Morning eaters- a rare breed?

Options

Replies

• Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm like you.

Eat breakfast and then eat pretty much all day (I usually have around 800 to 900 calories in the day time, not counting breakfast). Dinner is often something small, fairly regularly toast. I never have a problem wanting to eat loads in the evening (although sometimes I choose to, like tonight because I'm going out).

Works for me.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,260 Member
    Options
    Oohh yes, 300 cal breakfast is delicious, muesli with loads of fruit. I count an extra 100 cals for the semi skimmed milk I consume in the day in UK tea. I love, love love my cuppas. But I do have to save 200 cals for a later night snack or I can't sleep. 200 cals does it, stewed fruit and a spoonful of homemade yoghourt. Cooking my own rhubarb for tonight. Yum!
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Interesting, because you're right now that you bring it up. All I do is drink my protein shake and on very rare occasions (when I'm really dying of starvation) I'll eat some fruit. Other than that I always like to have more calories during the night for some reason because I'm paranoid I might go over. I usually have a snacking problem at night -_-
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I've never been a big morning eater. My mother used to fight with in the morning over eating. I also used to gag eating right after I got up. Now I wake up hungry but I still can't eat a whole lot first thing so I split it into breakfast and then a morning snack a couple hours later.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I eat brekkie anywhere between 7 a.m. and 12 noon. Depends on work schedule, shifts and days off (weekend). Times vary. Some days I do not feel hungry until lunchtime though, so eat then...other days I eat 500 cals just before sleepy time...I don't have a fixed eating schedule, although I do like to fit it all in. : )
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry; that's the only constant in my eating schedule. I often don't eat breakfast though because I like to sleep in until the last possible minute before I have to leave (I stay up late so that I get to see my husband when he gets off of work). I'm not sure if it's a + or a - that my relationship outweighs my eating habits in the grand scheme of things. We do eat a meal late at night when he gets home though, so that pretty much replaces those cals I didn't get at breakfast.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I always had trouble eating breakfast because I don't like cereals . With my schedule at the moment, I always make sure I eat something. It tends not to be high calorie though. But by the time we get our eldest ready for school and take her , would be really hungry and feeling sick. So I eat something while getting her ready, then after she is sorted I can do my workout or take my youngest out. Then get ready for work. I tend if I have breakfast to not have a snack, but have lunch. Then eat in the car or when I get to work at 2pm. A small meal at 4 ish and dinner at 7 ish. Most of my calories are in the pm.
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I always had trouble eating breakfast because I don't like cereals . With my schedule at the moment, I always make sure I eat something. It tends not to be high calorie though. But by the time we get our eldest ready for school and take her , would be really hungry and feeling sick. So I eat something while getting her ready, then after she is sorted I can do my workout or take my youngest out. Then get ready for work. I tend if I have breakfast to not have a snack, but have lunch. Then eat in the car or when I get to work at 2pm. A small meal at 4 ish and dinner at 7 ish. Most of my calories are in the pm.

I also don't like cereals so when I eat breakfast I say screw "breakfast foods". Today I'm having a porkchop and a baked potato for breakfast!
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I used to swear by breakfast and made sure it was my biggest meal....would get the bulk of my fibre, protein and iron at that time as well, but lately I've just not felt like eating in the morning...so I get up around 6:30 and have coffee with flax and my vitamins and call it "breakfast", then have a morning snack around 9 which is my ACTUAL breakfast....it's worked out better for me in the long run so I'll probably continue it this way....sometimes I'll have a piece of fruit if I am actually hungry when I get up but that doesn't happen often...
  • durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I usually can't even think about food for about an hour after I wake up or I feel kinda queasy. I am not a morning person :P
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Just depends upon my schedule. Sometimes I have time to eat more earlier in the day, which is my preference. Actually, I prefer to eat many times per day, with smaller amounts.
    However, sometimes, because of the way my appts. are, I won't have time to have a real meal until I've returned home, so the larger meal will then be later in the day.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Morning eater here! I'm always hungry for breakfast in the morning and then need to eat again a couple of hours later. I usually eat less as the day goes on.
  • vljanski
    vljanski Posts: 4
    Options
    After working out with a Personal Trainer and from what I have read, Breakfast is seriously an important meal. A person is basically "breaking a fast". I started eating breakfast and am finding my weight loss is much better. I eat most of my complex carbs for breakfast, keeping it in the form of whole grains and fruit, but eating some form of protein with it...keeps me full longer too. By supper time, I am eating few carbs and eating light.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options

I also don't like cereals so when I eat breakfast I say screw "breakfast foods". Today I'm having a porkchop and a baked potato for breakfast!

Same here! I can't eat many "breakfast" foods, like toast/cereal/oatmeal etc due to allergies, so I usually have leftover from dinner the night before.
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Mornings are a lie. . there is no such thing as them, along with bigfoot . . there is only afternoon's and night . .
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. I wake up STARVING and eat a good portion of my calories before noon and am then pretty content to eat lightly for the remainder of the day. Anyone else like me?

this is me. STARVING in the morning! sometimes really dizzy, too. (low blood sugar issues)
    One of my favorite bedtime things to do is plan my breakfast for the next morning!
    But, NO breads/Cereals for me . they give me a headache is I eat them in the morning (but not later in the day)
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well they do say you should breakfast like a king/queen, lunch like a prince/princess and supper like a pauper ..... :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I do love my breakfast and usually have a pretty good sized one...but most of my calories come starting around 1:00 PM and throughout the afternoon and evening...I pretty much eat non stop from 1 until I go to bed.
  • allie491
    allie491 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm not very hungry in the morning, but I do make myself eat breakfast and a morning snack.

I usually have 400 calories before lunch time. I am most hungry mid day and early afternoon.