Replies

• TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    worst thing is thinking about it as a diet instead of a lifestyle change
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    The worst thing for me is the time expenditure in weighing, measuring, posting, logging everything. Time spent on me (generally my last priority) instead of on my family/farm/horses/art/obligations. It adds up to a considerable amount. There is a certain guilt level here.
  • KtotheD78
    KtotheD78 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    When my kids and fiancé are eating tasty food and I either can't have but a small portion or none at all.
    The self control when TOM is around the corner and my body is wanting to stuff it's face - I do give in to a certain degree but the guilt after *ugh*
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Thinking about:

Donuts.
    Girl scout cookies.
    Spicy nachos.
    CHEESE CHEESE CHEESE
    Chocolate.
  • wbatten2
    wbatten2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Worrying about everything I put in my mouth and counting calories and thinking about it 24/7 and then looking in the mirror and hating what I see. Eating something I want and enjoy like a slice of pizza and a beer and then feeling horribly guilty about having it. Seems when I slip up, I keep slipping because the guilt of screwing up sets in and I can't shake it then feel like oh well, I blew it, might as well keep on. Instead having self control and allowing a screw up every now and then and getting right back on track. I yo yo like crazy! It is driving me nuts.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Well, I always thought about and always wanted food, but I wasn't AWARE of just how much I was eating or how many calories it was. Ah, to be blissfully ignorant again...

And now, I'm going beyond the "stay under my calorie goal and eat whatever you want" lazy way of "dieting" and am actually committing to giving up fast food and really trying to hit my macronutrient goals. I want to be HEALTHY, not to feel like crap because I ate 1,500 cals' worth of McDonald's.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I can't say there's a "worst thing", but there are hard things - like when I fall off the exercise wagon - I have a hard time getting back into routine. Once I'm back in gear, I'm good.

Another challenge for me is the fact that I need to change the way I think about food. I need to consider food as sustenance instead of medicating stressful times or other non-productive reasons. (I know what I mean, just having a hard time putting it into words. :smile: )

:flowerforyou:
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Not having that extra glass of wine, a nice baguette with goats cheese, some really yummy kettle Chips, just dipping into houmous with pitas and not thinking about the portion size.......

BBQ season is going to be TOUGH:noway:
  • EstherZue
    EstherZue Posts: 39
    Options
    Running is my enemy. I hate running. After 2 minutes I want to throw myself on the floor in a huge tantrum. It can't be normal since I'm happy to exercise other sports quite intensely. I am in good shape, endurane wise. So why on earth this incredible frustration when I run? I don't know, it feels emotional, and I plan to tackle that sooner or later. I want to run!

I don't obsess about food very much. If i crave a certain dish, I will figure out a way to make it in a diet friendly way.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Very negative thread

people still diet??
  • Falyesai
    Falyesai Posts: 41
    Options
    Mine is changing my lifestyle. With three children, who are very picky eaters and are already very slim (they are on medications that hinder weight so they have to compensate for weight loss) I find myself still making unhealthy choices due to time constraints and such.

Speaking of lifestyle changes, trying to alter the way I eat AND quit smoking. Come to the conclusion will have to do one at a time, can't do both at once. Body goes through too much of a shock.
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The worst thing for me is how long it takes to see any progress. I am REALLY impatient.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    choosing what and what not to eat
  • wibbley74
    wibbley74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    dining out, or rather not dining out.
    and pubs
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly enough, the food thing doesn't bother me. I don't have cravings. I don't think about it all the time. It's just... what it is. Idk why I don't have the same problems with it that others do. It certainly isn't like I didn't eat junk, and plenty of it, before. That's how I got to be nearly 300 pounds. Maybe it's a mind set. The worst thing for me is not being able to convince my teenagers that they need to make these same changes. I can't get them to touch a veggie. They get right down ugly without the junk food. And I can't get them to go to the gym to save my life. I just want to see them start to make these changes while they are younger and it will be so much easier for them.

if they're your teenagers, I assume they live with you?

Just don't buy them crap to start with. They'll either eat the healthy food you give them, or go out and waste their money.
  • Ashleigh0124
    Options
    Not drinking alcohol is the worst for me!! Also, the social part of eating - not being to go out and share a bowl of chips over a beer, or having to have my salad dressing on the side while my friends tucks into a creamy pasta next to me. I'm pretty sweet with food while I'm at home, sometimes I feel fake hungry when I'm bored, so I'll have a green tea or a glass of water and find something to do.

Eventually, I'll go back to being able to have the occasional pasta, or beer, but until these healthy eating habits I'm adopting have stuck I'll stay away from the chips and beer!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I hate that having cut back significantly on what I was eating before, my weightloss is so sluggish. I love food, love eating, think about food ALL DAY EVERY DAY! I even get excited to sleep knowing that I can have breakfast in the morning. It's not so much that I'm very hungry, it's that I just love eating and feel so good to be eating (serotonin I hate you)

It makes me want to stop trying sometimes, but I am determined! I still have some bad days so I just need to fix these up :smile:
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    this thread is making me sad... this is the problem; once you get into the fitness mindset its hard to go back to the mindlessness and ease of before... but i definitely think that you can all still eat what you want and indulge; it doesn't make sense to eat a set number every day at all- there are going to be days you want to pig out and others where you don't feel like eating.. i think the trick is to listen to the body and have everything in moderation
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    eating something that I think is ok and logging it and then thinking oh my goodness! How and why did that have that many calories and carbs in it. Exp. a single servce cup of cole slaw at chick fil a. 360 calories and 19 carbs ... really? I could of eatten the whole head of cabbage for that and still had calories left!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting helps a lot. Don't ask me for details since I'm no expert yet but I'm doing it lately so I can enjoy my weekend more and stay at goal.