Is it just me, or does reheated chicken taste FUNKY??

Options
13»

Replies

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    magerum wrote: »
    It's just you.
    +1

Reheated chicken is just fine.

+2.

I have to say that this is the first time I've ever seen a complaint about this. I replied because coincidentally, I plan on eating some leftover leg quarters from soup I made last night (meat that I had too much of and didn't put in the soup.) I plan on eating it tonight, heated as is in the microwave, either on a sandwich or with a plate of broccoli.
  • Amandaaa07
    Amandaaa07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    BBQ chicken is the only re heated chicken I can eat, other than that it is gross but the BBQ/Grilled chicken tastes a lot better.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I dont care for it either. Its do-able turned into a cold chicken salad or shredded and reflavored like for tacos or pulled chicken bbq. Smothered in onions and mushrooms and delicious oils/moisture, maybe.

A baked chicken breast reheated to be eaten as a reheated baked chicken breast? No....
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I usually park cook mine and then I have to put in the microwave it's perfect
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I also don't do the reheating bit, not with chicken. I'll portion the chicken while raw and cook only the portion I will eat.
  • Trinique34
    Trinique34 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one! I hate the smell of it
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    GRUNO wrote: »
    Yes! I've been saying this to my husband for years and he says I'm the crazy one! I hate the taste of reheated chicken. The only thing I've found to make it somewhat better is to slightly undercook it so that when it reheats it's not overdone.

Except then you have improperly cooked chicken and potential for disease :/

I am one who cooks plain chicken on the weekend and eat it all week, I haven't ever noticed an off flavor. I usually add a sauce to it with a veggie and call it a day. Easy, quick, perfect for me!

If I heat it I use the microwave but I don't cook the *kitten* out of it. Heat for a minute or two on 80% power to keep it from drying out, stir, and reassess.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I hate this taste too.

It's why I bake tofu for my make-ahead lunches now, even though I'm not vegetarian. It doesn't taste like much other than the sparing amounts of oil I coat the cubes in, but it also doesn't have that funk.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I thought it was just me. It's gross reheated in the microwave but if I put it in a pan it's ok. I'd rather eat it cold.
  • AsheVal
    AsheVal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one. Reheated poultry in general tastes weird to me. It has to be heavily disguised or I can't eat it.
  • SashEdwards
    SashEdwards Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oh this is so funny, I despise re-heated chicken. I just thought I was being high maintenance lol because it really does just not ever taste the same :( I'm happy to know now though that I'm not alone!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I can't say I have this issue. It does taste a bit different reheated, but not in any sense inedible to me.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    It think it's the microwave that makes it taste/smell funky. I usually don't have any problems if I heat it in an oven or in a pan.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    In for the Funky Chicken!

funky-chicken-o.gif

I'm glad someone else went there.

I have no issues reheating chicken. I shred or cube chicken a lot to put into other dishes and then freeze individual portions; no problems.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    magerum wrote: »
    It's just you.
    +1

Reheated chicken is just fine.

+2.

I have to say that this is the first time I've ever seen a complaint about this. I replied because coincidentally, I plan on eating some leftover leg quarters from soup I made last night (meat that I had too much of and didn't put in the soup.) I plan on eating it tonight, heated as is in the microwave, either on a sandwich or with a plate of broccoli.

Me too. I'm surprised at all the people who can't stand reheated chicken. It's fine to me, and I reheat in the microwave. Maybe you all are reheating it too long? I just do a couple of minutes until it's warm.
  • Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Any tips or tricks on how to stop reheated chicken breast from tasting icky??? To me, it gets a very weird aftertaste.
    BTW the chicken has not gone bad, I just made it yesterday and it's been in the fridge.

Reheated any kind of meat makes me gag!!!!
  • becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Reheated chicken tastes to me the way a wet dog smells. I've stopped eating everything but fish and seafood