I Lost A Person, But I Found Myself: Leaky's Story

Options

Replies

• Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    This is so well written and truly amazing. You are an inspiration!!!! So many people try and fail to get to where you are. You are so strong in every sense. You look great!!! Thanks for posting and keep pushing yourself. Looking forward to another of your post in the near future.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You freaking rock! Your progress has been amazing. I've been troubling over my little "I had a baby" chub that feels like it will never go away. I don't know if I am quite ready to wear a bikini yet, but you've reminded me that I've come a long way and should be proud of my accomplishments, stretch marks and all!
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, I started close to where you did: 294.5lbs in Jan '13 ... I have lost 34lbs, but still have a long way to go. I am so impressed that you didn't give up and keep getting healthier and healthier! You and others on MFP inspire me and help me believe I can do it too! So thank you and hopefully one of these days I'll be able to share my own success story.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    You look f-ing hot in the black dress. Your skin seems to have tightened up pretty well-any secrets to that, or did it just bounce back with time?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    By the way, honey, those aren't called stretch marks, they're call tiger marks. I have them on my hips and I celebrate them because they are my battle scars, the visible proof of the war I never really won but I fight every day. You have them because you are a beast and a warrior. Honor yourself by cherishing them.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for my matching BFF bracelet..... Hmmpft

Oh, and bish, you're fabulous! :love:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your success with us! You look fantastic. Keep lifting those weights! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    By the way, honey, those aren't called stretch marks, they're call tiger marks. I have them on my hips and I celebrate them because they are my battle scars, the visible proof of the war I never really won but I fight every day. You have them because you are a beast and a warrior. Honor yourself by cherishing them.

^^THIS! Wow, I LOVE IT!
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Thanks for sharing your awesome story with us. You have helped to motivate me.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Love this. Thanks for sharing your Journey. :wink:

But for realz. You're incredible. :drinker:
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story. You are a true inspiration! I can't wait to having the feeling of being a success story!
  • NorthSeaSqueezebox
    NorthSeaSqueezebox Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome! You are so beautiful!
    Your story is so thrilling! My highest weight was around 286 (back in 1996) and I hated myself.
    I worked out in the past year. Unfortunately my hubby didn´t like my new body. :( ...but I did. Disagreeable to hear: "Your not chubby enough anymore?"
    I gained 20 lbs since December, what makes me feel like a sack of potatoes.

So I´m back on MFP since a few days. Looking at your success... I love it! I want that,too!
    Girl, you did a great Job! ♥
  • georgiancreative
    georgiancreative Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow and wow. You have inspired me, thank you and well done on such an amazing journey.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    This thread is moving faster than a "bulky" topic. Awesome.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This thread is an epic wi ! You are awesome! Thanks for sharing! I hope people follow your example!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You are amazing. I am so proud of you!
    I love how you did everything "wrong" but sticked to the goal, and took some time to figure it out when things where not working.
  • kalyse
    kalyse Posts: 23 Member
    Options

2 months later, and here we are. I'm now 151.8 lbs, at approximately 20% body fat, and a size 6 pants/size 4 dress. I'm strong, I'm lean, and I have an undeniable confidence in myself that I never thought I was capable of having. I not only love who I am on the inside, but who I am on the outside. I can finally look in the mirror and notice my strengths, not my flaws, first. I owe my both my mental and physical strength to my growing love of strength training, and the wonderful friends I have met along the way.

im literally in tears. explaining how you used to feel is exactly how i feel now. thank you posting this even though im sure it was difficult. you are very inspiring and have given me so much hope. thank you
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful and I love and adore you! Seriously. Because lots of people doesn't realize most people can't make every ideal change at once and that it takes time and commitment and that you evolve. Great work! :heart:
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Lea :wink:

Love this...that's all I can say.. ...Congrats and you are a hot bisssshhhh!! :heart:
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Amazing ♥
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!