You know what bugs me?

Options
kvcash
kvcash Posts: 30 Member
You know what bugs me?!? I go to the gym when it's not that busy so that when I'm on a treadmill or and arc trainer I don't have to worry about someone being on either side of me and I can just go about my business of working out. Well today out of no here a guy come and gets on the machine RIGHT next to me. There were at least 7 other machines of the same type next to me. And to make things worse he started going really fast and really hard making it noticeable that he was showing off. Ahhh that bugged me so bad. Ok I'm done venting now. :)

Replies

• BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Seriously! And its even worse when they had garlic yesterday and you can smell it ooozing out of their pores. Or they sing along to their music, or worse, try to talk to you! Get off the machine, do a few stretches, and select a machine far away. Maybe that's his "lucky treadmill" and you're in HIS space.... ;:laugh:
  • Eve53
    Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That happened to me today too! She didn't try to like outdo me or anything but I looked around and there were like 20 other free machines she could have gotten on!
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Sometimes there are certain machines I KNOW work well and that I like and vise versa. (don't work well, and I don't like) Maybe that was one of his favorite machines? :flowerforyou:
  • Liz18492638
    Options
    That drives me crazy! For me it's always the person with the most perfume or cologne who does it :grumble:
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    That's annoying. I agree, maybe it was his lucky treadmill. :smile: I can't wait until I can afford a home gym. That would be really awesome.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I always pick the machine next to the other person, so they don't feel lonely.
    if I see a lone jogger during my night time runs, I'll run up behind her too.
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I share this same pet-pieve :o) I worked at a gym for almost 4 years in college. This experience resulted in me never, ever wanting to be near gym-rats again. The whole culture of 'do whatever it takes to look good' really messed with my mind, plus the show-offs and creepers that were always around really got under my skin. When I moved up to WA (into a very small apartment, mind you) I invested in my own set of weights, bands, a kettle ball, yoga mat, jumprope, and some workout DVDs and cancelled my GYM membership. Best choice I ever made, I'm getting great workouts in every day and I never have to deal with a gym douche-bag again :)
  • dad4192
    dad4192 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Get over it. Sorry, not really trying to come off as an *kitten*, but seriously? Maybe you look nice and friendly and he just wanted a friendly face to be near. I mean, unless he is trying to mount you or your machine while you are on it, get over it.
  • rdonald57
    rdonald57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i thought you would feel flattered that you inspired someone to walk across the room and perspire to impress you
  • jxchambe
    jxchambe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sometimes there are certain machines I KNOW work well and that I like and vise versa. (don't work well, and I don't like) Maybe that was one of his favorite machines? :flowerforyou:

Agreed
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Lol - that would bug me too. And I would have no problem getting off my machine and getting on a different one further away. .
  • cacleghorn
    cacleghorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mansplaining exercise
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i thought you would feel flattered that you inspired someone to walk across the room and perspire to impress you
    This. I'd be delighted if somebody is showing off, much better than ignoring me:smile:
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    At ,y gym they have 25-30 treadmills and about 8 have TVs. 3 of them have belts that kind of jerk/slide a bit when I run. So they are certain ones that I like. Then you get on them and someday a they decide to not work with your headphones so you have to move around
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Oh I workout better when someone is faster next to me.
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Nothing quite like someone running up behind you at night to motivate you to move faster.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

Nothing quite like someone running up behind you at night to motivate you to move faster.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

according to the speedometer on my van, usually around 10-12 mph!
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I HATE that. On the days I go to the gym, I go really early in the am so now I rarely have that problem. Still occasionally get the pervs that get on the machine RIGHT behind me when there's 30 others just to look at my butt the whole time. (Do they not realize there's a mirror and I CAN see them???) Lol. :noway: