Options

Replies

• dtyungu_slim
    dtyungu_slim Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    double sports bra and runny pants or tight capris
  • JustQuitIt
    Options
    Aaargh, why didn't I think of compression pants/tights till now? It's been super depressing and makes me self conscious that my shorts ride up, like to my critch when I run, so I'm like running and tugging my shorts down and looking generally idiotic.
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I wear whatever is big and comfy. The last time I went out running I wore a t shirt and jogging pants. It hides all my jiggling parts, as I am big on the bottom too!
  • peggysue218
    peggysue218 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This thread cracks me up and I love it. Also, aren't compression items kind of hot? I imagine things would be getting pretty sweaty.
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Black capri leggings that are snug enough to keep my lower half from causing any seismic distress, but not so snug as too look even remotely hoochie-mama ish, paired with a really supportive Lane Bryant bra, and a loose-fitting tank tunic that's just long enough to cover my gut.

:laugh:

I wear sports bra and compression top
    and compression pants either in capris or Full length ( I am short so regular capris fit me like long pants :)
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Some of these responses are clearly from people who have never been morbidly obese and therefore cannot relate. So in the spirit of education, for those of you who don't know, people who are currently or were formerly morbidly obese likely accumulated a large amount of belly fat. As that starts to go away, the midsection skin takes a while to catch up and we may be left with a lot of flab. This becomes a problem when it comes to running because even with compression pants, the excessive bouncing causes things to shift and clothing doesn't stay in place. Not to mention the fact that the bouncing around causes more stretching (think hand-tossed pizza dough) when obviously we want the opposite to happen.

I talked to my doctor about this because even though I still had a lot of weight to lose, I wanted to start running but the midsection flab was an issue for me. He recommended a belly binder, like the kind many people use after abdominal surgeries, and it was the BEST THING EVER. It's basically a huge strip of elastic with velcro on the ends. The one I got was really wide, so once I had it wrapped around me it went from under my bust all the way down over my hips. It kept EVERYTHING in place, plus it helped keep me warm on cold days running outdoors. At first it takes a while to figure out how to get the thing on tightly enough - you may need help - but it's worth it.

After losing more weight, I got to a point where I didn't need it anymore because my skin started to catch up with the fat loss (yes, there is hope!!!). Now I wear an Old Navy compression tank pulled down over my hips and their compression yoga capris pulled up over top so the band comes all the way up under the bust, and whatever top or jacket I want to wear over that. Everything is held in place nicely.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I won't have much advice. In fact, I have to reply to this because I want it to bump for me. Skins Compression tights/shorts? I've never thought of wearing those. I have a hard enough time wearing my bike shorts without wearing something over them as I've very self conscious of my extra tummy which is where most of my fat has hung out. But I hear my stomach when it bounces during particular exercises in my classes. I always think "I hope no one else can hear that! You are going away all you horrible extra fat!" And then I wonder what it will be like when most of the fat is gone and I have all that spare skin. Oh well, health is better wealth than being fat. But compression shorts? Hmmmmm, something to think about.

The Glamorise Women's No Bounce Full Support Sports Bra looks really nice. I currently wear two bras. (DDD since I was 12.) One I bought at a bra outlet store after trying on many, many bras and the second is the Traget one. They too will get smaller which will mean better bras. I may never give up on wearing two because I hate the bounce. I always pity people who think that having big breasts are so nice and go to the expense of having an operation. They are just not worth it.
  • yumeish
    yumeish Posts: 8
    Options
    Don't know how you would define 'bigger girls' and I know you were more interested in lower half, but the best advice I can give about any sports wear for anyone with more in the chest area than average is a Shock Absorber sports bra. I swear by that brand, seriously. I'm a 30H (occasionally 30GG or 30HH) and running in anything that doesn't keep be strictly in place is just really uncomfortable.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm the only one, but I just CAN'T wear shorts when I run, unless it is JUST compression shorts. And with my badonkadonk that's generally not appropriate to wear in public. I hate shorts riding up..so I wear compression "capris" I guess is the best way to put it. My favorite ones are from Old Navy, believe it or not. Target has some good cheap ones too. Double up sliders **sorry, compression shorts...in soccer we call them sliders; creature of habit*** and compression pants/capris if you need some extra.

I have ones like these...
    cn6020181.jpg
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I get tight yoga pants that have lots of spandex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lots!!!! Check inside tag to make sure they don't have too much cotton..
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    This thread cracks me up and I love it. Also, aren't compression items kind of hot? I imagine things would be getting pretty sweaty.
    No...the material is pretty light. I generally try and stay away from wearing compression tops because that does make me hot...but I know that there are some companies, such as underarmour that help keep you cool and some that help keep you warm. I remember the horror when I accidentally wore the "keep you cool" underarmour when it was 30 something degrees out for track practice. Woopsies.
  • honeydawn329
    honeydawn329 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Please explain this lower half "flapping". That doesn't sound right at all.

That would mean that she has hanging skin or possibly a panniculous (sp?).
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Some of this is a mindset also. I used to really hate the jiggle but now I think "C'mon fat and help me get rid of you!" I know that the bigger I am the more calories I am burning. I won't have the luxury of just my natural size burning so much for me in a few months :) It might be weird but it gets me through my run with little to no embarrassment! I love the idea of some compression pants/shorts though so I'm glad I came in here. Good luck!
  • LeighAnnH75
    LeighAnnH75 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    panache sports bra, compression pants, compression tank or shirt.

i can't work out in loose fitting clothing AT ALL. it just feels wrong

Panache is the only bra I've found after years and years of trying many different kinds that actually stops the bounce for my top heavy self. It's the BEST!!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    High waisted, tight Lycra shorts or tights. Running is no time for us chubby runners to hide in baggy clothes, chafing's a b!tch!
  • lynus85
    lynus85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    invested in a few good bras:
    tata tamer from lulu as well as the shock absorber.. both around 60$ each

as for pants i like running tights. I generally wear lulu lemons run inspire II crop ( they only go up to a size 12) butwhen i was larger I wore spandexy athletic pants from walmart/ target/ where ever.

i personally like tight pants when i run- i feel more tucked in and together.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Good information, in case I am ever able to run, I'll know what to wear.
  • Audities
    Audities Posts: 9
    Options
    I prefer the sweat pants that are the velour type and have a drawstring to tighten them up. I have the stomach overhang as well (called an "apron") but don't notice any sound if I've cinched my sweatpants tight enough (still comfortable though).
    I bought most of mine awhile back at Old Navy.
    As for bras, the Champion duo-drys are my favorite - I wear 2 of them so I can ditch the wire when running. I have huge boobs, though. (and I mean huge - J cup right now)
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I still sometimes wear spanx on the bottom (the "higher power" ones)! Or I buy the high-top yoga pants that help flatten my tummy.keep it contained. I know exactly what you mean :)
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm the only one, but I just CAN'T wear shorts when I run, unless it is JUST compression shorts. And with my badonkadonk that's generally not appropriate to wear in public. I hate shorts riding up..so I wear compression "capris" I guess is the best way to put it. My favorite ones are from Old Navy, believe it or not. Target has some good cheap ones too. Double up sliders **sorry, compression shorts...in soccer we call them sliders; creature of habit*** and compression pants/capris if you need some extra.

I have ones like these...
    cn6020181.jpg

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these. Bought them a size smaller than I probably should have and they are fantastic and very affordable.