make-up remover

Options

Replies

• MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Facial soap and a washcloth works wonders for me.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I find that my pillowcase works well. Takes about 6 or 7 hours but it's cost effective.
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    love La Prairie...it is a bit expensive but work great for my combo skin...
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I use Neutregena face wipes, and they work really well.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I use baby wipes. No irritation, gentle and quick

Yup--steal them from my kiddo.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Baby oil works like a charm!

^ this
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I use baby wipes to remove makeup. I also have aloe vera plants and I use that on my skin. You just cut off a leaf, peal the skin, and rub it on your skin. It dries quickly and you can sleep in it. You just rinse it off with water and keep the left over leaf in the fridge and cut a new one when dries out.
  • juliana813
    juliana813 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i use olay makeup removing wipes. i also get dry skin and use Proactiv's green tea moisturizer. But the Olay wipes are so good and they smell lovely and hydrate my skin without leaving it oily! I work out in the mornings and then apply my makeup after my shower. Before i go to bed (or when i know i won't leave home again that day) i use the wipes to take off my makeup :-)
  • michellewong699
    michellewong699 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This may not be what you are looking for, but I just use regular body lotion as make-up remover.
    I wash my face with Neutrogena's Deep Clean Scrub, and then wipe off the remaining smudged eye make-up with lotion and a Q-tip. I then slather my face with some lotion as well.

I once had one of those water-based make-up remover, but I found my method to actually be quicker and easier. It is also less expensive. One huge tub of body lotion is priced the same as one tiny container of make-up remover.
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    ponds make-up remover pads and just wash my face with body wash in the shower usually dollar tree brand ( i am on a tight budget) :blushing:
  • Mnecka
    Mnecka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!! It is the BEST I've every used. I even use it to get makeup out of clothes.
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I use Simple make up remover, cheap and effective
    so do I
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    For general cleansing and makeup removal I cannot tell you how great the oil cleansing method is-my skin is awesome since I started doing this and it's very inexpensive:

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-6674/Why-You-Should-Wash-Your-Face-With-Oil.html

For eye makeup remover the Almay pads work well (I don't wear eye makeup usually though)
  • Mnecka
    Mnecka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Baby oil clogs your tear ducts and causes styes.
  • hpilon27
    hpilon27 Posts: 43
    Options
    Mary Kay's eye make-up remover is the absolute best.

This! It's silicon-based and gentle on the eye-area. It may be more expensive up-front, but the bottle will last over a year with daily use... I've used it to take off the kids' Halloween make-up too!
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I used to use Mary Kay and I loved it. But it was a bit expensive. Then a friend started selling Norwex and I bought some of their face cloths. I LOVE them. It takes off all of my makeup and there's nothing left behind on my skin. Plus, I've had mine for 2 years and haven't had to buy more.

Their basically a microfibre cloth, but they are super dense and have silver in them so they are antibacterial. I love them!
  • JennCarvin
    JennCarvin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also tend to have mostly dry skin. My nightly routine is:

Neutrogena Night time makeup remover wipes (they smell soooo good!) -- only if I've worn makeup
    Wash with either Philosophy Purity Cleanser or Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub
    Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner
    Night of Olay Active Hydrating Cream
    Alba Un-Petroleum Jelly (just a smidge)
    Sugar Lip Treatment Advanced Therapy (expensive but SO worth it and it lasts forever) OR, just some extra Un-Petroleum Jelly on the lips

And, most importantly, drink lots and lots of water!
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil. That is all.
  • HKSJS
    HKSJS Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use Boots cucumber gel eye make up remover

+1 and wipes to get mascara/hard to remove eyeliner off :)
  • jleWings
    jleWings Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil. I love it. Olive oil works too but I would rather my face smell like faint coconut than olive oil.