How awesome are you? PR time!

Options

Replies

• BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Running the CHicago rock & Roll 1/2 marathin in 2:30!!!!
    Running the Elvis is alive 5k in under 30 minutes!

My awesome legendary tan!:bigsmile:
  • helmsara
    helmsara Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Since I started working out again on February 28th, I've brought my mile time from 11:42 to 7:23. I'm hoping to take another minute off before summer ends.
    Amazing improvement!!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you! Now if I could get my mileage past 2 miles..... :/ I'm hoping to be to a 10k distance by the end of summer as well. I'm running a 5k this Saturday, and I'm hoping to keep my pace time between 9:30 and 10:00.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    3:12 marathon last fall to qualify for Boston with a 14 minute buffer.

Very nice
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Last Fall I ran a marathon about 10 minutes faster than the previous year. And I came within 8.5 minutes of qualifying for Boston. I hope to slice off another 10 minutes this year and qualify for Boston Marathon this Fall.
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Last Fall I ran a marathon about 10 minutes faster than the previous year. And I came within 8.5 minutes of qualifying for Boston. I hope to slice off another 10 minutes this year and qualify for Boston Marathon this Fall.
    Awesome! I'll never be fast enough at the full marathon distance to qual for Boston, but two weeks ago I ran the Tour De Pain Extreme (3 races in 24 hours) and was just shy of my 10k PR with 43:08, and set a half-marathon PR of 1:38 and 5k PR of 21:09 (which I have broken since, down to 20:19 now).
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm most proud of my Half Marathon PR of 1:39:46 ... it took me 3 years of solid running and 17 Halfs to get below 1:40. I'm also proud of my 3:52 marathon PR also though, but man I worked for that half time!
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    deadlift-265x3
    power clean-125
    front squat-125x10
    tricep dips-55x15
    pullups-55x5

im proud....because i weigh 120 :D
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    you flippin runners kill me with your awesomeness!
    my uusband tells me i bring a drag car to a nascar track. my first lap is a dead sprint. the second is a nice run. the third is a jig. thr fourth is controlled death.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    My half marathon PR - which I'm hoping to beat in June - is 1:55:22. My 5k PR is 24:34.

My full marathon PR is so slow that I'm pretty much guaranteed to break it on my next one - unless I stop for lunch somewhere during the race :)
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm most proud of my Half Marathon PR of 1:39:46 ... it took me 3 years of solid running and 17 Halfs to get below 1:40. I'm also proud of my 3:52 marathon PR also though, but man I worked for that half time!

Seriously awesome!
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm envious of you runners - I've never been able to do better than a 10 minute mile.

Right now I've got two PRs I'm proud of:

In the highland games, I just hit 14'6" on the 56 lb weight for height event. That's a 18" jump from last year - proof to myself that all this work in the gym actually means something! (for everyone who doesn't know the highland games, the weight for height is a one-handed throw of a 56 lb weight over a bar)

And Saturday I finally cleared not only a 600 lb raw squat (a 20-25 lb jump), but did it well below parallel!
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Running PR's of which I am most proud: 19:56 5k, 1:32 1/2 Marathon, 3:20 Marathon
    Lifting PR of which I am most proud: 460lbs on the leg press

I'm a female so I think the latter is pretty cool. :smile:
  • RedfishGuy
    RedfishGuy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I once made the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I once made the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs

That's impossible!
  • atsteele
    Options
    My half marathon PR - which I'm hoping to beat in June - is 1:55:22. My 5k PR is 24:34.

My full marathon PR is so slow that I'm pretty much guaranteed to break it on my next one - unless I stop for lunch somewhere during the race :)

re half mary; That's a great pace!! I have yet to get under a 2-hour half. Maybe this year???
  • atsteele
    Options
    Awesome! I'll never be fast enough at the full marathon distance to qual for Boston, but two weeks ago I ran the Tour De Pain Extreme (3 races in 24 hours) and was just shy of my 10k PR with 43:08, and set a half-marathon PR of 1:38 and 5k PR of 21:09 (which I have broken since, down to 20:19 now).

Never say never!! :D
  • mortyfit
    Options

Well, three marathons so far. 4:19 first one, 3:48 second (a year later), and then 3:46 (two months later). I think qual time for a man my age is 3:10? I am definitely a middle-distance guy, 10k to 10 milers are my best events.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    My 5k PR earned at the BAA 5k the day before the Boston Marathon- 28:01. Fastest 5k pushing the jogging stroller was 29:52 last August.

Hopefully I'll have a new half marathon PR next week.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options

Well, three marathons so far. 4:19 first one, 3:48 second (a year later), and then 3:46 (two months later). I think qual time for a man my age is 3:10? I am definitely a middle-distance guy, 10k to 10 milers are my best events.

6 months of consistent 60 mile weeks and I bet you would be under 3:30. Another 18 months more and you'd be sniffing that 3:10.
  • mortyfit
    Options

6 months of consistent 60 mile weeks and I bet you would be under 3:30. Another 18 months more and you'd be sniffing that 3:10.
    And there's my biggest obstacle. I struggle to make the time to put in 35-mile average weeks, between work, doctoral coursework, and family. If I could somehow find the time to increase to that kind of mileage, I would love to give it a try.