Options
124»

Replies

• luckyshilling
    Options
    This may be the best thread ever. :laugh:
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    And advice to people quitting. You do need to rewire your brain. Change everything you do to get rid of the habit. I mean everything.

Brush your teeth before you shower if your normally do it in the shower or after.
    Park in a different place at work.
    Sit on a different side of the couch.

I know it sounds weird but you need to throw brain off.

^^^this is great advice^^
    My Mom quit after 30years of smoking, she did strange things like this...like reading her books on the back porch instead of the front porch, riding in the backseat instead of shotgun. She said doing as many things as backwards as possible helped keep the cravings at bay.
  • minivegrunner
    Options
    I'm on a plateau at the moment, but I've stopped smoking again and started exercising.

Way to go! Every day that you say "no" to lighting up is a big victory!
    In all reality -- I was a pack-and-a-half-a-day-smoker for about 7 years, until a year ago when I finally quit! It's not easy to do, but every day it gets easier :)

You're telling me! I'm finding that the biggest difficulty is mental, but working out seems to be re-wiring my brain for the better!

Absolutely!! That's ultimately what helped me finally quit for good as well!
  • ImpossibleGrl
    Options
    tumblr_m290zm437s1qafrh6.gif
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    There are a few guys at my gym who go outside for a smoke mid workout -yuck! One time I was on the treadmill next to a guy who was literally sweating nicotine - also super nasty.
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    While working at an apartment complex we could see the work out area on our security screen. We had a guy that chose to eat his morning donut while WALKING on the treadmill. :noway:
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    How is that healthy? Are you sure you are not a troll?
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Try shooting yourself up with Dilaudid before you go and everything will see much easier...
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    8620107982_4fa9f712e4_z.jpg

I'm currently around 6-8% this pic is at 10% bf

Well, hello there...
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I could care less if people want to smoke. As long as you don't get on the treadmill next to me. Smokers (and heavy perfume wearers) and their lingering stench tend to activate my asthma. :smokin:
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options

I had fun once. It was awful.

All of us have our vices. Chill your tatas.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

This thread is one of the FUN threads in this section :) We're not all serious 100% of the time!! Many of us like to joke around. It's all good.
  • losing5555
    Options
    i find a donut works for me. i get my partner to dangle it in front of my face so i run the extra mile. :wink:
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    8620107982_4fa9f712e4_z.jpg

I'm currently around 6-8% this pic is at 10% bf

Um. Nummy.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Sriracha Peas!

24n4n82.jpg

FTW!
  • Zereoue20
    Zereoue20 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ha! Puny god!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Beer has been shown to be a more effective post-workout hydrator than energy drinks. I thought that was pretty funny. Gives us a good excuse to drink beer.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/10/scientists-suggest-beer-after-workout/

This literally made my day. Why is this not quoted on every page of this thread?! Beer rehydrates "slightly better" than water? Good enough for me! Not that I need extra incentive for a post-workout beer...
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    For the too serious people, just found out my Granny has lung cancer.

I can still laugh at this thread.

Laugh, release some tension, live a little. Relax, breath... it's okay. It's just a forum thread not the end of the world as we know it.

I mean, really, if it was the end of the world would we have internet forum threads to complain about? :huh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i prefer a pot brownie

gluten free, of course

i like a vaporizer, cleaner for the lungs, better for the waistline.
  • lizjjam
    lizjjam Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble finding a gym that will let me take a drag between sets. Everyone is so sensitive these days.

Haha! I know right! My gym has signs up saying "don´t talk to people if they don´t want to talk" and "use deoderant" don´t think a smoke on the spinning bike would go down well. A step too far from around the back of the bike sheds maybe!