What kinds of tea do you drink??:)

Options
Its been awhile!lol...but Im ready to get back on track..I need to cut out flavored sugary drinks(Vitamin Water,Gatorade,etc,etc)..but dont want to go back on Crystal light either due to the artificial sweeteners ;) What teas do you peeps drink during the day?Do you sweeten it?

Replies

• Laney2r
    Laney2r Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love tea. I mostly drink English Breakfast tea and sometimes I drink Darjeeling. I rotate between sweeting it a little and drinking it "black." :wink:
  • cmart69
    cmart69 Posts: 15
    Options
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Good Earth Sweet and Spicy tea - highly recommend this - no need for added sweeteners in that it's got enough sweetness alone

others:
    green tea
    irish breakfast tea (love the stuff from Trader Joe's)
    mint medley
    cranberry apple
    and just plain lipton - I use this to make iced tea.

I generally drink tea with no creamer/milk or sweetener. Beauty in simplicity.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I drink either peppermint tea or decaf earl grey tea. I don't add anything to my teas.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Right now my favorites are Bigelow Green with Pomegranate or Blueberry
  • meganshort11
    meganshort11 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Right now my favorites are Bigelow Green with Pomegranate or Blueberry

me too! bigelow (or lipton) green tea with blueberry and acai is really delicious! i also get the lipton diet green tea with mixed berries, but that does have artificial sweetener in it. and i sweeten my hot tea as well with sweet and low. if you want to skip the artificial stuff, agave nectar, honey, and raw sugar are slightly healthier options than traditional white sugar.

good luck!
  • mariadreamer
    Options
    I love tea!!! I drink almost everything!Iput no sugar or honey, just cinnamon!!!!Try it! :wink:
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My office has a Flavia coffee machine. There are a few different kinds of teas, but my favorite is the white tea with orange. It really doesn't need a sweetener, but sometimes I add a thing of half and half and one splenda packet. Yummy
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any kind I can find!

Green tea in the morning, ginger and lemon tea when I don't feel well, any kind of fruity tea in the evening. Chocolate tea in the afternoon when trying to shut up the chocolate craving. I have a David's Tea below my office so I try loads of different kinds. I don't put anything in any of my tea.
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Awesome:) Thanx everyone! Yeah I'll need a variety..chocolate is a weakness of mine usually..so having a "treat" tea is a good idea. I bought Peppermint today since I have nausea regularly....I have Green tea,and Red Raspberry too...So i'll go buy some others and make my "tea stash"...lol
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i just drink unsweet black iced tea with lemons.
  • Hoosier_Kat
    Hoosier_Kat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice. It's a caffeine free herbal but tastes like chai. It has a tiny amount of stevia in it, so no need to sweeten. It's good hot or cold or even with a tad of non-fat or soy milk to make it like a chai latte.
  • tolkienite
    tolkienite Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I drink Assam and English breakfast with milk, and nettle tea straight.
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Dropped pounds since green tea! Pineapple and peppermint Are my two faves xx
  • abibt
    abibt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yogi teas do a liquorice tea and a 'choco' tea, both naturally sweet. Caffeine free and seems to make food you eat at the same time taste super good too.
  • davote
    davote Posts: 7
    Options
    Stash brand Jasmine Blossom Green Tea is great unsweetened and has some very nice health benefits as well.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/158580-jasmine-green-tea-health-benefits/
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My go to tea is Taylors of Harrogate's Scottish Breakfast tea, with their Yorkshire Earl Grey being a close second for hot tea. For iced, well, I just go with good ol' Lipton. And oddly enough, being a Southern boy, I've finally managed to develop a taste for unsweetened tea.

I also enjoy a cup of Tazo Chai and Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea every now and again. I do like a little sugar in the Sleepytime tea, makes it taste like Juicy Fruit gum. :)
  • monimoni1979
    monimoni1979 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea, no sugar. But coffee with a bit of milk is what keeps me from being hungry.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Some teas I drink are:

My favorite is Spearmint (I get that as loose leaf, and it's bright green and smells and tastes so good, I don't need to sweeten it).

Also various types of green/white tea. There is a good one from Tazo called Zen (it has spearmint, lemongrass, stuff like that to make it more interesting). Yes, I sweeten these with stevia (otherwise too bitter).

Rooibos (Numi is a good brand). Sometimes sweeten, sometimes not. I use coconut milk creamer.

I also sometimes get treat flavored teas from David's Tea or Tea Desire (they have all different, interesting and yummy flavors).

And Ginger tea.

Occasionally I try other flavors (especially on the holidays). Cinnamon tea is also good.
  • 80sFanatic88
    80sFanatic88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    "Jasmine Blossom Green Tea" Oh, I like that one too. I also love this orange one we got as a gift, I can't remember what it's called. But usually I'll have the green tea, Earl Grey, or this wonderful pumpkin spice tea I got at Trader Joe's last year.