No Wonder....

Options
13»

Replies

• jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    When my neighbor gets a movie gig (he's a stuntman), he'll do a 500 calorie diet for a week (or however long they give him notice for), to get better muscle definition.afterward he goes back to eating normally. He's already in great shape though, and has no plans of doing any of that for too long.
    I am not saying its the way to go. But as long as you don't overdo it, and you get your essential nutrients and vitamins, at that much of a deficit it really doesn't matter what you eat - it will all be turned into energy. And unless you are prone to developing an eating disorder, no sane person could keep it up for more than a few weeks.

And Anne Hathaway ate nothing but rice paste to get ready to play Fantine in Les Mis.

She's a pro. Must be okay.
    ,l

Anne is hot, gorgeous, and beautiful all mixed up into one. She hasn't put any of the weight back on either, which so many here believe that would happen on a low cal diet. Just maybe putting the weight back on has much more to do with individual self moderation than it does the diet? Don't be a hater.

She absolutely starved herself to play the role of a dying prostitute. She has done many interviews about how miserable and hangry she was. She has since gained back some weight, but still looks (very) slim. Not death-rattle skinny, but very slim.

I'm begining to think that your viewpoint on body image and calories might be a little skewed. Good luck with that.

I never seen that movie. I only know her from Batman and she's gorgeous in that movie. I don't know what she did for her other movie to play as a prostitute but from what you are saying, she's alive and still slim even though she drastically cut her calories. She didn't pack on weight like some people would believe after being on such a low cal diet.

"By now if you've heard anything about the soon-to-be released film adaptation of "Les Miserables," you've heard about the 25 pounds Anne Hathaway quickly lost to play Fantine, a prostitute dying of tuberculosis.

The 30-year-old actress has frequently spoken about the grueling diet she underwent, but in the new issue of The Hollywood Reporter, she comes clean admitting that she just starved herself to drop the weight.

"I just had to stop eating, all for a total of 13 days' shooting," she told the magazine.

Sounds healthy to me!! Isn't that all of our goals to look like a prostitute with Tuberculosis??? I'm convinced...bring on the 800 calories...NOT!!
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    When my neighbor gets a movie gig (he's a stuntman), he'll do a 500 calorie diet for a week (or however long they give him notice for), to get better muscle definition.afterward he goes back to eating normally. He's already in great shape though, and has no plans of doing any of that for too long.
    I am not saying its the way to go. But as long as you don't overdo it, and you get your essential nutrients and vitamins, at that much of a deficit it really doesn't matter what you eat - it will all be turned into energy. And unless you are prone to developing an eating disorder, no sane person could keep it up for more than a few weeks.

And Anne Hathaway ate nothing but rice paste to get ready to play Fantine in Les Mis.

,l

Anne is hot, gorgeous, and beautiful all mixed up into one. She hasn't put any of the weight back on either, which so many here believe that would happen on a low cal diet. Just maybe putting the weight back on has much more to do with individual self moderation than it does the diet? Don't be a hater.

She absolutely starved herself to play the role of a dying prostitute. She has done many interviews about how miserable and hangry she was. She has since gained back some weight, but still looks (very) slim. Not death-rattle skinny, but very slim.

I'm begining to think that your viewpoint on body image and calories might be a little skewed. Good luck with that.

I never seen that movie. I only know her from Batman and she's gorgeous in that movie. I don't know what she did for her other movie to play as a prostitute but from what you are saying, she's alive and still slim even though she drastically cut her calories. She didn't pack on weight like some people would believe after being on such a low cal diet.

"By now if you've heard anything about the soon-to-be released film adaptation of "Les Miserables," you've heard about the 25 pounds Anne Hathaway quickly lost to play Fantine, a prostitute dying of tuberculosis.

The 30-year-old actress has frequently spoken about the grueling diet she underwent, but in the new issue of The Hollywood Reporter, she comes clean admitting that she just starved herself to drop the weight.

"I just had to stop eating, all for a total of 13 days' shooting," she told the magazine.

Sounds healthy to me!! Isn't that all of our goals to look like a prostitute with Tuberculosis??? I'm convinced...bring on the 800 calories...NOT!!

When did I say anything about looking like a prostitute? Please dont taking my words out of context. If you don't like Bob Harper's 3 week body beach plan, more power too you. If you don't like what Anne Hathaway did for her movie, you don't have to do it. Stop being a fear monger k?
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options

,l

When did I say anything about looking like a prostitute? Please dont taking my words out of context. If you don't like Bob Harper's 3 week body beach plan, more power too you. If you don't like what Anne Hathaway did for her movie, you don't have to do it. Stop being a fear monger k?

shame on me for even wasting my time on a reply, but here goes:

Ann Hathaway starved herself to look like a prostitute!! Being entittled to MY own opinion about starving yourself is not fear mongering. This thread was NOT started to put fear in people's eyes. People can do whatever they want, be it starve themselves or not!!! The sole purpose of this thread was stating how easily people are misinformed and give up on healthy lifestyles easily based on "quick fixes" failing.....

Good day!