Burning Bras good for bouncing Boobs

Options
A French study came out saying that women who don't wear bras can see a 7mm lift in their nipples each year. Wearing a bra can have the OPPOSITE effect of what we've been told....WHAAAT? Anybody brave enough to try this? I don't suggest the top heavy girls going au natural... I don't know how ya'll will hide those suckers.. but how cool anyways!

Replies

• _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mkx3sfQMZg1qz4rgp.gif
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mkx3sfQMZg1qz4rgp.gif

:laugh:
  • KtotheD78
    KtotheD78 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am a pretty full 34 C and have gone au natural :) Someone commented on it at work though and I find when I exercise, it hurts.. However, when I can get away with it, I do - you betcha! :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Can't be true. If I wear a shirt and go braless, my shirt eventually pulls down on my breasts, so I wear a bra to prevent that (because I want my breasts and nipples to stay perky). I can go topless and braless. Although I would think it would be bad for the breasts (and painful) to do that while exercising for long time frames (I just do it for a little while for fun).
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    that's why the women in those african tribes always have such perky breasts /sarcasm

I always wear a bra, because it's just really uncomfortable and actually kind of painful not to. You can just feel the weight pulling on your skin, so to speak.
  • sarantonio
    Options
    Well, a 15-year French study says wearing bras make your breasts sag even more and they do nothing to reduce back pain. So you’re better off going braless.

Research professor Jean-Denis Rouillon says that medically, physiologically, anatomically breasts gain no benefit from being denied gravity. Actually, he said women get saggier with a bra.

The study looked at the changes in breasts of 330 women using a slide rule and calliper and concluded that breasts naturally become more toned and supported if no bra is used. When a bra is used, the breast becomes dependent on the artificial support, making them degrade more quickly, the study reports.

Also, the study found that going braless gives women a 7mm lift for every year they go without and helps in fading stretch marks. But Rouillon notes it would be dangerous to advise all women to stop wearing them as the women involved were not a representative sample of the population.

There it is!!^^^^

I dunno, Im comfy without it! My mom has never worn a bra, and hers are perkier than mine!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    maybe if you belong to the itty bitty titty committee, but that's not me.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I've switched from heavy duty underwire bras to lightweight bralettes. I used to be the person who wore her bra to bed. I'm only in the first month of transition, so I don't have much to say about progress yet (and I'm not entirely sure how to measure progress). I wear a 32D in Victoria's Secret contraptions. I've read some articles on how breast movement is good for lymphatic drainage and stuff. I don't see much in the way of risk in trying this out.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    A French study came out saying that women who don't wear bras can see a 7mm lift in their nipples each year. Wearing a bra can have the OPPOSITE effect of what we've been told....WHAAAT? Anybody brave enough to try this? I don't suggest the top heavy girls going au natural... I don't know how ya'll will hide those suckers.. but how cool anyways!

It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I guess that's why tribal African women over the age of 25 have such perky boobs.

IDK, maybe this only works for French women.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I've never been much of a bra wearer, neither in my developing years or as an adult. My boobs are nice and perky, even after two babies and breastfeeding for a total of 4 years. Nowadays I only wear bras to crossfit and when running outside, mostly to just maintain appearances. They're on the small side, though, so that helps.

I think bras are great for people who actually need the support due to pain, but they should never be a requirement.

I also think the American idea of what constitutes "perky" breasts is WAY OFF. Even normal, youthful breasts are often considered "saggy" by American standards if they're any larger than B cup, but of course anything less than that would be "too small."
  • sarantonio
    Options

It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I guess that's why tribal African women over the age of 25 have such perky boobs.

IDK, maybe this only works for French women.

LOL... I don't think its stupid, our bodys are awesome! Why wouldn't it work that way?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Can you give us a link to the study? We need more info? What kind of bras? How old were the women? Were they mothers? Did they have a variance in breast sizes?
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    wear a bra !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    It's a toss up for me. At times braless feels good, but then when the girls go flopping around it can be painful. Also, after breast feeding two babies, somehow, my breasts have grown . They are larger and firmer than they were before. I am tempted to try this out though. I am hoping that as I lose weight I can get back to a B cup.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    7mm a year over 15 years?

that's over 10cm!

I'm VERY large busted and even my nips would be halfway up my face.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    That study also said something about not being a close representative of the population. They probably used very small breasted women.

Never the less, I go braless probably more often than I wear one.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Well, a 15-year French study says wearing bras make your breasts sag even more and they do nothing to reduce back pain. So you’re better off going braless.

Research professor Jean-Denis Rouillon says that medically, physiologically, anatomically breasts gain no benefit from being denied gravity. Actually, he said women get saggier with a bra.

The study looked at the changes in breasts of 330 women using a slide rule and calliper and concluded that breasts naturally become more toned and supported if no bra is used. When a bra is used, the breast becomes dependent on the artificial support, making them degrade more quickly, the study reports.

Also, the study found that going braless gives women a 7mm lift for every year they go without and helps in fading stretch marks. But Rouillon notes it would be dangerous to advise all women to stop wearing them as the women involved were not a representative sample of the population.

There it is!!^^^^

I dunno, Im comfy without it! My mom has never worn a bra, and hers are perkier than mine!

I had read that study a week or so ago and the bolded part is what makes me feel relatively confident that this is not true for most people. If the women were not a representative sample of the population, in what way? Were they all AA cups? 'Cause that might make sense. My D/DD are not going to get perkier by going au natural.

I have had the dubious pleasure of meeting quite a few of the older "bra burners" and I promise you that their nipples may be pointing up (if this study has merit) but it's probably hard to tell since they are tucked into their pants.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Ummmmm, I would knock myself out and anybody standing by me while working out. This is EXTREMELY dangerous, do not attempt if you are a big boob girl....well, you can attempt just make sure all bystanders are at a safe distance or holding the girls for you.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

There it is!!^^^^

I had read that study a week or so ago and the bolded part is what makes me feel relatively confident that this is not true for most people. If the women were not a representative sample of the population, in what way? Were they all AA cups? 'Cause that might make sense. My D/DD are not going to get perkier by going au natural.

I have had the dubious pleasure of meeting quite a few of the older "bra burners" and a promise you that their nipples may be pointing up (if this study has merit) but it's probably hard to tell since they are tucked into their pants.

Holy smokes, that's a hard visual!
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

There it is!!^^^^

I have had the dubious pleasure of meeting quite a few of the older "bra burners" and a promise you that their nipples may be pointing up (if this study has merit) but it's probably hard to tell since they are tucked into their pants.

ThatGuyWithGlasses-SpittakeWhattheHell_zpsd9cad80c.gif
    Holy smokes, that's a hard visual!

:laugh: You don't have to tell me. I had the pleasure of seeing it first hand.