June Starters- May 17th

busymom74
busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Yay! I didn't see one started so I'm starting this weeks! (First time ever!)

Hope everyone is doing well!

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Good morning all!
    amondaythirtyeight.jpg
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Good Morning!

I got up and did the 30 day shred at 5:30 this morning. Didn't quite give me the energy to get through the day as I hoped it would, but at least I don't have to worry about doing it later. :tongue:
  • momma2five
    momma2five Posts: 7
    so whats june starters like whats this thread for
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    so whats june starters like whats this thread for

Hi... We all started on MFP in June 2009 so we started a support system called June Starters.
  • thirtyby40
    Hope everyone is having a good Monday. Mine sucks! I am so tired I can't wait to crawl into bed tonight. It doesn't really suck, I am just being whiney.

So I have good news to report for weigh in... finally back to my 40 down mark. I weighed in at 144.6 on Friday so i am hoping to get that back, but as usual I ate horribly on the weekend so I am sure I have a lot of water weight. I haven't been seeing the scale going down below 147 at all by Friday and it keeps going back up for Monday so I was happy this morning when it was lower for Monday weigh in.

LW 148.4 (I think)
    CW 147.2

GW 135 ( I would like to be as close to this number as possible to win the competition with my husband so I better smarten up on weekends. Although he is actually worse on weekends so I still think I can beat him.)

I think I set my exercise goal at 3.5 hours last week. I only did 3 hours and 10 minutes (190 minutes) but I was happy with that because we had a crazy busy week, so frankly I amazed I got that much in.
  • busymom74
    Good job Momto!!

You had your exercise goal at 150 min so 190 is over. The last weigh in I have is 148.2. Awesome!

Btw- Next week we've been at this for 50 weeks. Now I'm not saying that to discourage anyone. (My first thought was holy-mother-of-pearl I'm not at my goal yet??) What we should all really be looking at is the fact that we're STILL HERE! We're still so commited to this! Awesome job!!!!
  • busymom74
    My goal this week is to work out 240 minutes total. I know I can do it!! Tonight, I'm going to get my booty down to the basement and clean off my bfs weight bench and see what I can do. :bigsmile:
  • thirtyby40
    Busymom- 240 minutes... Good for you! I know you can do it too.

I forgot to set my goal for this week I think I will aim for 180 minutes. It is going to be another brutally busy week.

I can't believe it has almost been a year! I feel good about the fact that I have been able to commit to a healthy change (for the most part) for so long. I thought I would be disappointed for not reaching my goal, but I am actually pretty proud of myself for getting this far. I am proud of all of us! Great job June Starters!!
  • busymom74
    Well- I didn't end up working out at all yest. We had to let my daughter cry it out and it was so hard to listen to. :sad: We sat on the porch and read and I forgot all about it by the time she finally went down.

Today is a BIG gym day though so I'm not worried. :bigsmile:

Momto- that's exactly how I feel. I'm so proud of us all for sticking with it. Even though we've all stumbled a bit- we're still here!
  • magglett
    Awe ... watching our children crying is the worst :cry: I hope all is better now. Yes, I agree about us June Starters ... we're still here and working at a stronger healthier lifestyle. Yay for us.

aaaold20lady20yippee.gif
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Momto- :drinker: 40 down!!! Awesome!

I might be a little MIA the next few weeks. I'm studying for a medical licensing exam and it takes up most of my time. I haven't been exercising, though I have still been eating okay. It has been rainy so I can't go run outside, and I lost my school membership to the gym b/c it is "summer break" ha as if I get one of those right now. Hopefully soon it will get sunny and I can go run!

And I seriously cannot believe we are almost to our one year mark!! It's crazaaaaayyyyy :bigsmile: What will you do as celebration? I might hold off on my celebration until after my exam (June 17). I have already planned to go shopping for new clothes to take with me on my trip to Turks and Caicos in July! :love:
  • thirtyby40
    Courtney- Good luck with all that studying. I am sure it is very stressful. Do try and take a bit of time for yourself. Glad to hear you are still doing well with your eating. Goodness knows I have always liked to study more with munchies close at hand. You are much stronger than me. Hopefully your weather breaks soon. I am glad you are going to have a nice vacation after your exam, sounds like you could really use some down time. You have done so well I am glad to see you are treating yourself. You totally deserve it.
  • thirtyby40
    Busymom- I totally missed my workout yesterday too. I was planning to at least get in the Shred last night but I made a couple of important calls after I got home from my daughters baseball game and next thing I knew it was really too late if I had any hope of getting a decent amount of sleep. It is always hard to let our children cry it out, but I think it is truly harder on us than them. I do know that dealing with it can really zap all of your energy though, so even without losing track of time I can imagine losing a lot of ambition. Biggest Loser tonight though so i am sure you will stack up those workout minutes. You can do it!!
  • busymom74
    Thanks momto- it really is heartbreaking!

Tonight is a double workout night WHOO! Right after work and then again during BL. :bigsmile:

Gonna kick some pounds! :wink:
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    And I seriously cannot believe we are almost to our one year mark!! It's crazaaaaayyyyy :bigsmile: What will you do as celebration? I might hold off on my celebration until after my exam (June 17). I have already planned to go shopping for new clothes to take with me on my trip to Turks and Caicos in July! :love:

Good luck Courtney! Yeah, what will we do about our one year mark?? One year! Wow, it just flies!
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Anyone else totally relate to Daris on the biggest loser last night? I felt like I've been there so many times....
  • busymom74
    I felt so bad for Dairs. I hope he can keep up the weight loss when the show is over. Weather he wins or not. You know? I think he was so focussed on beating the record for the marathon he wasn't really focussed on losing the weight.
  • thirtyby40
    I felt bad for Daris too. But before he even weighed in my husband and I were saying he really doesn't have much weight to lose. I think it is probably really hard for them going home and still being in competition. I think he will do really well in the end. I am sure last nights weigh in will be a huge wake up call with what he needs to do at home. He is so young he just need to figure out his identity now, I imagine that in itself leads to a bit of self sabotage. I think he will maintain after the show, unlike some.
  • busymom74
    I noticed in his before speech Daris said "The next time you see me I'll be (180)** I'm not 100% sure on the number** lighter. He already hit the goal he said though!
  • magglett
    Man ... I feel like I'm missing out. I live in the boonies and don't get cable. I don't get a channel with The Biggest Loser. Oh well, there are worse problems to have.
This discussion has been closed.