Losing weight and being in shape sucks

Options
124»

Replies

• krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    LMFAO my work trousers are 40-42", at my thinnest point of my waist I'm 35" ATM... I have to wrap a belt onto my bone to keep those damn trousers on! :bigsmile:
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I now get catfished.

Nobody would bother catfishing me before. Now I'm an expert at google image search.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    People used to tell me I looked young for my age. Now the fat is going and the wrinkles are showing up. My second chin has gone - but now I have this trukey wattle thing, my cheeks (both sets) are deflating and I don't even want to talk about the under sides of my upper arms --- downright scary! My friends are myopic or just liars, 'cause they tell me I look great........
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    now im getting stronger I cant really get help carting stuff about in work anymore cuz now that I dont struggle no1 cares!! Plus I drink 99% water and herbal teas so I need to pee like all the damn time !!!
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    My favorite, FAVORITE brown pants that used to be tight around my butt and legs (the only parts of my body to be round and tight) are now falling off my butt :((
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far! Focus on the positives. Instead of worrying about needing to run faster to maintain the same HR, focus on how much better your joints feel after a run now that you have lost a lot of extra weight.

Keep up the great work and your progress will continue!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Lift heavier things.
  • jaymesjourney
    Options
    I have more energy so I cant take naps anymore!!!!!! :( I miss my daily 2 hour nap...

and I'm constantly peeing now that I'm drinking 8+ glasses of water a day!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I had to buy all new Victoria Secret underwear...and yet my *kitten* still is big...just not THAT big. sigh.
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My husband wants to go on a vacation for our anniversary and wants to go to a beach destination. I HATE beaches. Before my weight loss I could use the excuse that I didn't have a bathing suit. But he's hinting that I need to get one now that I'm not in plus sizes any more.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I am a swim teacher. I used to be able to float with no effort and talk to my kids. Now I have to actually work to keep my head up. It sucks! And all the people telling me how I look great in my suit....ghastly! :sad:

ps the fact that I sink tickles me pink! Especially since I haven't lost any of my colossal chest so I look like a floater. heehee :devil:
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I miss shopping at Evans (outsize shop).

i just have to walk on by Evans. i am Uk 16 now but their 16s are for the shorter lady, not me at 5'10''

I have to shop in 'normal' shops now
  • carolynhart01
    carolynhart01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Lets see:
    Boobs GONE!
    Azz GONE!
    Shaving armpits- I love that one. And legs when you prop your leg up all these muscles pop out and its hard to shave!
    I am cold most of the time
    Takes forever to burn 2300 cals a day!
    My droid arm band is too big for my arm! Go figure, one size fits all, I will have to add more velcro. Too funny.
    I sat in a hard chair at Red Lobster and thought I broke my tailbone when I plopped down on it.
    I went from a size 14 to a freaking 0! bought alllllllllllllllll new clothes, bummer I know. My husband says there isnt a size smaller and I would have to go to the kids section. Even XS shirts are too big. Shopping for clothes that fit, is a challenge these days.
    I feel like I want to exercise all the time and am obsessed with my Fitbit, find it really hard to sit in an office all day!
    I want to be outside all the time, walking/running/riding the bike, hiking
    Healthy organic food is expensive!
    I obsess over restaurants as well, I wont eat at many places I used to love! I wish I could.
    Havent eaten fast food in almost 1 year!
    I am so aware of the quality of food now, and find it hard to keep my comments to myself sometimes.

All jokes aside- I am extremely happy - its a great feeling to have people say you are too thin! ( thats sounds nuts surely) Just had a physical and doc says I am fabulous and my blood is fantastic! Off all the meds I was on, including antidepressants!

But my thing is I freaking did it!!!!! May 7th is one year for me on here. I remember the first day I started and how hard it was and how it consummed my every thought. It got easier after a few months and I went strong! Not sure how much longer I will go w/logging. It doesnt cause mean any pain to log so I will carry on until I dont anymore. It has become such a impt part of my life the past year, kindof afraid to stop ;)

Good luck to all of you!!! You all can do it! Great support here!

AWESOME JOB!!! I Can't wait to join you in success!!! Only been here two weeks and this is going to be awesome!!! ONE YEAR?!?!?! You Rock.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I have more energy so I cant take naps anymore!!!!!! :( I miss my daily 2 hour nap...

and I'm constantly peeing now that I'm drinking 8+ glasses of water a day!

Definitely going to have to agree with peeing all the damn time!
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    People used to tell me I looked young for my age. Now the fat is going and the wrinkles are showing up. My second chin has gone - but now I have this trukey wattle thing, my cheeks (both sets) are deflating and I don't even want to talk about the under sides of my upper arms --- downright scary! My friends are myopic or just liars, 'cause they tell me I look great........

This is totally me. I never expected to look older when I lost weight. Who knew what a difference the fat in your face makes for smoothing out the fine lines?
  • matsprt1984
    matsprt1984 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Now there's all this pressure for me to be on the podium instead of just to finish the event.

I have to ask, how is that working for you ??

That kind or pressure can not be fun, unless you like it ??
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    my boobs are gone :mad:

52# and my boobs STILL aren't gone. :grumble:
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love Goodwill (thrift shops). I just bought a bunch of size M shirts, and spent $2 to $3 each. Woo hoo! A cheap treat for losing 10 lbs!

But I know what you mean... It's really horrible having to wake up early to work out. And having to eat delicious food like, at least three times a day, and getting hit on by cute guys everywhere I go... What a pain in the chubby bum...