The thing to do ladies.

Options

Replies

• UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I wish it was tthe other way around more often. and the women approaches the guy. That rarely EVER happens with me.

I don't approach men because I assume if they want to talk to me, they will...since we all know thats how the game is played, you know?
    I don't know about you, but I'm too old to be playing "games." If I like something, I go for it. You only live once. I'd rather get shot down than think about all of the "coulda woulda shoulda" moments in life.

To each their own, my comment was about myself. I have no desire to approach a man.
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have never been hit on by a (sober) stranger. I feel left out lol
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Just whatever you do, do not tell me to smile. Just stare at my cleavage. It's OK.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I wish it was tthe other way around more often. and the women approaches the guy. That rarely EVER happens with me.

I don't approach men because I assume if they want to talk to me, they will...since we all know thats how the game is played, you know?
    I don't know about you, but I'm too old to be playing "games." If I like something, I go for it. You only live once. I'd rather get shot down than think about all of the "coulda woulda shoulda" moments in life.

To each their own, my comment was about myself. I have no desire to approach a man.

What if I am squatting and I look over at you and wink? Would that get you to approach?
  • Shananigans_
    Shananigans_ Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Never been hit on, so I'll be of no help to you.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    What if I am squatting and I look over at you and wink? Would that get you to approach?
    if she's not going to, I will. :flowerforyou:
  • JessiAnn88
    JessiAnn88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Generally I take it as a complement, unless the guy is being vulgar, but that's not the same thing. Also when i say i'm not interested it means i'm not interested.
    This one time the guy started out fine and it was flattering but it went down hill so fast lol
    He goes: "I've been coming into this place for awhile and I'd like to ask you out you're really cute"
    me "Thanks that's very flattering but I'm married"
    *So far flattering, not rude or creepy*
    he goes "but do you love him?"
    me: "yes"
    him"are you sure"
    *now not flattering and invasive lol*
    me"yep":grumble:
    him" you're pretty young to be married, did he knock you up?"
    me: "nope":noway:
    him: "I could treat you so much better than him, i'll take you out to ruby tuesdays"
    me "um thanks:huh: "
    at this point my tone obvious about how done I was with this convo so he wrapped it up wicked well
    him"We'll I can see you're just a ***** then, good luck with that"

So awkward as I still had to ring up his purchases:laugh:
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options

LOL if you can wink you can approach me! I'd wink back or smile if I was interested, then its on you! Part of it is that I want an assertive & confident guy who can come over and start a conversation with me.
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Just whatever you do, do not tell me to smile. Just stare at my cleavage. It's OK.
    Done:laugh:
  • AIZZO4
    Options
    Just so all you ladies know, I am hitting on you right now. :laugh: :wink: :flowerforyou: :smokin:
  • krumpli
    krumpli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I think the main difference, for me, is the difference between being hit on and being spoken to like a human being. I don't like lines or getting chatted up, but I'm generally open to a smiling face attempting to make real conversation, even if just starts out with lame small talk or even "hi."

Exception, and it's a big one for me and many I've spoken to: Don't hit on a woman when she doesn't have the chance to escape. This means the metro, or when I'm working out, or on a dark street. Just be aware of the fact that women generally have their own safety in mind, and don't make them uncomfortable.
  • jeshhh
    jeshhh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Public transportation is another place (besides the gym) that I don't like being hit on, because there's no easy escape when you're on a subway.
  • AIZZO4
    Options
    Nope, no where to run....(creepy voice). :laugh:
  • AZ_Gato
    Options

LOL if you can wink you can approach me! I'd wink back or smile if I was interested, then its on you! Part of it is that I want an assertive & confident guy who can come over and start a conversation with me.

