Replies

• meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I do an hour cardo 5 X a week :drinker: :drinker:
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I do 30 minutes of cardio 5-6 times a week. I love my Biggest Loser Cardio DVD :happy:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    For the past few weeks I have been getting minimum 60 mins on the Crosstrainer and if I push myself a little longer, I can do an additional 20-30 mins. Depending on how busy the weight area is, I do like 10 mins of that (I wish I could do longer).

On Wednesday, I bowl competitively for 2 hrs and then rush home and try and get 30 mins of cardio in.

I am trying :smile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    I do a spin class for 45 minutes 3 times a week and then I TRY to do 2 more days of cardio by running, usually at 5MPH for about 20-25 minutes. I'm not sure if that's beneficial or not, running at only 5MPH but my heart rate stays at around 165 or 170 and I'm pretty sure that's above fat burning level. Or is it???

That's what you can do, that's wonderful. I can't run at all! Anything is beneficial - and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    And yes, that is above fat burning - it's cardio, it's calorie burning- fat burning is a misnomer.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    reading everyone elses posts i all of a sudden dont feel like im doing enough

i do 20 minutes on the treadmill speed ranges between 3.0 mph and 5.5 mph and i can only do just under a mile in 20 minutes...:embarassed:
    but for now thats the best i can do....
    j~

oh and i do it 5 days a week

You're doing just the right amount - what you can do. Hopefully everyone is doing that.:bigsmile:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I do a 40-45 minute circuit training workout, 6 days a week. I'll do 10 min. on the elliptical, quickly followed by 2 upper and 2 lower body exercises, not giving my heart time to slow down....then I repeat until the 40-45 minutes is up. It seems to go faster than it did when I did my cardio and weights seperately.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I do 30-45 minutes of swimming 2 times a week, and 30-45 min of elliptical 2 times a week. Once every week or two I do a brisk (3.5 mph) one hour walk.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Depending on my plans for the day, this is what I usually do:

35-65 minutes of cardio Monday-Friday;
    Monday: Pilates
    Tuesday: Cardio Caberet
    Wednesday: Step Interval
    Thursday: Hi/Lo Aerobics
    Friday: TGIF

I try my best to do as much cardio as possible. I like the cardio classes a lot because they truly make time fly by.
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I do 45 minutes on the treadmill a mixture of jogging and steep uphill speed walking 3 times a week as well as around 30-45 minutes ont he machines and stit-ups etc. I then also try and do push-ups, sit-ups etc. at home ont he days i don't go to the gym and then I try and do my exercise video once at the weekend!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    wow you guys are amazing!!!

I do either 20 min turbo jam or 20 min tae bo and then a 20 min ab jam video

or

45 minute cardio party by turbo jam

or

30 mins of jogging and 15 mins of walking

about 5-6 days a week....I don't have much more time than that to put towards my exercise but get a lot of running around w/ my son and at work...still I wish I could do more...and I really need to include weights at some point LOL

hugs!
    and keep on keepin on everyone...great jobs!!
    ali
  • cobra1368
    cobra1368 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It depends.

If I'm in a class, like cardio kickboxing, the cardio part usually lasts about 45 minutes.

If I run, it is typically with my dogs and lasts anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on how motivated I am.

If I'm on flat ground, I can run for 8 miles or more (believe it or not). I've conditioned myself with the hills that I normally run, since my neighborhood has some topography to it.

I typically run from 2 to 3 miles with the hills though. And after three solid miles with the dogs, all of us are wiped out when we get home!
  • bjigglepants
    Options
    i warm up on the recumbent bike for 15 minutes, then do 35 minutes on the elliptical on the weight loss setting. i'm going about every other day (although i've missed a few days for various reasons), so my body gets a rest and time to recover. i get worn out very easily because of the thyroid stuff. i feel pretty slothy the day after, but feel better if that makes any sense.
  • jendea
    jendea Posts: 5
    Options
    I am 54 years old I work out 5-6 days a week, I do cardio every day. However, on days I do weight training which is 4 days a week I only do 30-45 min of cardio. On just cardio days I do 60-85 min of cardio.
    I break it down in time blocks like: 20-35 min stair treadmill
    15 - 20 elliptical trainer
    10-30 stationary racing bike
    10-12 min treadmill at 3.8 mph with 9 percent incline
    I try to get in at least 1 spinning class a week.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Oh it totally does make sense Beth...I think you know your body best....and its really good to rest up!

hey you know what is weird...I'll exercise like crazy for 4 days in a row...then take a day off and that day....I lose the weight?!!! lol I'll take it and I'm not complaining but its like clockwork...anyone know why???

hugs!
    ali
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It seems like almost everyone who posted is doing a lot of cardio and that's great.... but....

DON'T anyone get discouraged if you can't do some particular amount. I hate it when they say on the news that doctors are recommending 45 min., 3X week minimum or X amount of water minimum, etc.

I think that only discourages people who are a long way from the minimum so they just give up. The bottom line is this: If you're doing some cardio, you're better off than if you didn't do any. If you can build up slowly, that's awesome. If your body won't let you, so be it. You're still deriving some benefits from the activity no matter what. Walking to the mailbox without getting winded would be a huge step for some people. I'll never run a marathon but that's not important to me. Being able to run 2 mi. in under 17:42 is my personal goal. Figure out what your goal is and take positive steps to reach it!
  • msarvie
    msarvie Posts: 1
    Options
    I do Walk Away the Pounds 2 or 3 miles which is about 30 min and Richard Simmons Sweat into the Oldies because I love to dance which is about 45 minutes, three days a week and for 3 other days I do strengh from the biggest loser club book which is about an hour. But sometimes I wonder if I am doing enough.