I HATE lying men rant

Options
I am 7 weeks pregnant with my first baby. The father cheated on me and abused me and then left. Recently I met this great guy. Starts talking things were getting serious and I catch him cheating!!! UGH!!! I'm done with men. That is all.

Replies

• hdean1989
    hdean1989 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Men can be awful but you just have to worry about yourself and your baby. Im a proud strong independent lady... the right guy will find you
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    You are 18 and pregnant.....you should focus on getting your life situated and a healthy pregnancy. You have the rest of your life to date.
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You are 18 and pregnant.....you should focus on getting your life situated and a healthy pregnancy. You have the rest of your life to date.

I agree. Also, if you're dating someone your age, chances are he wont be ready to take care of a baby.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^ this. And you haven't even graduated high school yet (according to your profile). The last thing you should even be considering is dating.

You need to focus on your health, your school, and your future.
    And realize that anyone you date has to be someone also willing to take your kids into account. That's a lot to ask of anyone at anytime...but before you do, you should have yourself straight first.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters, it's time for you to focus on yourself, your baby, and your reptiles! Dating can come later and just let the other guy go. He doesn't deserve you anyway.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters, it's time for you to focus on yourself, your baby, and your reptiles! Dating can come later and just let the other guy go. He doesn't deserve you anyway.

Reptiles?? I'm so confused!! :grumble:
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    :( Sorry to hear that. I don't blame you for being exasperated with men, a lot of them are jerks. Got rid of mine February. Make sure you & your baby are healthy & happy before you go out on the dating scene again. A breather & time to bond with baby--don't worry, Mr. Right will show up, usually when you least expect it.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Reptiles?? I'm so confused!! :grumble:

May have something to do with her username......

OP - Im with Joy_Joy
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    All men (and women for that matter) lie about something. Just find one that doesn't lie about everything. In the meantime, focus on the baby and not finding other men. Just use men for sex, much easier...but use condoms after the baby.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I'm done with men.
    Probably for the best for the next few years. The choices you're making right now aren't really good ones in terms of who you will want around your baby. I strongly encourage you to bury yourself in school until your child is born. If you were unable to afford college before (like I was when I was your age and also pregnant), your situation will be looked at differently now by colleges (eligible for different grants, parents' income no longer taken in to account for you, etc.). Stay local, go full-time, and get an associates or something that will secure a more stable life than what you're able to offer your child now.
  • Bottenfield
    Options
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww NOT all men CHEAT and NOT all r liers either :smile:
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Most guys at 18 are no where near ready to settle down! Focus on you and the health of your baby. You will have plenty of time to date and find the right guy.
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Its like lifetime channel the forum version in here.
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Just use men for sex

I approve of this message.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Just use men for sex

I approve of this message.

Thank you. It works for me.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    You shoulda rubbered up, gonna suck for your kid not having a dad.

Way to make guys look worse by being a douche. You do know condoms aren't 100% effective right? Get a clue and, for the record, I feel sorry for any woman stupid enough to date you.

To the OP, I agree with catrinah. Focus on you and your baby and forget dating. Best of luck!
  • reptilequeenrachel
    Options
    Alright. Well first off protection was use (doesnt't always work you know).
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You shoulda rubbered up, gonna suck for your kid not having a dad.
    Yeah, she's totally better off with her child's abusive father. Brilliant!

I didn't say that, she shouldnt of had unprotected sex, now some poor kid is born fatherless.

Who said it was unprotected, and who are you to judge anyway? Things happen.

The kid is better off with a loving mother than it would have been with a loving mother and an abusive father.
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thank you. It works for me.

You're doing the Lord's work.
This discussion has been closed.