Spinning Class

I'm taking my first spinning class tonight and I'm super pumped because it looks hardcore! I'll let you guys know if I make it in the morning, hopefully I'll at least live through it!

Replies

• ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    I'm taking my first spinning class tonight and I'm super pumped because it looks hardcore! I'll let you guys know if I make it in the morning, hopefully I'll at least live through it!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    OMG, good luck.

I took spinning for a montha nd puked after each session!!!!

Then I changed to kick boxing, I miss it..
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    OMG, good luck.

I took spinning for a montha nd puked after each session!!!!

Then I changed to kick boxing, I miss it..

I wanna do kick boxing SO bad, but there isn't any classes at my gym that fit my schedule. They're re-doing the schedule as of the 11th so hopefully there will be then!
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    What is spinning?:huh:
  • GingerKid
    GingerKid Posts: 86
    What is spinning?:huh:
    It's a cycling class. You sit on a special stationary bike and have an instructor tell you to pedal fast, increase/decrease tension to simulate hills and what not.

Holy caloric burn. 1 hour nets me around 650-700cals (I wear a heartrate monitor to track it).

VERY addicting!

ETA: Good luck on your class! I really like it. Though I use a spin bike on my own now....keep needing to get back to the class, but I've been working out later than the class...need to get to the gym earlier :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    SPINNING ROCKS! It is the most intense workout if you push through it and you need to push through it to get the full effect.

One important tip: ** Drink lots of water during and after ** :drinker:
    this will help reduce the pain the next day.
    Good Luck!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Well. . . .how was it?

:flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Well. . . .how was it?

:flowerforyou:

Yeah - update please :flowerforyou: