Tips to Avoid Eating Out?

Options
2»

Replies

• James_Bergin
    James_Bergin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies guys! I've been off the forum for a while but I read this stuff before and its been a great help! Eating out with friends isnt really what I has issues with; its more when I'm own and stuck for time and sustenance. Anyway, loads of great suggestions; especially the stuff on lentils and other legumes!

Cheers,
    Ceru
  • julianadelbosque
    Options
    I don't know why everybody's saying to go eat out as much as you want...I'm a college student currently living on my own during the summer and I'm trying my hardest to eat every meal that I can at home! Eating out makes it way more difficult to eat healthy, and I know I certainly can't afford 6-10 dollars a meal more than 1-2 times a week max when I'm having to save half to 2/3 of my paychecks.

I love my crock pot. I made some chicken chili the other day - just spent about 15-20 minutes cutting up vegetables, put them all in a crock pot with chicken and turned it on when I went to bed! When I woke up I had 6 meals waiting for me. Last time I went to the grocery store, I cut up all my lettuce, carrots, and green peppers for salads and put them in tupperware for easy salad preparation. Prepping as much as possible before you actually have to make a meal makes everything a lot easier!