better altunative to corn chips?

Options
2»

Replies

• toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I guess baked corn chips? Or toast up some corn tortillas?
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I've been craving some nachos lately, but am a little bit wary of the corn chips.

Does anyone have a better alternative to corn chips?

Please define better:
    For me,

There is no better alternative to corn chips, so I either do without, or eat very few nachos, or save all nacho eating for a mental health splurge day. If you're digging something crunchy, I really enjoy Kale chips - though they're not going to hold up to any kind of dipping.

Also, tuna.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Take corn tortillas, cut into 6ths and bake them at 400 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes. Yummy! They don't need anything else.
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I know this is not an alternative to corn chips but I love Garden of Eatin' Red Hot Blues. They are non-gmo and made from organic corn.
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Take corn tortillas, cut into 6ths and fry them in corn oil or manteca and then salt. Yummy! They don't need anything else.
    Fixed it for you.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Misleading thread title. I thought this was going to be about fish chips or something.

i thought salmon. cause they're both in a can.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    If you crave nachos, I like to make some broccoli and melted cheese and add some toppings, a lot healthier and for me really gets rid of those kind of cravings!

tyrion_zps189feb6f.gif

LMFAO! Blasphemy! Was what I was gonna say.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I've been craving some nachos lately, but am a little bit wary of the corn chips.

Does anyone have a better alternative to corn chips?

What's wrong with corn chips?

^^this^^

yeah I guess they can be kind of scary sometimes.
    11-halloween-ghost-tortilla-chips-vegan-gluten-free.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Okay so whenever I am having an aversion to corn chips, for whatever reason, I just take a bunch of bell peppers red and orange ones, core them and wash them and cut off the white parts and dry them and then sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. They are mild, crunchy as chips and have built in scoops. They are low in calorie and just a raw veggie. Then, however, I proceed to dip them in sour cream with Laura Scudders onion dip. Mission dis-accomplished.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    If you crave nachos, I like to make some broccoli and melted cheese and add some toppings, a lot healthier and for me really gets rid of those kind of cravings!

gru.gif
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Orrrrrrrr just make your nachos with corn chips, pre-plan count up your calories, and then make good choices throughout the rest of the day. You can have what you want AND stay on plan.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Sweet bell peppers work for me when I don't have enough cals left for something yummier like tortilla chips.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Beanitos!
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their suggestions for nacho chip replacement ideas. We don't have a trader Joes near us (or at all maybe?) but I will keep an eye out for the ideas!

To those of you who asked why I don't just plan the cals and eat the nacho chips:. I have poor self control when it comes to salted chip goodness ( that is how I got to needing mfp). I don't trust myself to buy a bag and so for now I choose to skip them for a bit.

It was really the mince & salsa part of the nachos I was craving and that is what I shall eat for dinner tonight =)
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    My bad about the spelling of alturnative team! I guess that is what happens when try to do two things at once. Thanks for the giggles tho .... pity it took me several days and someone pointing it out for me to notice :)