Burning Bras good for bouncing Boobs

Options

Replies

• Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Well, a 15-year French study says wearing bras make your breasts sag even more and they do nothing to reduce back pain. So you’re better off going braless.

Research professor Jean-Denis Rouillon says that medically, physiologically, anatomically breasts gain no benefit from being denied gravity. Actually, he said women get saggier with a bra.

The study looked at the changes in breasts of 330 women using a slide rule and calliper and concluded that breasts naturally become more toned and supported if no bra is used. When a bra is used, the breast becomes dependent on the artificial support, making them degrade more quickly, the study reports.

Also, the study found that going braless gives women a 7mm lift for every year they go without and helps in fading stretch marks. But Rouillon notes it would be dangerous to advise all women to stop wearing them as the women involved were not a representative sample of the population.

There it is!!^^^^

I dunno, Im comfy without it! My mom has never worn a bra, and hers are perkier than mine!

I had read that study a week or so ago and the bolded part is what makes me feel relatively confident that this is not true for most people. If the women were not a representative sample of the population, in what way? Were they all AA cups? 'Cause that might make sense. My D/DD are not going to get perkier by going au natural.

I have had the dubious pleasure of meeting quite a few of the older "bra burners" and I promise you that their nipples may be pointing up (if this study has merit) but it's probably hard to tell since they are tucked into their pants.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I have heard that in general, since your breasts are being supported all the time, the muscles aren't working and they lose their strength. However, in situations where they will be bouncing around (such as exercising), a sports bra should be worn because all of the stress on the muscles can be too much and can also cause premature sagging.

so basically, where a good bra to the gym and when you're at home let those girlies breath!

Breasts aren't made of muscle. There are pectoral muscles underneath but your breasts are made up of glandular tissue and fat (of varying percentages).
    exactly. they contain no muscle, they just hang off the front of an area that has muscle. they are only supported by the skin and tissues of the breast, which do not respond to exercise.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    wear a bra !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why? I don't wanna. They're uncomfortable.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    weirdly enough, my entire existance doesn't revolve around being sexy for men and my entire reason for wearing a bra isn't that it will break my heart if when i'm fifty some prat thinks i'm too saggy.

guys who tell us not to wear bras? i would like to hang 1 pound weights off their scrotums, tell them to go for a jog and see just how comfortable and practical it is.

:drinker: :love: :drinker:
  • alleekat
    alleekat Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    maybe if you belong to the itty bitty titty committee, but that's not me.

^^This.^^

The study seems entirely dependent upon size/weight and gravity. I suspect those results did not come from the more ample segment... IF there was one.

I'm sticking with a bra to help counteract the gravitational pull that is absolutely not lifting my nips 7mm.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    TRajved.jpg
  • HelstonSonia
    Options
    Oh my - I WISH I could get away without a bra. I really do. It would be unbelievable liberating.

Unfortunately however, as a FF cup - I know for a fact I can't get away with it. The pain is too much after just a couple of hours walking round without one.

I am very envious of those who can get away without one - I really am. But it's not for me.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    weirdly enough, my entire existance doesn't revolve around being sexy for men and my entire reason for wearing a bra isn't that it will break my heart if when i'm fifty some prat thinks i'm too saggy.

guys who tell us not to wear bras? i would like to hang 1 pound weights off their scrotums, tell them to go for a jog and see just how comfortable and practical it is.

What does wearing or not wearing a bra, or not wanting saggy boobs have to do with being sexy for men?

I just dont like wearing bras, they're uncomfortable.
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    Ummmmm, I would knock myself out and anybody standing by me while working out. This is EXTREMELY dangerous, do not attempt if you are a big boob girl....well, you can attempt just make sure all bystanders are at a safe distance or holding the girls for you.
    [/quote]:laugh: agree
  • Nimzzi
    Nimzzi Posts: 3
    Options
    Amen!
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    as the women involved were not a representative sample of the population
    great study! it couldn't be that women who didn't wear bras were those who didn't feel like their breasts were heavy & uncomfortable without them... women whose breasts wouldn't have sagged as much whatever they wore.

Just playing devil's advocate, but at least he was up-front about the limitations/parameters of his empirical data. Would you rather he lied?
    i would rather he didn't publish the 'results' of a study carried out so poorly that the results are meaningless, as everyone knows that the media will print the headliner and a lot of people will assume it must be true.

Sorry, but I don't get the feeling HE made quite the issue out of this as did the media, and some in this forum. He published a simple,routine scientific finding based on the data he collected in the course of his study. It's empirical data, no more....no less. Sensationalization only came afterward, when folks tend make this into more than it is. You're free to disagree, but that's the nature of scientific studies. They predominantly start small, then work their way up from there....if interest/funding present themselves. It's not meant to be a "one size fits all".....
  • jb1164
    jb1164 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So...... A French man conducts a study where he spends his time looking at women's breasts. in and out of bras, to consider whether they droop!

Oh please...
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm a 34 JJ, so this isn't practical for me.

I must agree that the media shouldn't have made this a big deal. Also, he should have picked a more varied sample to begin with. He can't pick all B cups and say, "oh, now I've wasted all this time and money studying these women and it worked, so it seems like it could work for women of all sizes!"
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Okay, let's get started.

TONfDBf.gif
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    great study! it couldn't be that women who didn't wear bras were those who didn't feel like their breasts were heavy & uncomfortable without them... women whose breasts wouldn't have sagged as much whatever they wore.

Just playing devil's advocate, but at least he was up-front about the limitations/parameters of his empirical data. Would you rather he lied?
    i would rather he didn't publish the 'results' of a study carried out so poorly that the results are meaningless, as everyone knows that the media will print the headliner and a lot of people will assume it must be true.

Sorry, but I don't get the feeling HE made quite the issue out of this as did the media, and some in this forum. He published a simple,routine scientific finding based on the data he collected in the course of his study. It's empirical data, no more....no less. Sensationalization only came afterward, when folks tend make this into more than it is. You're free to disagree, but that's the nature of scientific studies. They predominantly start small, then work their way up from there....if interest/funding present themselves. It's not meant to be a "one size fits all".....
    every scientist knows there is an issue with media reporting. he put his name to badly done, utterly meaningless 'research' and published it. if he was looking for funding, showing himself in such a light isn't the best advertisement.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    7YmXU2m.gif
    ^^^gif of the guy who "researched " this.^^^
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    every scientist knows there is an issue with media reporting. he put his name to badly done, utterly meaningless 'research' and published it.

I bet he enjoyed every minute of it too lol.

Sorry, but I can't say I'd be denying the opportunity to be part of that study, regardless of how pointless and poorly executed it may have been lol.

Again, just sayin :).
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options

every scientist knows there is an issue with media reporting. he put his name to badly done, utterly meaningless 'research' and published it. if he was looking for funding, showing himself in such a light isn't the best advertisement.

Given that you probably haven't read the actual findings (only the media reports), I'd challenge your assertion they're "meaningless". Do they suit YOUR perspective......obviously not. That said, it's simply research. Don't agree....wear a bra. Don't know what more you're looking for....a personal apology from him?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I wear a bra all the time and my breasts are lovely. If I didn't, I can promise they would look like two dangling knee socks with grapefruits in the toes.
  • Babsy_B
    Babsy_B Posts: 3
    Options
    So...... A French man conducts a study where he spends his time looking at women's breasts. in and out of bras, to consider whether they droop!

Oh please...

Oh, lady, you make me chuckle ... ! D'ya wanna be friends? : )

By the way, I'm French and I generally don't wear a brassiere ... but then I'm skinny, and always have been ... ... ...