have to pay another $10-$20 just to park! Drives me crazy!