Chocolate experts out there?

Options
13»

Replies

• cristineburr
    cristineburr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If your looking for a chocolate fix.. I like to have a chocolate chunk vitatop.. it's a big chocolate fix and only 100 calories with protein to boot! My 5 year old eats it for breakfast and I eat them as an indulgent snack to fix my chocolate cravings.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Lindt has some nice dark chocolate--70% and 85%. Green and Black's 85% is also lovely. I only eat a couple squares of these at a time and my chocolate craving is satisfied.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Loveee dark chocolate..I think 70% is what you're supposed to shoot for. But I eat anything chocolate lol
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Black's and Greens organic chocolate 85% cacao! I love it.. It only takes a couple of squares and I am satisfied.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    My favourite is Charbonnel et Walker (http://www.charbonnel.co.uk/), pricy but worth it. I also like Green & Blacks who also do the best chocolate ice cream.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet been able to acquire the taste of 80 or 90% dark chocolate, but I did come across two 70% ones that I not only liked but just a few pieces really does satisfy better than the milk chocolate. I buy Dove Promises and Hershey Bliss. You can find them at any convenient store or Walmart.

I still LOVE milk chocolate but when I eat it, it is never enough. I can genuinely eat just a few of these dark chocolates and feel like I met my craving. I can eat more of it and enjoy it, but it doesn't feel as necessary as if I haven't had enough.

Yep, I've converted.

I think he Bliss version is just slightly creamier in texture but they are both good.
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Answering, but maybe slightly off topic considering that everyone else is going with the candy bar type of post..............I have had a cup of hot cocoa every. single. day. since I started and lost 20lbs. in 16 weeks so you CAN have chocolate and lose weight. Hershey's Cocoa 100% cacao natural unsweetened (look with the baking products)...........1Tablespoon is only 10 cals. Use skim milk, adjust sugar to your liking (I use 1 tsp.)............you can make it as dark or as light as you want.........or add a drop or two of almond, orange, or other flavoring. A little over 100cals.
    knowing I can have this keeps me from binging on junk.