Spinning Class

Options
I'm taking my first spinning class tonight and I'm super pumped because it looks hardcore! I'll let you guys know if I make it in the morning, hopefully I'll at least live through it!

Replies

• ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    I'm taking my first spinning class tonight and I'm super pumped because it looks hardcore! I'll let you guys know if I make it in the morning, hopefully I'll at least live through it!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    OMG, good luck.

I took spinning for a montha nd puked after each session!!!!

Then I changed to kick boxing, I miss it..
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    OMG, good luck.

I took spinning for a montha nd puked after each session!!!!

Then I changed to kick boxing, I miss it..

I wanna do kick boxing SO bad, but there isn't any classes at my gym that fit my schedule. They're re-doing the schedule as of the 11th so hopefully there will be then!
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    What is spinning?:huh:
  • GingerKid
    GingerKid Posts: 86
    Options
    What is spinning?:huh:
    It's a cycling class. You sit on a special stationary bike and have an instructor tell you to pedal fast, increase/decrease tension to simulate hills and what not.

Holy caloric burn. 1 hour nets me around 650-700cals (I wear a heartrate monitor to track it).

VERY addicting!

ETA: Good luck on your class! I really like it. Though I use a spin bike on my own now....keep needing to get back to the class, but I've been working out later than the class...need to get to the gym earlier :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    SPINNING ROCKS! It is the most intense workout if you push through it and you need to push through it to get the full effect.

One important tip: ** Drink lots of water during and after ** :drinker:
    this will help reduce the pain the next day.
    Good Luck!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Well. . . .how was it?

:flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Well. . . .how was it?

:flowerforyou:

Yeah - update please :flowerforyou: