Gained 5 pounds in a week!

Options
13»

Replies

• HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Or.... your initial loss was mostly water because you eat very low cal/low sodium usually?
  • btoeps74
    btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Monday you said you were sick. Did you by chance have a lot of soup that day? Would account for extra sodium intake. Also are you eating back your workout calories? Burning that much calories in a day/week, your body could of slowed down your metabulism.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    had a cheat meal Sunday, no exercise. and not much on Monday because I was sick. A CHEAT MEAL ???????????
    U DONt do cheat meaLS AND EVERY CALORIE HAS TO BE ACCOUNTED FOR

What?

I don't even...

Yes, every calorie has to be accounted for. However, many MANY people have what they call a "cheat" meal on a specific day of the week. As long as their weekly calories are still at a deficit, they will lose weight.

And 1400 calories... who are you to decide what they should be eating? Do you know their stats? Why is 1400 the "magic" number?
  • Fatbirdtalking
    Options
    In addition to the possible sodium water weight thing, check your calendar. We womenfolk tend to have monthly cyclical weight fluctuations.

Was gonna say the same, check your monthly cycle. I can gain loads on 'those' weeks !
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm lost. I work my butt off every single day. I usually burn over 1,000 calories a day. This week there was one day I burned only 300. I had a cheat meal Sunday, no exercise. and not much on Monday because I was sick. But besides that, I did perfect! I ate good, worked out, have been doing normal things I've been doing to drop 7 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm 5'3, a female, weigh 135. The scale this morning said I weighed 140. WTF?!?!? So demotivating and have no idea why :( help?!?
    What is your daily calorie goal, and do you meet it? Do you eat back exercise cals, especially burning over 1000 cals a day - and what exercise do you do that burns that much? And how long have you been trying to lose?

Need more info. :smile:
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm lost. I work my butt off every single day. I usually burn over 1,000 calories a day. This week there was one day I burned only 300. I had a cheat meal Sunday, no exercise. and not much on Monday because I was sick. But besides that, I did perfect! I ate good, worked out, have been doing normal things I've been doing to drop 7 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm 5'3, a female, weigh 135. The scale this morning said I weighed 140. WTF?!?!? So demotivating and have no idea why :( help?!?

in order for you to gain 5lbs in a week (7Days) .. you would have to intake 2500 additional cals over your TDEE for 7 days straight .. if you did .. impressive .. but i doubt you did ... prob, water, sodium, etc ..

So true. And an impressive feat indeed. Not even one I could pull off on my heaviest eating weeks.
  • kyleehinrichs7
    Options
    Monday you said you were sick. Did you by chance have a lot of soup that day? Would account for extra sodium intake. Also are you eating back your workout calories? Burning that much calories in a day/week, your body could of slowed down your metabulism.

No, I did not. And no I don't. Should I?