How awesome are you? PR time!

Options
I love being strong... and I love being fast... and being awesome and all that being awesome entails. Sometimes I get down on myself, but when I think about how far Ive come and what I've accomplished, my tune changes.

I love setting new PR's.

I set a new deadlift PR yesterday of 235. It felt good! For me, being the strong chick in the free weights section is empowering.

What about you? What PR are you most proud of... and why?

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I think honestly my PR that makes me proudest is my sub-25 minute 5k :glasses:

Coming in a close 2nd, however, is my half marathon from last summer. Before that day my 10k race PR was 57:30. Well in the half I ran the first 10k in 57:14 and then the next 10k in 56:06... so not only did I negative split my race, I got two new back-to-back 10k PRs :bigsmile:

I'm not at the bragging stage with lifting yet :laugh:
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    since im doing my New Rules of Lifting for Women routine- i havent determined any PRs yet.

but i completed an Olympic distance triathlon (and did well!) and completed my last half marathon within my goal time (under 2:15- i finished in 2:12!)
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    very nice ladies! Michelle, I can see why you would be proud of that... back to back PR's are AWESOME!

I'm also very proud of my fastest 1 mile and 5k, but Im afraid I wouldnt be able to do that now. its crazy what a running injury can do :angry:
  • jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I recently got a new PR at a 50 mile trail run which also allowed me to qualified to enter the Western States lottery.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I recently got a new PR at a 50 mile trail run which also allowed me to qualified to enter the Western States lottery.
    You ultra runners amaze me. That's just awesome.:flowerforyou:
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options

Is that the same ultra that Dean Karnazes wrote about in ultra marathon man?! I think he called it the "western states".

That is mind boggling! I would be proud too... probably more than proud!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    3:12 marathon last fall to qualify for Boston with a 14 minute buffer.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm not fast, but I set a new PR last night running a 5K (training run). 32:55! My previous PR was 33:43 so I'm very happy with that. My goal this race season it to do a sub 32:00 5K.
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Lifting: 1000 lbs on the incline leg press last summer when I was lifting a lot. Probably could only do 6-700 now.

Running: 3:57:18 Marathon in Portland OR. I've run 18 - two under 4 hours. Those are my pride and joy.
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My last half marathon was 1:54:35.9. That was a PR that I can't wait to break!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    In October I set a new 5K PR at 21:45.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Heck, just seeing 192 on the scales for the first time since 1990 is exciting for me!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    It has to be my 5 and 10 kilometre times, considering this time last year i was running a 28 minute 5 and wasn't even finishing a 10 to be where i am now with a personal best 20:25 for 5km and 44 dead for 10km I was over the moon.

I still have to beat these times and that's what keeps me going.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My favorite PR right now is running the mile in 11:18. In middle school when we had to run for the fitness test, I had never been under 13 minutes, so I just get really excited a lot of the time that I'm under that :')
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Nowhere near some of you - but my PR was running my last 3k race in 16min 23 sec - so got near to my 8.30min mile!!!! I normally run a 10 min mile :D
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    95 pound lunges @ 10 reps
    135 pound squat for 10 reps.

I'm not sure what I can max out at each. I'm just proud that I'm able to do either of those :) even though they may seem wimpy to some haha.

Also ran 6 miles the other day in 1 hour and 47 seconds and it was the first time I ever ran over 4.5 miles. I was definitely proud of myself then :)
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    When I Dead lifted 275# and Snatched 85# with ease....power cleaning 125# a while back and as soon as my injury is gone I want to see what I can hit now -- going for 140#
  • helmsara
    helmsara Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Since I started working out again on February 28th, I've brought my mile time from 11:42 to 7:23. I'm hoping to take another minute off before summer ends.
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Since I started working out again on February 28th, I've brought my mile time from 11:42 to 7:23. I'm hoping to take another minute off before summer ends.
    Amazing improvement!!! :flowerforyou:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    In October I set a new 5K PR at 21:45.

Teach me great run master. *bows*

I have this funny PR I'm working on. I count the number of deer I see on my long weekend run. Just saw 3 last week but the week before I ran into 8 of them. That's a new PR.

3:12 marathon last fall to qualify for Boston with a 14 minute buffer.
    That's just incredible.