"Weird" foods.

Options

Replies

• jlo7
    jlo7 Posts: 45
    Options
    I used to make sandwiches with just lettuce and doritos. I guess the lettuce took some of the saltiness away.
  • Awne
    Awne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Brown Sauce all over a roast dinner (I'm not allowed at home dinners but it's lovely :laugh: )

My mum goes mad when she cooks a roast dinner and I cover it in brown sauce lol I always say it brings out the flavour ;)
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options

pork belly (seriously, this is a wonderful, wonderful meat)

ohhhhhh i love pork belly. Here you can buy it whole, or in slices, and you marinate the slices for 24 hours then bake them ever so slowly basting with leftover marinade and they go so so tender and brown up. And if you bake them over a rack a lot of the fat melts away (but not all, but hey, it's a nice treat!)
    I serve them with a homemade fried rice & veges, fried up in the leftover marinade
    Oh I want it NOW

YUM

Not a weird food over here at all!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options

pork belly (seriously, this is a wonderful, wonderful meat)

ohhhhhh i love pork belly. Here you can buy it whole, or in slices, and you marinate the slices for 24 hours then bake them ever so slowly basting with leftover marinade and they go so so tender and brown up. And if you bake them over a rack a lot of the fat melts away (but not all, but hey, it's a nice treat!)
    I serve them with a homemade fried rice & veges, fried up in the leftover marinade
    Oh I want it NOW

YUM

Not a weird food over here at all!

You're lucky!

I went to a local butcher to hunt some down and got this weird look like "Whaaaaat? We don't sell that here" I have to special order it from a farm near Lancaster, PA (Amish country).
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I really have any of my own... so I'll share my husband's.. lol

Oreos dipped in pineapple juice
    Grilled Cheese sandwiches dipped in hot chocolate (his whole family does this....)
    marshmallow fluff on anything... pancakes, peanut butter sandwiches, brownies... gag...
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,725 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS get a wierd look when I tell people I mix peanut butter in with my oatmeal.
    That actually sounds delicious!
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    My 2 are:

Tuna and cream of mushroom soup mixed over toast....and

cheese dipped in honey.....YUMMMMMY!
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I don't know that I really have any of my own... so I'll share my husband's.. lol

Grilled Cheese sandwiches dipped in hot chocolate (his whole family does this....)
    marshmallow fluff on anything... pancakes, peanut butter sandwiches, brownies... gag...

I love dipping my toast (or crescent rolls) in hot chocolate!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Today I had whole wheat linguine, mussels, & squid for lunch at work. You should have seen the looks!
  • fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options

Marshmallow fluff & peanut butter is an actual sandwich. It's called a Fluffernutter! :)

I like to take thick cut bologna...put it on a plate in the microwave and cook it until it gets dried out and crispy burnt around the edges...on toast with American cheese and REAL mayonnaise...YUM YUM. I haven't had that in over 6 months...sigh.

well buttered toast dipped in cold chocolate milk...omg.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I use to eat ketchup on saltines and I also would dip regular Lays potato chips(either baked or not) in chocolate pudding~sweet and salty~yum, not really ealthy, but yum :happy:
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I actually have no idea if this is "weird" but I've never seen or heard of anyone else doing it. I used to eat scrambled egg sandwiches with mayonnaise. It as just scrambled eggs mayonnaise and toast. Once in a great while, it would have cheese on it but usually did not.
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    that's delicious. I'll have one with you anytime :tongue: I think it's better with the bread untoasted.
  • fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options
    I actually have no idea if this is "weird" but I've never seen or heard of anyone else doing it. I used to eat scrambled egg sandwiches with mayonnaise. It as just scrambled eggs mayonnaise and toast. Once in a great while, it would have cheese on it but usually did not.

That's not weird! Egg sandwiches! LOVE THEM!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    i have always had weird food tastes..at my 5th birthday i had two dozen raw ostyers- wow i was an odd child. well i LOVE sardines- i LOVE them i can eat 6 cans a day- i like them with hot wing sauce and ritz crackers-super super yum!!! i like my steak blue-for those of you that dont know blue is rarer than rare..people always give me funny looks lol. i love liver and liverworste and onion sandwiches..i love salmon lox on my begals, i love raw salmon-by itself, i LOVE LOVE LOVE spinach-in ANY form,RAW squid-its got the crazeist awesome texture, and not really weird but awesome-frozen green grapes
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I get the weird looks for a few things...

Ketchup and Peanutbutter on toast (grew up on this from my babysitter)
    Ranch dressing on coneydogs... but no onions or mustard
    Mirical whip, cheese and any kind of chip on white bread (not so much anymore)
    Hot cheetos with cream cheese... (not so much any more..but I still get the craving)

I know there is more.. :)
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and potato chips. The chips can be used like you would tortilla chips for salsa, or you can crumble the chips over the top of the cottage cheese like a topping. It's still good, or maybe even better, after the chips get a little soggy.

You CAN NOT do this with low fat cottage cheese or baked chips. It's just disgusting. Full fat cottage cheese and classic lays are the best!
  • flwyland
    flwyland Posts: 142
    Options
    I ALWAYS get a wierd look when I tell people I mix peanut butter in with my oatmeal.

This one sounds yummy. I think I'm going to try it with my oatmeal tomorrow morning.
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options

My husband does this and it grosses me out (no offense) I think it mainly grosses me out because he'll scramble them in the microwave.

Its weird though because I like egg salad, but for some reason the thought of the scrambled eggs mixed with mayo doesn't sit well.
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Ok, here it goes:

A variation on the Swedish "Half Special" - Grilled hot dog on a bun with brown mustard, marinated cucumbers and onions, and mashed potatoes. (Yes, the potatoes go on top of the hot dog.)

Grilled cheese sandwich with a fried egg in between the melted cheese. Only American cheese though. The more processed the better.

A "Grandpa Jack" sandwich. I have a grandpa. His name is Jack. He used to love peanut butter and bologna on white bread. Hence, the "Grandpa Jack" sandwich.

I also dip ginger snap cookies in chocolate pudding and I love molasses cookies made with bacon grease.