Morning eaters- a rare breed?

Options

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with breakfast. I love breakfast foods. I love sitting down to eat right when I wake up, I love that transition into my day. I need (*NEED*) the stimulation to my entire digestive system, along with some lovely fiber in order to start my day on the right track, lol. I don't think I've ever in my life not had breakfast. Traveling messes me up though. I have to shower and get dressed first, and then leave the room to get breakfast. That throws my whole system off of its schedule. It's miserable. I know that it's partly mental, but OMG I love breakfast!!!!
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm only not hungry for breakfast if I ate too much the day before, so for me it is good to be hungry for breakfast. I usually don't eat for about 2 hours after I get up and rarely is it traditional breakfasty kinds of foods (today I had potato/beans/cheese/bacon/whole mess o' green veggies after I went to the gym).
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I eat within 5 minutes of waking up. I don't even care if it's 5:30 a.m. I used to be a night eater, but I can't deal with it anymore.
  • TheMattyExperiment
    TheMattyExperiment Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm not hungry in morning. I prefer to have more calories in night, because it helps me build muscles easily and quickly.

^lol wtf?
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I used to work shifts and could never look at food before lunchtime a habit I still sadly carry with me.My hobbyists annoyed with me but some days I just can't eat until as late as 3 p.m.and then it's usually just a piece of fruit or a reduced calorie biscuit.My evening meal always has been and will continue to be the biggest meal I eat.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast the vast majority of the time. I really can't skip it or I feel like crap until lunch. However, it's usually pretty small. I will either have a Chobani yogurt cup, a packet of oatmeal, half a bagel with cream cheese, a toaster waffle, or a couple of scrambled eggs. Sometimes a piece of fruit.

Lunch is bigger, but pretty low calorie. I'll usually either have a baked fish fillet or a grilled chicken breast with a bunch of steamed broccoli or green beans, and an orange or strawberries.

Dinner is a free for all. I eat whatever I want, however much I want.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Oh, P.S.--even though I am a willing breakfast eater, I do my workouts on an empty stomach. So I usually eat breakfast two hours after I wake up. By the time I get around to it, I am usually so hungry that I wolf down 600-700 calories, easy (and sometimes as many as 800 or 900). I eat two meals a day, with some evening snacking to make up the remaining calories.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I had to train myself to be a morning eater. Though I'm glad I did-- I don't feel quite so ravenous at lunchtime and can control portions better!
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal for two reasons:

1) the traditional breakfast foods are great! waffles, eggs, bacon, fruit, cereal, french toast, etc.

2) I'm starving when I wake up (even if I do eat a lot of calories at night). If I could have my breakfast waiting for me next to my bed, I would eat it before putting on my glasses to go take a piss.... funny enough, I don't think I've ever gotten breakfast in bed.

I don't eat much for lunch, though. *shrugs* to each their own. :)
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    1) your phone case is amazing
    2) I normally wake up too late for traditional breakfast, so I normally have big lunches or dinners. I will say cardio on an empty stomach is easier. Lifting after a day full of food is amazing.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Morning, evening...I'm just hungry all the time! Definitely always start my day out w a big bowl of protein oats...usually comes out to around 400 calories.
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of breakfast. I am simply not ready to eat in the am. My stomach almost feels queasy with the thought of eating before 10am or so. It may be psychological for me though.

I have Celiac Disease...before diagnosis, I always had muffins or bagels, pancakes, etc for breakfast. I can't eat any of that unless it is gluten free. Even when I ate those things, I always had immediate stomach "issues" so I think I associate breakfast with stomach/digestion problems, and when I think of eating too early in the day, I think I am going to have stomach problems.

Eggs also dont agree with me. For breakfast I usually end up eating a protein bar and yogurt, but it isnt something that will fill me up for a long time, so I try to eat later, around 9-10am..and then have lunch a few hours later.

my sister LOVES breakfast...she loves breakfast buffets....
    I am just not a breakfast food person.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Oh you don't want to be around me if I don't have my breakfast. Can't start my day without it!
  • diddylove
    diddylove Posts: 30
    Options
    I love my bf best!
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't know why they do that either. Too much trouble for me. I start eating in the morning when I feel like it, and by the end of dinner, everything has usually fallen into place. If it's 500 calories more or less, it evens itself out the next day!
  • Jodi_Hiking4Fitness
    Jodi_Hiking4Fitness Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast. I never know when I'll get another real meal in, so I normally have a 3 egg white omelet. Fills me up until 2 or 3pm when I normally eat lunch.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Yay! Overnight thread growth!
    So there are some breakfast lovers out there. Another big thing for me with breakfast is that I MUST be able to take my time with it. Even on workdays when I'm up at 430am I make sure I have 30 mins to sit and sip my coffee/read/stare into space. I feel like it sets me up for the day. Anyone else do this?
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    1) your phone case is amazing
    2) I normally wake up too late for traditional breakfast, so I normally have big lunches or dinners. I will say cardio on an empty stomach is easier. Lifting after a day full of food is amazing.

Thanks! It's part of my normal person repelling collection of over priced memorabilia :)
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I crush breakfast. But I also crush dinner. My lunches, midday eating is usually my lightest. I have no complaints.
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If I eat breakfast, I can't stop eating the rest of the day! A coffee, or maybe a smoothie if I need something a little more substantial, is enough to suffice until lunch. Supper is my biggest meal, I get hungry the most at night. :-)