Big Beautiful Women

Options

Replies

• Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    currently still big and beautiful working on a little less to love... motivation is always a bounce :)
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    im big but not very beautiful lol =P

You are absolutely beautiful!! :flowerforyou:
  • MearaTackling30
    Options
    Hey ya'll I have been at this for a little more than a week and I have one hundred fifty pounds to lose, so feel free to friend me! Because while I am definitely beautiful I have a long way to go and would love to have some friends on here with journeys as long as mine!
  • buffermarie
    buffermarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes.... RELAX! Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes :)
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am currently a BBW...will not be staying this way. But for now it is what I am and will love myself while I continue on my healthy lifestyle journey. Thank you OP for reaching out to others that may be at a similar place in their journey. Sometimes it is helpful to have friends who are at the same place as you in this journey or have been here before and can relate to where you are coming from. For those who have never been here or have forgotten where there journey started...oh well, move on.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    im big but not very beautiful lol =P

You are absolutely beautiful!! :flowerforyou:

you are my new best friend lol
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    Not all fat people hate themselves and consider themselves ugly. I for one think I am absolutely beautiful. I have others who agree (not that I need validation, got over that a long time ago). BUT because I love myself, I am determined to be the best me possible and that includes physical, mental and emotional well being.

I'm on MFP not because I hate myself, I'm here because I love myself too damn much!

To all the big girls out there, good luck to you on your lifestyle change. Add me if you'd like!
  • jillyk89
    jillyk89 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Love <3
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If you're happy being large and having more to love then why are you here?

It's a motivation thing. You can still love yourself and want better.

True. It was just a question. It seems that some of you have read a "tone" into this that did not exist.
  • unapologeticallyemma
    unapologeticallyemma Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hello there lovely ladies!!!! Hope you're all well!

I'm a big girl, who is always going to be big because its the way my body is built but it doesn't mean I have to be fat as well, looking forward to be being a big beautiful fit and healthy woman!!!!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I have removed a lot of posts from this topic that were in violation of our community guidelines and want to respectfully ask everyone to please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.

The forum guidelines include these items:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals
    No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

With Respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
  • RingSize8
    RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Perhaps my comment is irrelevant, because I'm not particularly big, but I actually take issue with the term BBW. It has a negative connotation to me, because, in my opinion, it suggests that it can't be assumed that because you're heavier, you're beautiful, it has to be explicitly stated. Perhaps I'm alone on this. I recall once checking out the sign up process for a dating website my friend was joining up, and we were laughing at the 'body type' options. There was athletic, curvy, slim and slender, etc, and then BBW. Why was there is no SBW (Slender Beautiful Woman)? Perhaps because society would see it as redundant. Meaning, societally, slender is beautiful and big is not. I'm not with that thought process. What's wrong with just 'beautiful'? Beautiful woman. Period.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Here I am 60 lbs less and melting...soon I won't be a member.
  • kimmynw1
    kimmynw1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am currently a BBW...will not be staying this way. But for now it is what I am and will love myself while I continue on my healthy lifestyle journey. Thank you OP for reaching out to others that may be at a similar place in their journey. Sometimes it is helpful to have friends who are at the same place as you in this journey or have been here before and can relate to where you are coming from. For those who have never been here or have forgotten where there journey started...oh well, move on.

This!

Also when we love ourselves as BBW or whatever is PC for the day we will continue to work hard and help motivate others. If I sat around hating my fat self I would balloon even bigger from depression. Stop judging and start luvin! LOL
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against skinny people! I'm just saying my body could never ever be like that.
    I think everyone is beautiful in there own way. I wasn't putting down anyone or anyone's body type.

You'd be surprised. When I was heavier, certain people would say that I was big boned, which made me think I couldn't be slender, ever. I'm actually not big boned, and my tiny waist gives me a curvier waist-hip ratio than I had before. I like being lean. Since you're here, you might as well adopt a positive attitude about your goals. You're beautiful now, and you'll be beautiful at your goal weight too.

And your goal weight might not be what you think.

I always thought I was "big boned" or "built that way". Truth is, I was just too insecure to imagine that I could be anything but large.
    And, now, I'll rock the curves that go in instead of out.....and I'm actually curvier now that I'm fit than I ever was before. I have a long way to go, but losing as much weight as I have has really opened my eyes to the possibility of being lean.

Good for you all for loving yourselves. There's nothing wrong with that - or with confidence. Just don't sell yourself short of your health potential.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Great job, OP, for figuring out what perspective works best for you. - I wish you nothing but success in all your fitness and health goals. You got this! :flowerforyou: - ©2013
  • jillyk89
    jillyk89 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GunJJacks
    GunJJacks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think I'm a total babe. U___U

I work out because it's fun! I like running and doing push-ups and stuff. It's cool to push my body to the limit. Eating healthier also makes me feel good. My weight loss is a pleasant side-effect of me wanting to get in shape. You can be happy with your body and still want to get in shape. Geez.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    i am bigger right now but i used to be skinny and i looked super sexy then and i still look good now lol so i am in. BBW for now! I am on track to a better me! hope every one else is doing a great job. I wish u all the best on ur journey. :smile:
  • tamrod2
    tamrod2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    No kidding..she is just trying to find gals that can relate...feel free to add me:-)

Oh holy cow people! If you don't like the topic of the thread, just don't comment!! Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!! I think the OP just ment for this to be fun. Not to get her head bit off. Get over yourselves!
    [/quote]