better altunative to corn chips?

Options
I've been craving some nachos lately, but am a little bit wary of the corn chips.

Does anyone have a better alternative to corn chips?

Replies

• koootenay
    koootenay Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    try yam chips! thin sliced yam pieces and then make you nachos with them : ) Bake them in oven at 350 for maaaaybe 20 mins? until crispy anyways
  • Danilova82
    Options
    Never tried this but what about getting corn tortillas and baking them in the oven? The break apart into chips add salt spices or brush with olive oil prior. I'd be curious how that would turn out
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has baked blue corn tortilla chips that work well for nachos, and are lower cal than regular chips. If you don't have a Joe's nearby, Tostito's also does baked chips.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    baked blue corn tortilla chips
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Misleading thread title. I thought this was going to be about fish chips or something.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Misleading thread title. I thought this was going to be about fish chips or something.

But I included corn chips in the title......
  • just_fur_luck
    Options
    And tuna. There was no mention of tuna in your OP as was promised by the thread title.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I bake tortillas if I feel like corn chips.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I've been craving some nachos lately, but am a little bit wary of the corn chips.

What's wrong with corn chips?
  • crystalball24
    Options
    If you crave nachos, I like to make some broccoli and melted cheese and add some toppings, a lot healthier and for me really gets rid of those kind of cravings!
  • just_fur_luck
    Options
    If you crave nachos, I like to make some broccoli and melted cheese and add some toppings, a lot healthier and for me really gets rid of those kind of cravings!

I know I always think broccoli when I want nachos.
  • just_fur_luck
    Options

Man parts. Speedbag.
  • Liz71459
    Liz71459 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    a serving of pretzels
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

tyrion_zps189feb6f.gif
  • TLow97
    TLow97 Posts: 55
    Options
    Trader Joe's Quinoa chips are pretty awesome.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options

^^this^^
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with corn chips. I live in New Mexico...corn chips as well as corn tortillas are just a part of life...I've lost 35 Lbs eating corn chips and corn tortillas as part of a balanced, healthy diet.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

I know I always think broccoli when I want nachos.

Me too! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bake your own corn chips .... spray with Pam before baking (helps to get the salt to stick) ..... or just count out a small portion

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Tortilla-Chips/Detail.aspx
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

tumblr_mjw0moJWUT1qmzy9uo1_500.gif
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Individual triscuit nachos - top regular triscuit with jalepeno slice, olive slices top with reduced fat cheddar put under broiler or bake and top with a dab of sour cream and salsa

40-ish cals each depending on how much cheese/sour cream you use.