Worst thing...

Options

Replies

• Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thinking about:

Donuts.
    Girl scout cookies.<<<<<<<OMG bad terrible things that are invading my house right now because I have an adorable Daisy Scout damnit!
    Spicy nachos.<<<<<smothered with
    CHEESE CHEESE CHEESE<<<<spicy jalapenos
    Chocolate.<<<and the darker the better but at least I can control that

Thank you for having the same issues as ME.
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Worrying about everything I put in my mouth and counting calories and thinking about it 24/7 and then looking in the mirror and hating what I see. Eating something I want and enjoy like a slice of pizza and a beer and then feeling horribly guilty about having it. Seems when I slip up, I keep slipping because the guilt of screwing up sets in and I can't shake it then feel like oh well, I blew it, might as well keep on. Instead having self control and allowing a screw up every now and then and getting right back on track. I yo yo like crazy! It is driving me nuts.

This is me to a tee!
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    My question is.....if you want to eat that specific item or (items) why not workout that day to create a larger deficit and then eat it?
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I don't mind tracking and calculating my calories. What bothers me is when I eat at a place that serves items that aren't really in the database. I eat at a chow hall because I am deployed. So when they make vegetable lasagna, who knows how many calories are in that. I find a general entry on the database and roll with that...but the tedious, over-planning nature that I have I think about it all day. So I wind up alloting "x" amount of calories at the end of the day to cover the spread of the "mystery veggie lasagna". The other thing would be hitting my macro nutrients just right...if I have 200 calories left for the day, I play match game of what I can eat as a snack that won't bust my carbs or sugar levels. I think apart from this lifestyle change, I am my own worst enemy :huh:
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    My family, whom I live with, not going along with it and supporting me, and bringing bad food into the house, and my dad who thinks his way will work for everyone (he's a 6 foot tall thin bicyclist, and has a super high metabolism so he can eat anything).

A plus is, on weekdays, I cook since my mom is too tired when she gets home from work, so I can make things that I ACTUALLY want and that are healthy.

For instance (not exactly the best example, but it'll do), last night I made barbeque ground beef. Went a BIT heavy on the mustard, though. But still, it was good and somewhat healthy. I found an estimate on here to track (I didn't want to go through the hassle of making my own recipe).
  • knitwit0704
    Options
    The worst thing for me is how long it takes to see any progress. I am REALLY impatient.

This for me too.
  • knitwit0704
    Options
    I also always get back on the wagon, but then I fall off for a few days, right when I've lost 5-10 lbs, and gain it all back again, and then try again, and then it happens again, in a cycle.
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Feeling like I'll never finish, never weigh the right number, never be small enough.
  • kaybelieve
    kaybelieve Posts: 118
    Options
    For me its thinking i'm actually getting somewhere like looking smaller in the mirror feeling better in my skin and then to make a picture of myself to then see nothing has changed and i'm still huge...

THIS!!
    I look in the mirror and think, oh wow my stomach's smaller or there isn't as many rolls, then I see photos and nope, it's all still there.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Worrying about how many calories do I have left, everyday, all the time.

Also anger at not being able to eat what I want because of CARBS or GLUTEN.... that is really beginning to both anger & depress me. :{
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    The worst thing for me is how long it takes to see any progress. I am REALLY impatient.

This! I don't mind the counting calories or exercising..etc. I enjoy both. But the waiting game is what is frustrating. I just know that I am much healthier than I was last month and hope to be even better the next month. Time will be going by anyway, might as well be losing weight and being healthy during it.
  • rickylurve
    Options
    For me it's coming out of "the zone". When you're in it, nothing is trouble. You enjoy exercising, you enjoy eating healthy and weighing food, knowing that you're in control and every meal, every exercise session is a step to a better, happier you. But when you come out of that zone, when there is no motivation or desire, you're willing yourself to want to exercise, to want to eat healthy, but will power has abandoned you! That is the worse feeling, because you know how good you feel when you're "on it" but you just can't get there.

The best feeling is when you find it again though, and you swear to never let it go again!!
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    Not being able to just eat whatever I want, whenever I want, in however much quantity I want. Not being able to just eat mindlessly.

If you make it a lifestyle change after a while you naturally start eating healthy without even thinking about it.

So basically if you stop eating what you want, eventually your hope will be extinguished and you will give up and accept the fate that you will never eat things you like again? Sounds motivational.
  • knitwit0704
    Options
    My FOOD worst thing is hot fudge, straight from the jar.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Worst thing about stepping into a healthier lifestyle is my husband not joining me on this journey.

Aw don't give up just yet. He might just surprise you. My boyfriend never joined me on this journey yet he has lost over 50 pounds. I let him think it just happened. Lol.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Worst thing about stepping into a healthier lifestyle is my husband not joining me on this journey.

Ditto. I'd love for him to get on board for his own sake...but he's not there (yet?).
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    There is no dieting. this is a lifestyle change, it does not end!
  • ohtobe140
    ohtobe140 Posts: 93
    Options
    For me, the worst thing about dieting is starting over. In my life, every time I have lost weight and reached my goal, I have become complacent and gained it all back until I hit that moment again where I have to start over and lose the weight again. I turned 40 last October. I made the conscious decision to just lose the weight to be healthier, to exercise because it makes me feel good and some days I eat chips and crap and most days I don't. Some days I workout and some days I don't. I let go of all of the guilt. I buy clothes that fit me now, not clothes that might fit me later or fit me a month ago. I am in the present every day. My decision today does not have to be my decision tomorrow and every day, I make the choice of how I want to live my life. I am never starting over again, this time is the last time. Every day is a new start, every day is the beginning there is no end goal this time, well, except for a long and healthier lifestyle sometimes that will include pizza and chocolate.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options

this
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have been more diligent about avoiding junk food, I have been finding it's not that satisfying and often a disappointment. I do indulge in supposedly "forbidden" foods from time to time but I find I go for quality, not quantity. Example-one really good chocolate instead of a bunch of mediocre chocolates. I am satisfied and, surprisingly, it doesn't affect my BGL or calorie count that drastically. I have not "forbidden" myself any foods, just realize that if I make certain choices I may be hungry later on as they are more calorie heavy. The hardest thing for me is being able to judge calories when I go out to a restaurant. Sometimes I choose something that I think will not be too bad and find out later that it was much more than what I thought. It's all a learning curve.