How often do you weigh in?

Options

Replies

• JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Options
    Every day that way I look back at what I ate they may have had too much sodium.
  • Vickiheiss
    Vickiheiss Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When I was trying to lose weight I only weighed in once a week. Now that I am trying to maintain I weigh everyday to make sure that I am not gaining the weight back!
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Daily. I don't freak out over the rollercoaster of readings, but I do like to keep an eye on trends.
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't bother weighing in at all, but I take my measurements once a week. My goal isn't a weight, it's a body fat %, so my scale doesn't do me any good.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Every morning:smile: .....no matter what....:smile: .the good:happy: , the bad:grumble: and the oh so ugly:frown: ....

It keeps me focused.:drinker:

Wishing you continued success in your journey to a new you.:flowerforyou:
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with weighing yourself everyday as long as it doesn't drive you crazy and you accept it fluctuates. I only put my weight into MFP once a week though and always the same time, same day.
  • courtamore
    courtamore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do it at least once a week! Even more than a week won't allow you to gauge your progress very well. If you aren't losing weight, you haven't lost a good amount of time in a week, in order to adjust what you are doing!
  • Suggababi
    Suggababi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am indeed obsessed with the scale. i weigh daily early morning after my shower. This keeps me accountable and shows me the affects of what I consume daily.
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Daily, but only log it once a week on MFP. It's interesting to see the fluctuations and also keeps me motivated especially when the numbers go down. Just a little reminder to keep on going. Eventually I will move back to weekly weigh ins once I've got into the routine again.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Daily*. And I keep a log of it to compare to my average net calories in to calculate my average NEAT over time.

*(Or in other words, as frequently as this topic is posted in the forums. :wink: )
  • josh0208
    josh0208 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weigh myelf every morning and something a couple times throughout the day. It keeps me accountable for how I am doing.
  • SeahorseDolphin
    Options
    I've cut it down to once a month because I was obsessing. It's changed my entire outlook and I'm much happier. I no longer beat myself up and I always get to see a loss :) But I understand not knowing would drive some people crazy.
  • aleximgrund
    aleximgrund Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a daily weigher. It's gone from an accountability thing to an addiction. :)
  • wonderwoman1974
    wonderwoman1974 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Officially once a week, but unofficially every morning when I get up! :)
  • ogsuarez
    ogsuarez Posts: 3
    Options
    I like weighing in every day but sometimes am discouraged to see the ups. It can fluctuate quite a bit sometimes and I can't figure out why. The ups make me focus more that day on some of the junk food snacks that I eat.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day to try to gauge how different foods and exercise might factor in to weight gain/loss. I only record gained weight if it stays on for three days since it could be water weight. Wednesday is my "official" weigh in day for my small healthy eating group at work. I always record it in MFP on that day.
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, but unless the change is more than 5 lbs either way, I don't record it.

When I get weighed next week at my doctor's I will use that as my new official weight, as my scale is as bipolar as Carrie Fischer off her meds. I need a different one, methinks.
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Every day
  • LavDax
    LavDax Posts: 5
    Options
    I would say once a week. I normally do it on Sunday which for me is the beginning of the week.
  • luziferl
    luziferl Posts: 82
    Options
    weigh in every day first thing in the morning after my morning toilet... completely naked btw... highest level of craziness :D
    BUT i have to or I'll get insane...

but friday's my real weigh in day :)