Number 1: It's squat day, I can't walk to you....my legs are too weak.
    Nubmer 2: We are at the gym....I don't hit on women at the gym, unless they're on the adductor machine, then it's fair game.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Generally I take it as a complement, unless the guy is being vulgar, but that's not the same thing. Also when i say i'm not interested it means i'm not interested.
    This one time the guy started out fine and it was flattering but it went down hill so fast lol
    He goes: "I've been coming into this place for awhile and I'd like to ask you out you're really cute"
    me "Thanks that's very flattering but I'm married"
    *So far flattering, not rude or creepy*
    he goes "but do you love him?"
    me: "yes"
    him"are you sure"
    *now not flattering and invasive lol*
    me"yep":grumble:
    him" you're pretty young to be married, did he knock you up?"
    me: "nope":noway:
    him: "I could treat you so much better than him, i'll take you out to ruby tuesdays"
    me "um thanks:huh: "
    at this point my tone obvious about how done I was with this convo so he wrapped it up wicked well
    him"We'll I can see you're just a ***** then, good luck with that"

So awkward as I still had to ring up his purchases:laugh:

Ruby Tuesdays? Now there's a gentleman.
  • AZ_Gato
    Options
    I got hit on at the gym once, unfortunately before I could say anything the poor guy was frightened off by the regulars who treat me like a little sister, never happened again. Still feel sorry for the poor man.

When I'm lifting and I'm listening to my music, I feel like everyone is hitting on me.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Ladies, the hardest thing to do is approach you.

So, about a month ago I was in a store doing some shopping. I noticed an attractive girl. So after talking myself in and out of it, I got up enough courage to talk to her. She was very nice and engaging. Finally, I asked her out and her reply was, “that is so sweet but I have a boyfriend.” Ouch, denied….lol. No seriously she was real cool about it and all I could say was “had to take a shot.” She replied, “I am glad you did, made my day.” Wow, I had never felt that good, being turned down. Also, I have been turned down in much harsher ways. I have gotten the psshhh lip service, rolling of the eyes, the uh oh scary black guy look, the “you have not shot, how dare you even try look,” and my personal favorite, straight being ignored.

So I would like to ask you ladies something, how do you like being approached? Is there a place, besides work, where a person shouldn’t try? As always I like to give my thoughts first.

1. I totally understand you should be able to go out and not be “hit on” or approached by some guy you don’t even know.

2. Do you turn guys down harshly or are you nice about it? Assuming that you are not interested, do guys that you think are unattractive get the same treatment as guys who you find attractive? Meaning, do you turn down the attractive guys in a nicer way?

3. Do you have a favorite/no so favorite story about how a guy tried to hit on you?

4. Do you know how hard it is to gain enough courage to talk to you? Be nice to us….lmao

As usual I am just a curious guy and I love to get different opinions. Let’s keep this conversation light hearted and fun.

I'm beyond flattered when guys approach me, unless they're really creepy about it. Otherwise, I don't want it to be hard to approach me because really it makes my day.

2- I'm pretty nice about it. I know what it feels like when a guy isn't interested, so I try my best to be as nice as possible. And no, appearances don't change that. I could think someone isn't good looking in the slightest, and I'll still be sweet as pie.

3- When I was away at my last school I was at an 18 and older club that was by campus, but in a town so not only kids from my college went there. This one creepy guy who had been following me around all night at one point just bluntly said "Wanna go make out?" I was like...no thank you :P That is NOT a way to get a girl.

4- I can understand it being hard. Remember that girls feel the same way about guys!
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    i don't like being approached. i just don't.
    it's nothing personal. it's not your looks or your charm.
    i'm not making eye contact, i'm not smiling at guys, that means leave me be.
  • AZ_Gato
    Options
    i don't like being approached. i just don't.
    it's nothing personal. it's not your looks or your charm.
    i'm not making eye contact, i'm not smiling at guys, that means leave me be.

I was cracking my knuckles thinking this sounded like a good challenge; however, you failed to capatlize the "i" six different times. It's not going to happen between us doll. It just isn't.
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options

If I'm interested I will say hi or find something to talk to you about... Sometimes I directly ask for a number or coffee date...it depends on the body language feed back from the guy. But body language is a huge deal in me approaching a guy anyway...