How often do you weigh in?

Options

Replies

• SweetT42
    SweetT42 Posts: 3
    Options
    I weigh in everyday too, I agree it keeps me on track, but I weigh A.M. after coffee and bathroom break. It is when I weigh the less and I dont get discouraged by doing it different times each day.
  • missbrie11
    missbrie11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Usually every few days, just to make sure I'm on the right track! I don't officially log my weigh-ins more than twice a month.
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Every morning... but it only counts if there's a loss-- and I won't log a loss more than once ever 5-7 days or so.

I think it's important to add that my weight fluctuates up to 2 lbs morning to morning... so don't panic if you wake up a pound heavier than yesterday!!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Weighing in every day has helped me to see how different things can affect my weight by like 5 pounds. Helps to keep me sane.
  • hannahpark3r
    hannahpark3r Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm in recovery from an eating disorder, so I actually haven't weighed myself in about two months. That's also because I'm in college and I don't own a scale personally. When I'm back home and I do have a scale, I used to weigh myself at least once or twice per day and it got obsessive. Weight can fluctuate a lot. When I go back home for the summer, I'm aiming for twice per week.
  • Divamamaof5
    Divamamaof5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every single morning. It helps me stay accountable for the day.

I would be lying if didn't tell you I weighed in every single night before bed. Not because I am obsessed (you could call it that) but because I always get an idea of what my morning weigh in will be by the night time weigh in.

With that being said, I do not let whatever the scale says bother me. If I am up, I work hard to get that number back down. If I am down, I celebrate.

^^^^^ same for me
  • egwene1977
    Options
    I check the scale several times a week, but I only record the weight losses :)
  • katiemostad
    Options
    Rarely/never. I used to obsess over my weight, but when I started gaining muscle it was hard to care a lot about the number on the scale. I mostly just focus on what I see and how I feel now. I think as a general rule, if you're extremely overweight and trying to lose weight, it's good to weigh yourself every week or so. But if you're relatively slim or average sized, it's best to weigh yourself on occasion, and not worry about the number. Muscle mass is less dense than fat, so the scale is really unimportant to me at this point.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily but just to feed my OCD fascination with the fluctuations that occur with normal weight loss, changes in food, and hormonal shifts. I weigh in officially about every 10 days - 2 weeks at my local 'gym' (it's really a TKD studio)
  • RecoveringToHealthy
    RecoveringToHealthy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've had an eating disorder so this is something I struggle with. Right now I try to not weigh myself at home, only at the ED clinic once a week. But sometimes when my anxiety takes over I do it anyway :frown:
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    Once a week because it fluctuates over time.
  • jourdanerin
    Options
    I weigh twice a week. Monday Morning and Friday Morning. It's easier for me to keep on track during the week, so a good weigh-in on Friday re-motivates me for the weekend and I don't feel the need to cheat as much :)
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Once every month or two (or three).
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once or twice a day most days. I don't obsess about the numbers, but I only bother updating MFP if the number goes down. If it clicks up .1 of a pound, it's as likely to be my poor quality digital scale at fault, so I check again the next day. It's like watching long term investments - panicking over numbers typically only hurts you.
  • jacquelinaaa706
    jacquelinaaa706 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, sometimes a couple times a day. I would suggest not getting into this habit because its honestly driving me nuts! Its definitely a habit I'm trying to kick, I freak out over the .5 lb I gained when I would have never noticed it if I would have just waited a couple more days....GOOD LUCK! :smile:
  • Lisidy
    Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Monday and Friday. I like to bookend the weekend to keep me accountable. When I only check my weight once a week I get the idea that I can "cheat" a little early on in the week and then make up for it later. It's all mind games, but hoping on the scale before and after the weekend seems to work for me.
  • dtibb81
    dtibb81 Posts: 3
    Options
    Usually every 2 weeks or so, give or take. I really have no set schedule.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Daily.
  • Gracie1214
    Gracie1214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    only on a Friday morning unless it's the time of the month then I skip that week !
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I weigh twice a day, morning and night. I do so just because I am curious at how the scale can change dramatically from day to day and the fact that there is almost exactly a pound difference between night and morning, consistently. So, a study of sorts... LOL I weigh at the same time of day and under the same circumstances (e.g. w/o pjs after morning potty break... haha) then I basically average all of those daily weights and use that as a weekly 'true' weight, as weight WILL fluctuate daily due to many factors. Then, you can average your weekly 'true' weights and see what your monthly weight is. I don't really bother with that, although it is a more accurate picture of where you are over time... To me, doing the averaging process also takes some of the stress out of the fluctuations I might see daily so I don't obsess over it...