people can be so mean :(

Options
So I was out for my usual run and I'm more than half way done when this car drives by and this guy sticks his head out the passenger side and screams, "Hey baby!! Ha just kidding, YOU'RE FAT!!" and kept driving like little cowards. I seriously couldn't believe someone would do that. It was so hurtful. I know I shouldn't let it get to me but it just really struck a nerve. I began crying as I was running but I kept going and didn't stop. I didn't want him to stop me from having a good workout. The funny part of this story is that after I started crying and thinking of how much that hurt my feelings, I thought to myself...I can't wait to get on MFP and tell everyone ha. Anywho...I'm going to try and forget about it for now and just remember he doesn't know me or my situation and he is a big fat D-bag.

Replies

• SquidInTraining
    Options
    Screw that guy - you're so cute! It's easier for people with low self esteem to bring down others than it is to build themselves up.

Keep on running, girl, don't let that schmuck get your goat.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    What a jerk!! Ignore him, He was probably butt ugly, and no girl with a lick of sense would go near him anyway. :flowerforyou:
  • 2daughtermom
    Options
    I was watching a show a while back. Can't remember the circumstances, but the guy said something real nasty to the girl. She just looked at him and said thank you for noticing. I thought next time something like that happened to me, I'd have a good come back line.
  • khoolette
    khoolette Posts: 73
    Options
    That's right! People who are miserable try to make themselves feel better by bringing others down. You go girl! You get to feel good about your commitment and endurance on that run, while he goes home to his miserable self!
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    :mad: What a jacka$$!
    Keep your chin up,and keep running!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say but with my temper I probably would have picked up a stone or something and thrown it at the car. They can see how a fat girl throws then.

I am guessing the guy probably weighed more then you and was heading to McD's to eat a Big Mac super sized.
  • tdh302
    tdh302 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Some people are full of hate and just can't wait to spread it ! Congratulations on your weight loss and healthy lifestyle. You can change your weight, but you can't change stupidity so that guy is screwed :)
  • hkjester01
    hkjester01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Girl, we all know that hurt. But we also know we can fix our weight. But he can't fix ugly! Keep up the work. I still have 100 lbs to go. But I still feel pretty. (that Is what my hubby & children tell me.)
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    It was probably some stupid kid. I had a guy throw an entire fountain drink (one of those GIANT like 42 oz ones) at me out the car window while I was walking my dog not too long ago. He yelled something too but I didn't hear it. I don't understand people... way to keep pushing!
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    You're doing something positive to better yourself!
    What's he doing? Certainly NOT bettering himself. Not making himself someone his mother would be proud of!
    The world is full of THEM...always has been...always will. It's not you!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree that it was probably some stupid kid. You are adorable! Don't let it get you down! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    YOU are beautiful
    you will lose weight

he will ALWAYS be a d-bag

You didn't see HIS *kitten* out there running and sweating did you? Just some idot with no life and no future. POOF SNAP-GONE!!
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    That's right! People who are miserable try to make themselves feel better by bringing others down. You go girl! You get to feel good about your commitment and endurance on that run, while he goes home to his miserable self!

110% agree!!! You hang in there, you are beautiful, and so awesome for being committed and for not stopping after that!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    F@$%#&^king stoner was probably trying to seem cool to someone. The truth is your 12lbs lost makes you way cooler!
  • KarenWantsABikini
    Options
    Sorry to say but with my temper I probably would have picked up a stone or something and thrown it at the car. They can see how a fat girl throws then.

I am guessing the guy probably weighed more then you and was heading to McD's to eat a Big Mac super sized.

Im with you rostrum i would have nroken a window in his car, kept jogging past and casually called him a dumb *kitten* on the way.

Shallow piece of crap !!

Glad you went on MFP and shared your story with us, it makes him look like the idiot he is :) You keep jogging girl !!! xxx
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    I've been yelled and swerved at on my bike ("get your f-ing bike off the road, *****"), by some @ss who pulled into his church parking lot last Sunday just two blocks from where he yelled that at me. (And there was no need for it, I was over as far as I could be.) I've been wondering about these guys myself this past week and what the hell happened to them to make them such jerks. Not that I care, but I did find it helped me work out harder--because I made myself get angry about it, rather than being sad, and that honestly gives me more energy towards a killer workout than any kind of food ever could have.....
  • jemigl
    jemigl Posts: 1
    Options
    I live in Lincoln, NE and just a couple weeks ago some guy here called a girl fat at a party. She ran after him and they got into a scuffle that ended up with her biting a chunk out of his ear. I do not condone violence at all, but that guy now has a daily reminder of how mean he was to some girl he didn't even know.
  • johnsienoel
    Options
    Just remember: the world is round and so is Karma - his jab will eventually come back full circle and kick him in the *kitten*.
  • sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    I hear ya. I haven't yet gotten a comment like that, but I've noticed I've become even more self conscious, especially when working out. Even when I get to buy a smaller size in jeans, I'm self conscious that people will still just see me as fat. I still have a long way to go, but I've also come a long way. I seem to keep preparing myself for some comment to be able to defend how far I've come. And it's odd because I have never gotten any fat comments before, why do I think I will get them now? Yet I know that if I got a comment now, I would be sooooo much more offended by it now than I would have before. So I totally understand your reaction. I'm cheering for you to kick that jerk out of the back of your head and move on.
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    I worked in a paper mill for 9 years with almost all men, most of whom felt the need to inform me of my weight problem. Once this guy walked up to me and said "You know you really have a cute butt. Too bad all that @$$ is covering it up." I smiled and him and said, "You know what? You're right. I am a little fat. You're bald. I can lose weight, your hair ain't coming back." He didn't speak to me for three months.

Another jerk I worked with had been bragging on the new boobs he bought his wife with one breath and calling me fat @$$ with the next. I finally looked at him and said , " I don't depend on you for money, food or sex, so what you think of the size of my @$$ doesn't mean $#!^ to me. And by the way. I still have better tits than your old lady, and my old man didn't have to buy mine." THAT shut him up...HARD :bigsmile:

When YOU are slim, healthy and sexy, that guy in the car will still be a chicken $#!^ D-bag. :laugh: